P-Funk Documentary

funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone catch the P-Funk documentary on PBS the other night (on Independent Focus)?? Lots of great performance footage of Funkadelic and P-Funk, cool interviews etc.

Comments

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Anyone catch the P-Funk documentary on PBS the other night (on Independent Focus)?? Lots of great performance footage of Funkadelic and P-Funk, cool interviews etc.

yeah, i did! it was a great surprise. it was on at 11 out here the other night. i usually watch the daily show, but it was a rerun, and then i found this. it was pretty damn sweet. shock g was feeling that shit. the next morning all i listened to was p-funk related jams. hadn't broken out the bootsy in some time.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I missed it. Damn Damn Damn. I was checkin' my cable guide, but couldn't find the listings. It'll probably be replayed.

Did they discuss the "Mutiny"? The fall?

• I missed it.Damn Damn Damn. I checkin' my cable guide, but couldn't find the listings. It'll probably be replayed.

I didn't watch the seond half yet, so I dunno. MY heads still spinning from the live version of 'Friday August the 14th', and George Clinton's Zippy The Pinhead fade....

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    me wants to see

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    I missed it. Damn Damn Damn. I was checkin' my cable guide, but couldn't find the listings. It'll probably be replayed.

If you go to the PBS website it will tell you when it's being replayed on your local affiliate. It appears to be mostly late at night.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

they kinda brushed over it. they did talk about the screw up with labels when george clinton was about to have his own label, and all the majors then backed off. they didn't go into too much detail on the tensions and divisions in the group though. i guess they were avoiding too much bad vibe in the program. it was pretty fucking sweet though. excellent early footage.

• pknypkny 549 Posts

If you go to the PBS website it will tell you when it's being replayed on your local affiliate. It appears to be mostly late at night.

According to a search on the PBS website, they'll be replaying at 2:30 AM this Friday.

• kemskems 120 Posts
    The documentary was really fresh, the Eddie Griffin cartoon transitions were a bit annoying, but as everyone else said the footage they had was real dope.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I caught it and I was going to call Drew to tell him to tune in but I think it was a little late... anyway, I was amazed when they broke down all the affiliated groups that p-funk spawned... it was very interesting... my wife and I watched.