That Real Shit??

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Ghostface interview In XXL???s article about the making of Only Built For Cuban Linx??? you said, ???This was ???95, when hip-hop was still hip-hop.??? What did you mean by that?[/b]That???s when it was just real. It was fresh. It???s all dogged out now, hip-hop is like a bitch that???s been fucked. It???s been stomped out, you know what I mean? Right now the game needs to get itself cleaned up. When we did it back then, it was just fresh. You had us. You had Mobb Deep. You had Nas. It was a feeling in hip-hop. Now it???s too stale for me. It???s like a nigga talking to a girl and the girl is saying, ???All these niggas is all the same, with the same shit.??? Ain???t nothing refreshing coming at her. And that???s what it is right now. Ain???t nothing really hitting me. And it???s not just me, other people say it. That???s why niggas listen to old shit, classic shit. Ain???t no classic shit coming out right now. You can???t call niggas??? shits classics.

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Ghostface = Old head.

Reppin that real shit to be sure. But did you expect him to say anything else? Ghost has also been on this tip since about 1995.