the Soulstrut factor revisited...

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited April 2005 in Soul Strut
Check out this feedback I just got...
Great Ebayer and quick shipping. The record lives up to all the SoulStrut hype.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    If only thadigspot??? could see me now...

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I've noticed one thing... even people with no clout here, if they talk about a record it pops up online quick-fast. I've seen certain records that I would have been searching for (in the street and online) for a minute and I would have liked the jawn to stay quiet to cop a copy and bam!!!... someone mentions it here and all these copies surface. And of course they go for way more than I'd be willing to pay at any given time.

This is a powerful place.

I believe that real headz know the deal.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I've noticed one thing... even people with no clout here, if they talk about a record it pops up online quick-fast. I've seen certain records that I would have been searching for (in the street and online) for a minute and I would have liked the jawn to stay quiet to cop a copy and bam!!!... someone mentions it here and all these copies surface. And of course they go for way more than I'd be willing to pay at any given time.

finally........someone agrees

Also, it should be noted that I do not know the person who bought this record from me. To my knowledge they are not a poster here.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    In a way, I want to say it fucks up the game, but then again... I've learned a lot around these parts. I can't hate. So I have to wait 6 months for the buying fervor of a record to die down... that's fine.

I wish I was as heavy as cats here, I could benefit on the selling tip. I just don't have multiple copies of crazy records at my disposal. Props to y'all.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    The Poptart Factor

When are we gonna discuss that sh!t?

The Poptart Factor

When are we gonna discuss that sh!t?

ready, set...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Don't hate on the poptarts, there deep pockets and short tastes have funded many a "tearing up the mall" session.

Don't hate on the poptarts, their mothers'[/b] deep pockets and short tastes have funded many a "tearing up the mall" session.

Oh, no doubt...

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    OUCH

What about toaster strudel???

Please be serious.

Please be serious.

the soulstrut factor is very serious! How you say.... it will work you, son!

How is my urban lingo sounding? hip? Young?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I don't think this proves anything.

• I dont follow the soulstrut hype as much as some I suppose..but what are some examples of records getting hyped up here, just to be sold a week later on Ebay for noticeably more than usual? I know ive seen some cases of this..which I cant really think of right now..but I am curious to what some of the more obvious ones are/were.

As a seller on eBay I get lots of return customers who I notice bid on a lot of other soulstrut posters' auctions. there are surely people who come around here to read about records & check the sales forum withot posting. I suppose this would be the very definition of "taste making", no?

• yeah I have definately noticed the lurkers doing their thing on ebay. I was just curious of certain records or whatever that was drastically impacted by the Soulstrut Brigade.

yeah I have definately noticed the lurkers doing their thing on ebay. I was just curious of certain records or whatever that was drastically impacted by the Soulstrut Brigade.

I'm not as convinced that specific records have been drasticly affected in price so much as opinions on soulstrut are being noticed in general. I believe that hanging out here & plugging my auctions I'm able to get better prices for the stuff I have that really isn't all that "hot"...

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Well, SoulStrut comes up quite frequently in Google searches for basic record info. I'm sure that in some cases, novice diggers look up, perhaps, a record sample on Google and find their way here.

On another note: I'm not sure why anyone would be a lurker here, other than for sheer laziness (or laughs, for Bigger Dudes).

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I believe that hanging out here & plugging my auctions I'm able to get better prices for the stuff I have that really isn't all that "hot"...

so by hanging out here 24/7 you've been able to boost the price of 'people... hold on' 10 bucks or so?

sweet dude.

actually I think the soulstrut popularity of certain titles is mostly a reflection of digger trends at large, there are so many record fiends out there who are just unaware of this site totally( or find it incomprehensible...).

---

cunt!

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    cunt!

it's not nice to talk about yo mama like that - she does put a roof over your head after all...

is this an example of the 'soulstrut factor tm' at work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4719359069&rd=1

---

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    LP: Michael Franks "The Art of Tea". Promotional Copy. Reprise/Warner Brothers Label 2230. 1975. The cover is VG. The vinyl is VG+. Check my other auctions for more Country/Bluegrass LPs.[/b]

wow! the fact that someone would pay shipping for one boggles the mind!

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    I didn't start coming on to the message board till about two months ago since I had no knowledge of what actually happened on message boards. Needless to say I am a solid middle-weight contender with my collection. Yet I would notice every couple of months new bizzare trends that seemed to appear almost instantaneously in different places -- the first I noticed was the library records. About a year or two ago, I was noticing that i couldn't find any polish jazz anywhere. And when i did find it, $45. Basically, as a total oblivious outsider, there is an influence. At least I can only assume it was you crazy mothers that made those records I found in Tijuana worth something. Thank you.

• I've noticed one thing... even people with no clout here, if they talk about a record it pops up online quick-fast. I've seen certain records that I would have been searching for (in the street and online) for a minute and I would have liked the jawn to stay quiet to cop a copy and bam!!!... someone mentions it here and all these copies surface. And of course they go for way more than I'd be willing to pay at any given time.

Agreed. That's why it's smart to not mention certain pieces on here until you've tracked down your own stash. Even then, there are certain records that I will not discuss here just to limit their awareness to those in the know. Not out of any type of elitism or anything. When the record game reaches saturation levels, with everybody trynna track down the few known copies of (insert raer title here), it's a good idea to have that next level agenda. Gotta stay one step ahead of the game...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    What record has ever been mentioned here that was not immediatly called crap by a dozen posters?

And why can't I sell any Sayer? Even serious producers and beatheads wont buy his best and rarest records from me.

Dan

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Even serious producers and beatheads wont buy his best and rarest records from me.

Dan
    Oxymoron?