DJ Quik TRAUMA

roistoroisto 879 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I'm feeling the LP sampler as I'm typing this...First DJ Quik record I've bought since his debut in 1991. I'm guessing I've missed out on some dopeness through the years.

Comments

• missed out on some dopeness through the years.

definitely. But most of it is readily avaible if you want to catch up.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Has Trauma come out on vinyl yet? I really want to hear it, but I haven't seen it anywhere.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Has Trauma come out on vinyl yet? I really want to hear it, but I haven't seen it anywhere.

I doubt it would be released on vinyl, it'd be nice if I was wrong though...

• There's a 6 song? sampler, available at b-sides. It's got Black Mercedes on it.

• There's a 6 song sampler, available at b-sides. It's got no instrumentals and i'm heated about that.

Black Mercedes is its own 12" too

• trauma is really good. the new warren g and dogg pound albums are hot as well. kinda surprising.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    trauma is really good. the new warren g and dogg pound albums are hot as well. kinda surprising.

Are those major label releases?

• nope - the DPG is on an indie with sonybmg distribution (RED) and the warren g is some label i had never heard of.

• DJ Quik is getting busy - gets crazy radio play in LA. I feel like he is on a different show almost everyweek hyping the new album.

THE new Dogg Pound wow?.

I just listented to some old Mausberg and quik stuff -- aiiight

Ice Cube's "chrome and Paint" is ?????

• debardebar 215 Posts
    good shit, i've had this album and the track quik did on luda's last album playing constantly

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    good shit, i've had this album and the track quik did on luda's last album playing constantly

strangely enough quik didnt produce that track.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    The warren G and mike Jones track is piff though.

West Up!

• i heard at the northern cali lowrider show the trauma cd was given out as a promo and when lil rob got on stage everyone threw the cd's at him.

i kinda like the beat on that new lil rob track btw. he um does ruin it by opening his mouth but the beat is still good.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I'm guessing I've missed out on some dopeness through the years.

1)Safe and Sound

2)Quik is the name

3)Rhythm-al-ism

4)Trauma

5)Balance & Options

6)Way too Funky

7)Under the Influence

and if you don't own ....

this....

or this....

go buy them NOW

Hell..dude made Shaq sound good for Christ's sake

and speaking of Quik...Where is Daze ?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Apparently, driving the BangBus.

Herm

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Apparently, driving the BangBus.

Herm

HAHAHAHA!!!!

• debardebar 215 Posts

damn, that shit sounds just like classic quik so i just assumed since i only have the promo lp. who did it then?

damn, that shit sounds just like classic quik so i just assumed since i only have the promo lp. who did it then?

It is credited to him, I'm assuming Bsides is flexing some insider knowledge of ghost production... great track BTW

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Is Fandango only out on limited red wax 12"?

• debardebar 215 Posts

It is credited to him, I'm assuming Bsides is flexing some insider knowledge of ghost production... great track BTW

ah, one of those type of uh, deals

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Yo,

has anyone ever seen a copy of way 2 fonky on wax?

h

Is Fandango only out on limited red wax 12"?

I think so...