Whole Darn Family- 7 Minutes of Funk question

aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Does anyone have the Brown cover version of the LP with the other take on "Seven Minutes of Funk" with the congas in the mix? I'm wondering if you could let me know what the catalogue number is on it. I have a promo/possibly test press of the thing- comes in blank cover and i'm guessing that it is the rarer mix as the catalogue numbers don't match the regular press SLP-103. Thanks!!

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i have it, i'll check in a sec

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i have it, i'll check in a sec

thank you

wait, whats the catalogue number?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    SLP-110

haha thanks delay, yeah that's what mine is too

BTW, anyone fancy the bongo version and wanna trade for a non-bongo version?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    SLP-110

Thank T*M. that's what I was guessing. that's what my copy is.

wondering what the hell to price a blank cover copy which was found along with many other records at a former distributor's warehouse. i would guess it was a promotional copy as i found other LPs, some with blank labels there as well(i.e. Nat Dove & The Devils, etc.)

out of curiousity, which version do they use on the 12"? haven't listened to it in a long time.

• the "no conga version" is on the 12"......... I have all 3. Conga version LP, non conga verion LP, +12"......

I don't like the way the mix sounds in the conga version. Kinda annoying after awhile.

~Crates