HOME MADE EXOTICA FUNK MP3'S

generiquegenerique 625 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
The thread on exotica recommendations got me thinking about "modern exotica" and that there's not that much of it. Some years back I thought: since a mix between exotica and funk is hard to find, why not try and make/mix some myself? So I made a couple of tracks in the late hours and found it fun to do. The result was pretty strange and I don't know what to think of it although I do like the tracks. I just made loops from Bollywood OST's, percussion, library and exotica records and started to pile those on top and after each other and adding beats to those. Here are two direct links: ivory hunt big water animals Maybe you think it's fun to check out and if some other people tried a similar thing I would be interested in their results too.

Comments

• Excellent. That was pretty dope. I'm a sucker for that shit & would buy in a heartbeat.

Pete's Pond soundtrack music no doubt.

There's a few, mostly British cats doing it, like Bias, Harmonic 33, Danny Breaks, 2ndClass Citizen, The Unheard, 3 Blind Mice, Tiki Two, but yours is pretty nice.

This is fantastic collection from Pritchard & co.

• Pete's Pond soundtrack music no doubt.

Ha ha! That's what I wanted it to be. Thanks!

That cover looks great. I'll check it out. We had some people in Holland called - I think - Spyfi who did Pete's Pond stuff. Sample based with an Indian singer. And somebody gave me a CD by Tipsy that I liked.

One I really like is Arling & Cameron - "Music for Imaginary Films" with title tunes for non existent series such as Hashy the Hash Dog or something like that.

• Arling & Cameron are great. Tipsy were cool, but then went a bit DnB'ish.
    One soundtrack album I highly recommend that came out on the same label as A&C is CQ by French outfit Mellow. Their early albums are also worth checking for.
    CQ is a dope film as well. By Coppala's son, Roman. Excellent exotica vibe ala Diabolik type style.
    But was ignored by all when it came out a few years ago.

• That one is indeed very good.

This one I liked too:

Should have had a bigger audience IMO.

• ^^ Hmm, I must admit, haven't heard of that one... Looks cool.
    I raise you a Tawny Kitaen... A must see for it's set design, costumes & bizarreness. From the director of Emanuelle.

Um how's that for a thread taking a tangent...

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Arling & Cameron are great. Tipsy were cool, but then went a bit DnB'ish.
    One soundtrack album I highly recommend that came out on the same label as A&C is CQ by French outfit Mellow. Their early albums are also worth checking for.
    CQ is a dope film as well. By Coppala's son, Roman. Excellent exotica vibe ala Diabolik type style.
    But was ignored by all when it came out a few years ago.

CQ is great! ive seen it like 4 times now. really good 1969 vibe. still wanna check that cd out though...

• ^^^ Yeah me to. Production design is fantastic.
    It was also available on Vinyl... Now I regret not getting that as well.
    This is one of Mellow's previous albums. From memory it's a 3 sided vinyl issue.

• Man you guys need to check out Tipsy. modern exotica. and its fucking awesome.

• I just remembered 2 more, SUKIA & DJ ME DJ YOU.
    Same dudes in both groups.
    Trivia fact is that one of the members is Ross Harris. The kid who gets taken up to the cockpit in the film Airplane by Leslie Nielsen;s character.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

this album is pretty rad

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Man you guys need to check out Tipsy. modern exotica. and its fucking awesome.

is a killer! Some of the members played in Mr. Bungle as well, right?

Nice tracks, Generique. Digging it. In fact 'Big Water Animals' was a bit Tipsy-ish. Drums are a bit messy at times, though.

Never heard of that CQ flick, looks very interesting.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I love what Adventure time did with that song that you used on big water animals. Definitely reccomended for this genre. Ivory hunt was dope. Wish the drums were crisper on it.