Sesame Street break?

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
wasnt there some 12" from sesame street with a break or something? i remember there was more talk about it a while ago, but ive completely forgot what it was...was it cookie monster or rubber ducky or what?anyway, can somebody post a soundclip? i was always curious about it.didnt somebody once find a copy that smelled like cat piss, and couldnt bring themselves to buy it? haha

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Sesame Street Disco LP, Rubber Duckie I think. Roosevelt Franklin LP is also kinda semi-funky.
    T.N.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Sesame Street Disco LP, Rubber Duckie I think. Roosevelt Franklin LP is also kinda semi-funky.
    T.N.

ah, i cant even count the amount of times ive passed on that record.

thanks...but also wasnt there a 12" version with extended break or something?

which roosevelt franklin lp is supposed to be the good one anyway? the one i have is pretty decent, are they both the same?

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    It's been a while but I'm pretty sure there is a drum on another lp outside of the disco. It's the green cover with a circle in the top right.

• rookrook 357 Posts
    the cookie monster c is for cookie bw pointer sisters pinball numbercount was released for the first time via ninjatuen about a year. ago. it had was basically an edit of the song that kept it longer. no real break just funky as hell

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Larry Levan's first commercially issued remix was also the only 12" I'm aware of that ever came out on Sesame Street records

C is for Cookie

There's two versions on the 12, I'm guessing on of them is the one on the Ninja Tune 12"

• anyone remember that site "rare radio" or whatever that was related to grand royal records. i used to waste alot of company time listening to that. anyway they used to play an awesome sesame street funk tune. which one was that?

also from the breaks:
    The Sesame Street Book & Record - Original Cast: (Columbia 1970)
    * ???Number 5???
    Jurassic 5???s ???Monkey Bars???

Signs!: (Sesame Street 1977)
    * ???Telephone Rock???
    Them???s ???Eating Homework???

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    There is a pretty big break on Bob McGrath "of Sesame Street" album. Some pretty cool songs in general, one with a nice groovy breakdown at the end. Groovin on the Sunshine or some shiz. PM me if you want it.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Nautilus and Arcee - Twelve
    1234567891011 twe-e-e-e-e-e-e-elve!
    12!

There is a pretty big break on Bob McGrath "of Sesame Street" album. Some pretty cool songs in general, one with a nice groovy breakdown at the end. Groovin on the Sunshine or some shiz. PM me if you want it.

ive seen this around, if i remember correctly the breaks are just a lot of clapping and stomping?

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Anybody ever come across the Sesame Street END theme music? The one with all the bells and the funky guitar? Ive never been able to find that on vinyl.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

ive seen this around, if i remember correctly the breaks are just a lot of clapping and stomping?

There is at least one "real" drum break and some cool ass bass.

Anybody ever come across the Sesame Street END theme music? The one with all the bells and the funky guitar? Ive never been able to find that on vinyl.

what im dying to have is the music from the funky pinball machine thing, but we've all been voer this before.

There is at least one "real" drum break and some cool ass bass.

i'd definitely be interested in hearing the break and bass, any way you can post a clip? i havent seen this album for a little while and i kinda regret not picking it up the few times ive seen it at thrift stores.

• Anybody ever come across the Sesame Street END theme music? The one with all the bells and the funky guitar? Ive never been able to find that on vinyl.

No, but MF Doom used it on the MM Food album. I'm thinking he must have sampled it off of the TV.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    No drumbreaks on this Sesame Street- Letters (1974 pink cover), but two funky cuts, one on each side,...Roosevelt Franklin counts and Roosevelt Franklin's Alphabet.
    Does anybody have the Bang on a Drum (BBC) record up for trade....? Let me know via PM...

• rookrook 357 Posts
    what im dying to have is the music from the funky pinball machine thing, but we've all been voer this before.
    bw pointer sisters pinball numbercount was released for the first time via ninjatune about a year. ago
    its gooooooodd

• the cookie monster c is for cookie bw pointer sisters pinball numbercount was released for the first time via ninjatuen about a year. ago. it had was basically an edit of the song that kept it longer. no real break just funky as hell

just for clarification...

there was a 12inch of c is for cookie from the 70's. it has two disco mixes.

the ninja tune one is a reissue and includes the pointer sisters version of the pinball number count. the pinball number count as far as i know from reading about their process is straight from a tape of the tv show.

i have both copies and its a fun twelve inch to play out.

• rookrook 357 Posts
    agreed. one two three four five... tweeeehhhehhelve

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    anyone want the Roosevelt Franklin record? i dont want mine, that shits pure trash

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Paul Nice' Breaks For Days had a really nice break from a dutch Sesame LP on it.

oh and i forgot the illest sesame street lp is Susan sings Sesame Street

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    anyone remember that site "rare radio" or whatever that was related to grand royal records. i used to waste alot of company time listening to that. anyway they used to play an awesome sesame street funk tune. which one was that?

The SUSAN FROM SESAME STREET lp on Scepter

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    anyone remember that site "rare radio" or whatever that was related to grand royal records. i used to waste alot of company time listening to that. anyway they used to play an awesome sesame street funk tune. which one was that?

The SUSAN FROM SESAME STREET lp on Scepter

Yep, that's the good one. Mine is totally skated, kids must have sat on it and "skated" across the floor, damn.

AKO, I'll post that song after work, 8 pm central.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    I thought "one two buckle my shoe" was THE sesame street break

kinda of a short but a fast funky break

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    oh and i forgot the illest sesame street lp is Roosevelt Franklin

i like the skin i'm in

dude it's so fuckin corny though. it's cool on a novelty level for like 5 minutes. them im like, if this was a REAL soul record it would be utter garbage

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

I found a bunch of these sealed one time in Camden, NJ. I made a lot of money selling them. I don't like this record, though.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Here is the opening break on "So It Dosen't Whistle" and the ending on "Groovin' On The Sunshine". Nice little vamp.
    Sesame Stuff

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

I found a bunch of these sealed one time in Camden, NJ. I made a lot of money selling them. I don't like this record, though.

phil, thats the group that does "talk to me sometimes"? i always liked that intro.

c is for cookie is hard to find
    bob mcgrath is not
    rosevelt franklin is somewhat hard...2 covers, one has a dope mugshot style pose of the hommie

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    Nautilus and Arcee - Twelve
    1234567891011 twe-e-e-e-e-e-e-elve!
    12!

didn't he do it with a dj named "lil jazz" or something?

canadian talent represent