Female Soul 45 Blend For Download

holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Alright, I threw this together last night. Some 45s I've been feeling lately, performed by the ladies. Enjoy. Female Soul 45 Mix The Mirettes - In The Midnight Hour (Revue)Staple Singers - Love Is Plentiful (Stax)Merry Clayton - Suspicious Minds (A&M)Lily Fields - I'll Get Along Somehow (Spectrum)Lyn Barnett - Please Mr Postman (Viking) - Local NZ track, trying to Motown it up, but not quite getting there....Jacqui James - Don't Touch Me (Pye) - Another NZ cut from the late 60s, apparently she has another 45 & a LP too, but the 45 I have is the only one I have seen in real life, I have absolutely no info on her either. Probably the best local female soul I've heard though.The Supremes - Bill, When Are You Coming Home (Tamla Motown) - Later post-Diana SupremesLulu - Sweep Around Your Own Back Door (Atlantic) - Lulu at Muscle Shoals, kinda sounds like this Laura Lee 45 I have.The Exciters - Hard Way To Go (UA) - The flip to Tell Him, real nice ballad.Thelma Houston - Jumpin' Jack Flash (Stateside)Mary Ann Fisher - What Kind Of Man Are You (Atlantic) - A Ray Charles B-Side.Dinah Lee - Kansas City (Viking) - Local NZ, mid 60s R&B cut, backed by one of the "hottest" local bands of the era, the Meteors (not the UK Rockabilly band), I think Dinah later moved to Australia & was a successful female body builder??Barbara Acklin - Just Ain't No Love (Coral)Lea Roberts - All Right Now (UA) - I don't know anything about this, except that I like it. I took a chance listen at the store based on the song & had to have it, unfortunately it's a promo with the same song each side, so I don't know if any of her other stuff is as good.

Comments