Here we go again... Another 'lurker' revealed

Phil_DeckerPhil_Decker 83 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Hey y'all,

Here's another lurker forced to register again to get into mp3 download thread to realize that access is still denied...

There's propably couple of people who know me from VV by the name Amino. Registered again since I used to be Soulstrutter regular years ago by the name Amino (suprise suprise). For reason or the other I stopped my visits and moved to VinylVulture which happens to be more active on my time zone and I've been active on that board ever since. (I just noticed that I messed my nick's and now I'm Phil_DeckerI'd like to be Amino but didn't find out way to change it...)

I have to admit that I haven't been lurking the boards. I've just checked my man Joel's excellent record reviews on Soulstrut. Got this one link to mp3 thread couple of days ago and we're happy until today. I understand the reasons and maybe it's better this way. At least I'm now forced to share and be active. That's fine.

At the moment I live in Finland. In the beginning of 2006 I'll make a big move overseas and move to Bay area.

I've been collection for a long long time. Back in the days it was electro and hiphop, then it was early house and more electronic stuff. In the early 90s I collected mostly electronic stuff and in latter part of 90s jazz and mellow soul. When millenium came I went nuts about Jamaican stuff and sold too many hiphop, electro and house records. Now I'm more into psych, folk and everything with good beats and samples.

In a near future I will open my record blog by the name of 'Secret Life of Vinyl' where I will write about the pain of moving 2500 Lps and 1500 45s overseas. I will pull out some records and give some words about it with pictures and maybe sound clips too. Time will show how much time I have in my hands. First it'll be mainly about moving and after that it'll be more about new stuff that I come across with. And last and not least it'll be my trade list... (Hell yeah, trades are good whatever people say)

My collection is currently 4000+ Lps, it used to be bigger and then smaller and now I'm thinking what did I do back then, oh why... Now I'll try cut that 40 hundred to 25 hundred. My trades will be found from my blog whenever I get it up and running.

Good to meet you all again, or for the first time! Raj or whoever is a man in charge. Let me into that thread which was closed and I'll hit you with serious and raer stuff from Finland / all over the world. That's a promise, VVers know what I'm talkin' about.

Comments

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    u snooze you lose....

• u snooze you lose....

Yeah, nice to meet you too...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Good to meet you all again, or for the first time! Raj or whoever is a man in charge. Let me into that thread which was closed and I'll hit you with serious and raer stuff from Finland / all over the world. That's a promise, VVers know what I'm talkin' about.

The sight of an MP3 addict in advanced stages of withdrawal is disturbing...

• Good to meet you all again, or for the first time! Raj or whoever is a man in charge. Let me into that thread which was closed and I'll hit you with serious and raer stuff from Finland / all over the world. That's a promise, VVers know what I'm talkin' about.

The sight of an MP3 addict in advanced stages of withdrawal is disturbing...

Oh, this welcoming feeling is totally overhauling...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Whatever dude, for the most part I'm just kidding with you. But you also came on and wrote a 4 paragraph resume on why you should be allowed access to a thread that to most people on here is just a neat diversion, not the reason for being here. You made it clear your only reason for posting this was to get in on the download action. How can you not get clowned on for that?

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    you also came on and wrote a 4 paragraph resume on why you should be allowed access to a thread that to most people on here is just a neat diversion, not the reason for being here.

You made it clear your only reason for posting this was to get in on the download action.

How can you not get clowned on for that?

i feel that

• Whatever dude, for the most part I'm just kidding with you. But you also came on and wrote a 4 paragraph resume on why you should be allowed access to a thread that to most people on here is just a neat diversion, not the reason for being here. You made it clear your only reason for posting this was to get in on the download action. How can you not get clowned on for that?
    Yeah, maybe I was begging for it... If you skip the last paragraph, maybe you can then see the message from there. It's not the resume. It's an introduction which was done in a wrong time in a wrong place with wrong ending...

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    Amino's got the finnish jazz on lock

welcome back to the strut .. a few vultures about (I post as rolex over at VV)