your fave Prince Paul production?

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
so what are your top PP stuff? I was thinking and arrived at the conclusion that his Paul Barman - It's Very Stimulating EP is mine. I mean if you ignore the vocals, that EP is amazingly melodic and just good times, i really wish there was an instrumental version of that. on itrumental, the "flattery" song really reminds me of that vibe he was on. the de la track on "among thieves" is up there for me and i dont know if it was him or automator that did the jack johnson track "breakdown" on the disappointing "white people" but it sounds like paul to me and thats one of my tunes. what's your prince paul joint?

oh ya posted this before, but always a good listen, rap music u can play for the youngsters:
The waikikis prince paul and wordsworth - Prince pauls bubble party
http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0GZNOX6XQ7UAJ1KECIRMWON2T4

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    there so many but i like these..............

3ft High and Rising is a given.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Deal with it.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    HIs track

"you made me (a.K.c.)" on Psychoanalysis is one of my favorties but he always come with some dope shit..

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    cosign on the de la, stetsasonic and gravediggaz.

i also like this:

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    my name's UCLA.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    BOOTY CLAP

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    One of my favorites:

The Jaz: It's Just That Simple (feat. a young, tongue-twistin' Jay-Z).

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    Deal with it.

really? what did he produce on this, the whole thing?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Naw, he did a few tracks but this is mostly Dante, I think.

Deal with it.

really? what did he produce on this, the whole thing?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    One of my favorites:

Wow I didn't know he produced that. I wouldn't say it's my favorite PP track, but it's definitley my favorite Jaz one. I still remember that was the last song on the cassette and I used to get hype when it came on! [/dating myself]

Ok, but yeah, Prince Paul? It's tough to choose. I'd have to go with all the De La and Gravediggaz stuff. I can't pick just one.

• One of my favorites:

This is nice but I always thought his best track for Jaz was "Abnormal" I was just playing that the other day and wishing I could get an instrumental...

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    my name's UCLA.

this album seems to be under rated. it bends my mind all around and then back around straight again. i love that UCLA joke. is that dl hughley?

• Cookie Crew - Born This Way (Prince Paul Remix). These are some UK female rappers.

The 12 has the original and his remix and the instrumental of the remix. The instrumental is bonkers. It's some hip-house shit, and it has the cookie monster saying: COOKIE....

I got this record for 3 bucks mint also.

• so pure ...

• so pure ...

"Never were we meant to be ordinary/
    The way we rap is unique and legendary
    etc....

But if you can't say it all/
    Just Say Stet!"

Aaah... The bizness alright...

I gotta say the Resident Alien 12" always brings a smile to my face.
    a href="http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=19BZJLCD1YCSA2QXG2SV49IS21
    ">RESIDENT ALIEN - Shakey Ground[/b]

And good to see that he has included a unreleased track, "Alone" on this... Haitians doing a reggae track... Ha!

so pure ...

I wouldnt call Steta's first album a Prince Paul production.
    He was on board, but Daddy-O was the leader/prime producer.
    DBC also had a heavy hand on the first LP. PP was really just the DJ.

my name's UCLA.

this album seems to be under rated. it bends my mind all around and then back around straight again. i love that UCLA joke. is that dl hughley?

Dave Chappelle.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

">RESIDENT ALIEN - Shakey Ground[/b]

Dman I can't get this to work....SHit when does that CD drop? looks dope

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

oh is this the unreleased album he was talking about putting out!? when's it out?
    and please dispense info on what he's working on right now, i heard here about some bob james remix project and his last album? and i hope to god, dude is isn't serious about retiring, people need to give him his shine(on a larger scale), i always hate it how rock legends are respected to the highest extent commercially, while it aint the case in hip hop

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    tie:

it's hard being the kane- big daddy kane
    the doo doo man- resident alien

the former b/c the beat is nasty as hell and i am still amazed how he mixes about 7 different elements together seamlessly (in key and all!) to the point that it sounds like a band playing, not a bunch of layered samples. the latter b/c it's funny, has ragga vocals, and mixes really well with the Gas Face...

• flunkflunk 230 Posts
    my name's UCLA.

this album seems to be under rated.

.......by who?

this guy?

flunk