Can we try something?

jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
look i know i deal records full time... sometimes i know what shit is worth and sometimes i dont... ie: PAPAYA. however i try to take a little time here and there to do some research on prices past and current to get an estimate.now heres what im writing...i see this ALL the time and not just on this site. trades and/or sales with no values next to them?!?!? do you not know what things are worth or are you scared to get rid of something too cheap? if either of those apply to you, THEN DO SOME RESEARCH ON WEBSITES!!! shits not fucking rocket science otherwise AP and I would be fucking outta jobs!!! just want to put up some records that you want to trade without values? okay thats cool... then put up some recs that you are after that we can compare value-wise to the shit youre trying to get rid of!!! or at least give us some kind of idea what type of tunes you are after. and dont give some bullshit rookie fucking nonsense with "well im after soul and funk records." duh! no shit moron...im sorry if this sounds like bullshit to a lot of you but im honestly quite fucking tired of having to go back and forth with someone on a record in this way... its a waste of our time... freal! things move so much faster if you stop and put a little more effort into it.anyway, if anyone feels this is directed at them... well then it probably is... GET YOUR FUCKING SHIT TOGETHER OR DONT TRADE/SELL RECORDS. ((official ranting of Justin Torres/Jinx74 is an often occurance. if you feel the need to complain to someone in regards to this member please contact management. thank you.))

Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Super cosign!!!

I barely look at the wants/trades forum because it's always so damn vague.

DJ Ferrari

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Ouchy, can I ask what recs were involved in this discussion?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    TOYZ WILL GET JACKED IN THE PARKING LOT!!!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Ouchy, can I ask what recs were involved in this discussion?

no

and plus its a general statement... it involves all who feel that this is directed at them. if you feel that this may concern you and your buying/trading/selling habits then you should be ashamed of yourself mark...

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    sorry jinx, i know i forgot to put a price on the les mccann record in my set sale list, i meant to put $20 on it. LORD FORGIVE ME!!!!

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    i have wanted to put some trades up. And even though I researched the price and what not, I didnt put them up because of that back and forth shit. And I wasnt sure if other people knew the value and would try to clown.

But yeah, that I why I dont trade. I hate this:

I have these records to trade: X,Y,Z

Cool, what are you looking for?

Anything soul and funk.

grr.

sorry jinx, i know i forgot to put a price on the les mccann record in my set sale list, i meant to put $20 on it. LORD FORGIVE ME!!!!

wow... that seems like a rip-off... do people care about les mccann still?

and yeah... even shit like that patrick.

i know it all seems maybe stupid to you but i buy, sell and trade records ALL DAY. from 4/5am through the evening until the wife gets home (and sometimes after that)... and it slows shit down when i have to have 10 PMs with a dude/tte that could of been handled a lot easier.

dont do it for all i fucking care... im just making a statement... ask your mom what she thinks first before you go knocking it!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    its one of his on limelight called "Bucket o Grease". ive seen it go for like $30 so i put it up for $20, or i guess i didnt. but anyway, it was just the fact i forgot, i wasnt tryin to get over on anyone, especially not on a les mccann record

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

you know whats funny... okay not funny haha, but i do really well with those limelight lps and 45s. never online though. only when i do the home record shows and regular record shows...

well its weird to me anyway...

• sorry jinx, i know i forgot to put a price on the les mccann record in my set sale list, i meant to put $20 on it. LORD FORGIVE ME!!!!

wow... that seems like a rip-off... do people care about les mccann still?

and yeah... even shit like that patrick.

i know it all seems maybe stupid to you but i buy, sell and trade records ALL DAY. from 4/5am through the evening until the wife gets home (and sometimes after that)... and it slows shit down when i have to have 10 PMs with a dude/tte that could of been handled a lot easier.

dont do it for all i fucking care... im just making a statement... ask your mom what she thinks first before you go knocking it!

... see :

It??s not all about the fucking sale of records!

There are people who do not see $$$ or other curency symbols behind records
    but still they see the fast "do you have something for me" type of guys trying to make a deal out of everything.

So they are afraid to be pulled over (!language assistance please)

As far as I got to know soulstrut is for the collectors first and for fulltime sellers second.

So why do you cry out here loud and claim the way of swap activities for you yourself in first place ?

Don??t get it wrong, I don??t know you and don??t want to judge your activities but this is not the place for single persons to claim anything, is it ?

Peace
    Seb

• i don't price the records on my site. shit just looks cheap. and i'm not in a hurry to get rid of all my stuffs.

seems like those who do trades on this page aren't so value obsessed as say the funk45forum heads. that said why put a price next to something if you are looking for a trade?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    So they are afraid to be pulled over (!language assistance please)

Ha ha! I think you mean "they are afraid someone will try to pull a fast one on them."

But I think I like your wording better.

Herm

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    i wasnt tryin to get over on anyone except for the Katrina folks in the Heatrock auction but that doesn't count.

• Ha ha! I think you mean "they are afraid someone will try to pull a fast one on them."

But I think I like your wording better.

Herm

ups

youre funny dude... look, if someone puts up a les mccann on limelight i know to offer something under $30 but im not going to give them a $50+ record for it. if thats your thing... then buddy, id LOVE to trade with you.

im also not saying i want to take expensive records away from someone for cheap... shit i just sold a bunch of records for WAY cheaper than i could of gotten on eBay or at a record show. you obviously have not had decent trades in your life with dealers if this is the way you look at things.

and its nice that you say that soulstrut is for the collector first but really soulstrut is comprised of a bunch of people who love/like/care about music by either buying vinyl, selling vinyl, trading vinyl, djing, singing, emceeing, producing, etc. its not for collectors or dealers... its really just about a bunch of fucking dorks who deal with music. dude theres people on this site that dont even BUY records!!!!

i honestly can barely understand anything you wrote (no disrespect i just cant really decipher what youre saying... i wish those cheap language changer things you can find online would work better), but what we do here is air shit out in the open like this. i think youve been on here for a little while so i would assume you would understand why i wrote what i wrote...

...and really, if you dont like what i wrote, thats okay too... you and i just dont have to do business with one another. but as you can see some people agree and some people dont...

and overall... its just one persons opinion on how shit can be handled better.

blah blah blah... cause i just got a $50 parking ticket... so mad...

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    youre funny dude... look, if someone puts up a les mccann on limelight i know to offer something under $30 but im not going to give them a $50+ record for it. if thats your thing... then buddy, id LOVE to trade with you.

im also not saying i want to take expensive records away from someone for cheap... shit i just sold a bunch of records for WAY cheaper than i could of gotten on eBay or at a record show. you obviously have not had decent trades in your life with dealers if this is the way you look at things.

and its nice that you say that soulstrut is for the collector first but really soulstrut is comprised of a bunch of people who love/like/care about music by either buying vinyl, selling vinyl, trading vinyl, djing, singing, emceeing, producing, etc. its not for collectors or dealers... its really just about a bunch of fucking dorks who deal with music. dude theres people on this site that dont even BUY records!!!!

i honestly can barely understand anything you wrote (no disrespect i just cant really decipher what youre saying... i wish those cheap language changer things you can find online would work better), but what we do here is air shit out in the open like this. i think youve been on here for a little while so i would assume you would understand why i wrote what i wrote...

...and really, if you dont like what i wrote, thats okay too... you and i just dont have to do business with one another. but as you can see some people agree and some people dont...

and overall... its just one persons opinion on how shit can be handled better.

blah blah blah... cause i just got a $50 parking ticket... so mad...

Rub your pussy with a water based moisturizer. I think it will make you feel better.

am i missing something nate? lately... whats been up with the pussy talk? not that i dont find it romantic and charming but... freal dude why the words?

am i missing something nate? lately... whats been up with the pussy talk? not that i dont find it romantic and charming but... freal dude why the words?

REAL TALK

Nate has moved on from the infantile "Sabadabada" anal spouting stage of development and I believe his psyche is now in the adolescent discovery stage.

Jungian psych in full effect, boyeeee.

Sike! You guys are cool dudes. Parking tickets suck, freals.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    This is somekindabullshit J.

Most people on here aren't serious dealers like you.
    Why should they have to behave like one.

If you can't deal with specific people, then don't trade with them.
    Don't cry about it and try and dictate to everybody on here how they should and shouldn't behave.

I think Jinx is just letting off steam.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

REAL TALK

Nate has moved on from the infantile "Sabadabada" anal spouting stage of development and I believe his psyche is now in the adolescent discovery stage.

REAL TALK

It's that Punani Prince pushing to the surface.

PUCCINI POSSE IN FULL EFFECT MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't cry about it and try and dictate to everybody on here how they should and shouldn't behave.

its not being a serious dealer or any kind of dealer to ask for some prices now and then... or even have someone make some suggestions on what they want a little better than "after soul funk or jazz records".

and yeah i dont trade with people like that. once in a great while ill try and work out a trade but shit most of the time it falls through (on either end... and its not like i havent dont the same thing that im posting about). thats why i mostly stick to the set sale lists and buy from there and frequently i may add.

so yeah... i ranted a bit... but shit, this kind of thing happens here. and plus, a handful of dudes are going to do that shit and ill finally be able to trade with kids... works for me.

you all can keep hating... im okay with it.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I just don't like when dudes obviously aren't looking to trade for shit, just want to offer money when you say that you have something they want. If I want to sell a record, I'll sell it...shit I want to trade is for trading. Baiting trades to try to buy raers equals ghey.

• Trades work well ONLY if both sides have trades lists. If match isn't found, no biggie and life goes on. Without lists it's a nightmare like already descriped by most.

fag: i dont get it...

anyway... that howard stern thing with stevie on it was dope. just wanted to mention that. the wife is sad that hes off the radio soon. its kinda like her last link to NY. you know.. the attitude, the words (ie: forest = farest), etc.

anyway... off topic but i saw the stevie thing and well the rest is up above

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I just want to say that even though jinx sounds really angry and confrontive on the internet. Ive met him, and actually hes one of the coolest guys Ive ever come across...

One day i hope to get back there and get some records too!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

its not being a serious dealer or any kind of dealer to ask for some prices now and then... or even have someone make some suggestions on what they want a little better than "after soul funk or jazz records".

and yeah i dont trade with people like that. once in a great while ill try and work out a trade but shit most of the time it falls through (on either end... and its not like i havent dont the same thing that im posting about). thats why i mostly stick to the set sale lists and buy from there and frequently i may add.

so yeah... i ranted a bit... but shit, this kind of thing happens here. and plus, a handful of dudes are going to do that shit and ill finally be able to trade with kids... works for me.

you all can keep hating... im okay with it.

Jinx I empathise with what you're saying completely. And I'm definately not hating.