duke lumumba - jungle funk

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
hey, i've been trying to find out about this record but can;t find much. is this an afro funk lp? is it any good? whats it like?

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

• 's ok. More jazz than funk, kinda similar to Hugh Masekela's records from that era.

• never seen that one before. i was wondering if capitol released any jazz during their green label period, other than cannonball adderley's lp's. anyone know of others besides this one? (jazz on capitol-green label)

• chrischris 287 Posts
    anyone know of others besides this one? (jazz on capitol-green label)

jimmy mcgriff "soul sugar" is one -- surely there's more(?).

edit: fourth way s/t

• anyone know of others besides this one? (jazz on capitol-green label)

Henry Cain - Funky Organ-i-zation of...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    anyone know of others besides this one? (jazz on capitol-green label)

Henry Cain - Funky Organ-i-zation of...

David Axelrod - Songs of Experience (I was hoping it would have the rainbow label)

• never seen that one before. i was wondering if capitol released any jazz during their green label period, other than cannonball adderley's lp's. anyone know of others besides this one? (jazz on capitol-green label)

There's a weird one out there with a really long name, ends with something like "intergalactic pit crew".

It's jazz/rock/mod in sound with sounds of racing cars in the background. Title names all have to do with cars as well. Green label capitol.

Mine is a sleeveless promo... don't have it in front of me. I'm not making this up, some douds on vinylvulture were talking about it a while back.

Off the head I couldn't figure any out, but found two on eBay:

Of 1973 vintage, so might be the orange label at this point.

----

They have an album on Harvest/Capitol which is quite good, but they were on Capitol proper beforehand.

I'm sure there are a few others, I'm just thankful Capitol kept Adderley as long as they did.

There's a weird one out there with a really long name, ends with something like "intergalactic pit crew".

It's jazz/rock/mod in sound with sounds of racing cars in the background. Title names all have to do with cars as well. Green label capitol.

Mine is a sleeveless promo... don't have it in front of me. I'm not making this up, some douds on vinylvulture were talking about it a while back.

Ahhh, the Shorty Rogers "Bug-In" LP. I want a dune buggy so bad, and even more so since I saw the photo of DJ Breakout flossing one in "Yes Yes Y'all."