Too late!!

brotherjbrotherj 4 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Hi all!Well, like a lot of folks lately, I wanted to stop lurking/leeching and contribute to the album upload thread. But I'm too new to do so (and I understand Raj's reasons to shutting it down to lurkers). So I'll give a brief intro anyways. I'm from Toronto (but grew up in Timmins...ya that place where Shania is from). I've been buying records since I was a kid, but didn't start "diggin'" til around '93. I used to have a web page called brotherj's breaks, but Rogers kept moving domains and eventually I let it die. Actually looking back at it, I was pretty green to diggin' (and compared to what gets tossed around here, I still am) and some of it was laughable, but hey.I wanted to contribute these as per davesrecords' request: So if dave or whoever wants them, they can PM me and I'll send the link (and then a senior strutter can put it up on the album upload thread if it's still going).Later!Ed

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Welcome fellow Torontonian!

For some strange reason I think I know you...

Billy/DOR

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Hi
    [img]

Is this the one with 'black circles'? on side 2??

and welcome to the strut.

• Welcome fellow Torontonian!

For some strange reason I think I know you...

Billy/DOR

Hmmm, possibly, but I don't recall off the top of my head anyone named Billy who digs. I usually frequent the usual spots downtown although I'm doing so less and less. Of all the Toronto heads on here, I think I only know PaulEStyrene...maybe there are others who I haven't figured out yet?

Regardless, thanks for the welcome!
    Ed

• Hi

Thanks! Yeah, Black wax circles (first track side 1).
    Ed

• can no one access it? I downloaded so I made sure to contribute

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Hi

Thanks! Yeah, Black wax circles (first track side 1).
    Ed

Then I'm confused. I'm absolutely positive that the track I am referring to is the last song on side two. A jazzy number that lets the drums go in a out throughout the song?
    Whatever, you know what Im talking about. There is some alright stuff on those Radio Canada records.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I wanted to contribute this excellent peruvian bossa/funk (track3 is )
    also a new micro-dude

However i see wassup now
    do i post the link or ask for PM?

As a means of intro i am a senegalese montrealer who has been buying records for the past 7 years also, dj/producer

My colection is basic (iam mad poor) however I have good african (west-africa)stuff from my parents (70's) as well as good latin stuff from my digging in peru (cheap fania paradise)

cheers and thx to all