1st post greetings / recent Barcelona finds

buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Hello all. Discovered this page a couple months ago and finally decided to sign up. Originally I came for the mad-knowledge being shared, but eventually ended up staying for the inane jpegs being posted Been buying records for about 5 years now; more intensely collecting/digging for about 2. So speaking of that, I was just over in Barcalona and check out some of the vinyl I managed to unearth outta, mainly of the psych, beat, & pop 45 variety.I don't really know/care if they're valuble or not because they are awesome regardless. Especially that Los Pasos 45 which is heavily medicated on some severe sitar-psych shit. I also found these at the flea market there:Which I haven't had a chance to hear yet. They look like they could be either geniune killers, or 100% cover-art. Anyone know? A'ight take care.

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Originally I came for the mad-knowledge being shared, but eventually ended up staying for the inane jpegs being posted

welcome!

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Now that's what I'm talkin'bout. ugnh!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    hey, I can't see your pictures. Would love to see some of your Barcelona finds. Beautiful city. Heard good things about Barcelona record stores!!! Welcome!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Hello.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    At which store did you bought this stuff ??? In the street where Revolver Records is ??? Near the Rambla ??? Or the Edison store ???

Peace
    Hawkeye

Oh you can't? :P Sometimes my host gets funny and blocks access to my files for an hour. Usually just after I post them somewhere public. Thats lame, now I look all stupid in my first post!

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    i can see 'em, dude.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i can see 'em, dude.

Hawkeye-

I got most of the 45s at Edison's. Theres so much to look through there its crazy! It was a bit hard to dig for them, because the aisles were so small and everything is shoved underneath the LP racks. Those two LPs were from the big flea market Els Encants. Oh, and I also pick up a vinyl re-ish of this which I don't think is available in the states:

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Originally I came for the mad-knowledge being shared, but eventually ended up staying for the inane jpegs being posted

welcome!

Is that the mutha fukkin' SS Minnow in the background???

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Geocities sucks for hosting images.. Just use Imageshack or something...

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Where you at the Poppa store or at the son store ? They are vis-a-vis on the same street. I prefered the Poppa store. He got a lot of jazz and stuff. I bought a lot of dollar bin records from him that were mad nice. He didnt like the funk stuff so thats cheap there.

Yeah it was the dad's shop. Tons of "funky soul" to look through, but I only had limited time and figured I can get that at home if I want it. So I hit the euro bins hard.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    hola.