NFL WEEK 5 (Phil where you at!?)

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
someone's gotta do it, I'm hung over.GREEN BAY over New Orleanssuddenly I got faith in old ass Brett Favre again. if he can run over Carolina when it's do or die, he can make quick work of the inferior Saints.DETROIT over Baltimorebecause the Ravens are pathetic.CHICAGO over Clevelandin a battle of Good D/No O v. No D/No O, I'll take the former. I like the idea of the Trent Dilfer resurgance and it warms my heart to see him not embarass himself, but not enough to think he can engineer more than 10 points against the Bears.MIAMI over BuffaloBuffalo joins the old quarterback takeover (will Tom Brady get hurt next and let Doug Flutie see some time?), and maybe a little experience will kick start what should be a killer offense. Or maybe not. NEW ENGLAND over Atlantaon the real, any team that can pass right now will give the Pats a serious scare. they're less weak upfront though, and I think they can hold the Falcons well enough to eke out a win. game of the week though.ST. LOUIS over SeattleI feel like St. Louis always loses these games in the 4th quarter, (remember when Shawn Alexander's wife gave birth, and he drove straight to the stadium from mthe hospital and put up 14 points?) but with Mike Martz on the sideline, the team should be less disaster prone.TAMBA BAY over Jetsyour style is incomplete like Vinnie Testeverde. straight Cadillac-less pimpin. TENNESSE over Houstonwho cares? I like Steve McNair, but does anyone care about either of these teams? if Tennessee goes on a tear, it'll make me feel better about the Steelers' legitimacy. I'm still bitter at Houston for making me think drafting Andre Johnson was a good idea.INDY over SFAlex Smith meet Dwight Freeney. Eli's shine should get Peyton back to old form.WASHINGTON over DenverThe Redskins are better than everyone thinks. I don't trust Denver. Old QB still at the helm.PHILADELPHIA over Dallaswho's fuckin with the sports herniated right now?CAROLINA over Arizonawho's not fuckin with Arizona right now?JACKSONVILLE over Cincythe Jags have something to prove and beating the bandwagon team of the moment is a good way to prove something. Cincy hasn't played a real team yet (I'm stil predicted a 12-win season and a first-round playoff loss), but if they can't hold it together (like they didn't last week), Jacksonville's tough D could easily hold down the "high-powered" Bengal attack. especially with Rudi hurt. SAN DIEGO over Pittsburghand it pains me to type that. we have the line to hold LT, but we don't have the secondary to hold Brees, Gates et al if they're playing up to par. after our game v. the Pats, I got second thoughts about this year's Steelers (even while they stay in the top 5 of all the power rankings, for some reason). the Chargers have been erratic this year, but kicking the champ in the teeth while he's down is a great morale booster.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    someone's gotta do it, I'm hung over.

You must be

NFL WEEK 5

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Well, at least you agree with all of picks, noixe... except that Skins over Broncs pick. The Redskins are a sham, plaese believe me. A little hair off that dog that bit ya and you'll be a-ight.