NFL WEEK 5

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
This will be my last week making picks on Soulstrut, so take notes and get your bets in quickly if it's not already too late. Please keep in mind that I am only picking winners, I'm not dealing with point spreads. If I do well again this week I am going to start charging a fee for this mighty healthy pigskin prognostication. (5-2 last week... that Chargers over Pats pick was impressive, ya gotta admit) EAGLES OVER COWBOYS-[/b] As long as McAbb stays upright, the Pokes are no match for Philly. Look for serious domination by the Birds in the 2nd half of this game. Bledsoe will be unda FIYAH like a mug... he does not play well when he's unda fiyah.RAMS OVER SEAHAWKS-[/b] And I don't like the Rams even a little bit. Seahawks really should win this game. But they won't. For some reason, they never do. Sorry, Wizzle.COLTS OVER 49ERS-[/b] Picking this game is like cheating. If this game was in the dome in Indy it would be a blow out of historical preportions. Since it's in SF I'll give the Niners a chance to actually keep it kinda close (in this match up a 31-14 loss would be keeping it close). But the outcome really should never be in doubt.JAGUARS OVER BENGALS-[/b] This game will give us a better idea just how good the Bengals really are. Nationally televised Sunday night game in Jacksonville against a tough Jaguars team, a perfect spot for their first loss. I think they will lose, but if they win this game it's gonna be time for the whole league to take these Cats very seriously. BRONCOS OVER REDSKINS-[/b] I think Denver is one of the biggest frauds of this season so far. But I think the Redskins are the BIGGEST fraud. 3-0? It means nothing. They are the weakest team in the their own division, let alone the rest of the league. Washington will not even finish the season with a winning record.PATRIOTS OVER FALCONS-[/b] After getting humiliated by San Diego last week, it looks like a lot of people out there are ready to write the epitaph for the Patriots. Not so fast. This is still the world champs and even though they're missing a lot of key components, they're not dead yet. If Vick isn't 100% (and I think he's fine, Mora's just playing games trying to make his injury sound worse than it is) then the Falcs are gonna have BIG problems winning this game.CHARGERS OVER STEELERS-[/b] This should be a GREAT game on Monday night, I can't wait. San Diego will be in their old school powder blues, too... gonna be hard to beat. I'm giving the Bolts this game, but this is still the early part of a ridiculously rough (and really unfair) schedule that they're gonna have to deal with this season. Next week they will have to go to Oakland, who will be well rested after a bye, on a short week. Then they will have to go out east to play Philly, who will ALSO be well rested after a bye. This is a legitimately good team, though... after seeing how they dismantled NE last week it's impossible for me to write them off no matter what the circumstances. A-ight, that's it, batches... no more free info for y'all folls!

Comments

• Options
    You forgot Jets over Bucs.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

No, I didn't... I was trying to be merciful, Sween.

• Options
    No, I didn't... I was trying to be merciful, Sween.

I still can't believe the Bucs are only favored by 3.5.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

they never make it easy on us

Exciting game to watch, lots of big plays. Props to Atlanta for putting on a tough game with backup QB and under much pressure. Outstanding game from Patrick Pass, and that Brady to Bethel Johnson bomb was ba-nan-as.

• EAGLES OVER COWBOYS-[/b] As long as McAbb stays upright, the Pokes are no match for Philly. Look for serious domination by the Birds in the 2nd half of this game. Bledsoe will be unda FIYAH like a mug... he does not play well when he's unda fiyah.

do you even know anything about football ? not with picks like that

EAGLES OVER COWBOYS-[/b] As long as McAbb stays upright, the Pokes are no match for Philly. Look for serious domination by the Birds in the 2nd half of this game. Bledsoe will be unda FIYAH like a mug... he does not play well when he's unda fiyah.

Yeah... I dunno what the HELL happened with that one.

• Yeah... I dunno what the HELL happened with that one.

I do......The Eagles ran into a team that has been underachieving the past 3 games...technically the Eagles are still the best team in the NFC but it sure felt good watching them Cowboys win.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

EAGLES OVER COWBOYS-[/b] As long as McAbb stays upright, the Pokes are no match for Philly. Look for serious domination by the Birds in the 2nd half of this game. Bledsoe will be unda FIYAH like a mug... he does not play well when he's unda fiyah.

Yo Phill,

What, you thought those pigeons could f**k with the "Star"? Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! I had to call and clown you on that one. How about dem Cowboys!!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• EAGLES OVER COWBOYS-[/b] As long as McAbb stays upright, the Pokes are no match for Philly. Look for serious domination by the Birds in the 2nd half of this game. Bledsoe will be unda FIYAH like a mug... he does not play well when he's unda fiyah.

to be fair i think those dudes on espn picked the eagles too. hank something and that other muscle head.

i can't believe the eagles have a winning record it seems like they haven't played good this whole season. i guess that is a good sign.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

My friend was down from philly for the weekend and we had to go to the sports bar which was full of Redskin and Dallas fans. I had to get really drunk to sit through that game.

My friend was down from philly for the weekend and we had to go to the sports bar which was full of Redskin and Dallas fans.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    for the record, my Buffalo Bills beat the defensive Miami Dolphins...

Kelly Holcomb is the future, Eric Moulds is back on track and Willis McGahee is running.

Playoff bound baby!

Kelly Holcomb is the future, Eric Moulds is back on track and Willis McGahee is running.

Playoff bound baby!
    They won on the strength of Miami's fuck-ups (Penalties and 4th quarter turnover).

• LuminLumin 807 Posts

BRONCOS OVER REDSKINS-[/b] I think Denver is one of the biggest frauds of this season so far. But I think the Redskins are the BIGGEST fraud. 3-0? It means nothing. They are the weakest team in the their own division, let alone the rest of the league. Washington will not even finish the season with a winning record.

man please
    you sound like all those other hating analysts
    yeah we lost... biggest fraud? you must be out your mind

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    the Eagles aren't that good hommies...i thought ya'll knew

not too happy with myself yesterday vs the spread 5 and 5

leveland -3 Chicago ....won[/b]
    Tampa Bay -3 At NY Jets ...lost[/b]
    St. Louis -3 Seattle ...lost[/b]
    Buffalo -3 Miami ....lost[/b]
    Detroit -1 Baltimore ....lost..because i listened to someone else[/b]
    Houston -3 Tennessee ...won[/b]
    Indianapolis -14 At San Francisco ...won[/b]
    Philadelphia -6 At Dallas ...won[/b]
    Denver -7 Washington ....won[/b]
    Arizona +3 at Carolina lost[/b]

We'll see in February

BRONCOS OVER REDSKINS-[/b] I think Denver is one of the biggest frauds of this season so far. But I think the Redskins are the BIGGEST fraud. 3-0? It means nothing. They are the weakest team in the their own division, let alone the rest of the league. Washington will not even finish the season with a winning record.

man please
    you sound like all those other hating analysts
    yeah we lost... biggest fraud? you must be out your mind

Hahahahaha... you mad doggie? Yeah, those stinkin' Deadskins did surprise me with their showing against the Broncos yesterday, so I'll give them a little credit. A LITTLE credit. But don't forget, I said that Denver are frauds, too. So was the Skins' effort really all that impressive after all? I don't think so. Time will tell, though.

I'll say one thing, though- judging from what I'm seeing so far this season, the balance of power in the NFC, the NFC East in particular, is shifting. Philly better get their act together for the rest of the year (learn how to RUN the ball sometimes plaese?) and get that Super Bowl ring now, because all the sand in their hourglass is getting very close to running out. Dallas and Washington are definitely better, and it's gonna be Eli Manning's world very soon- wouldn't be shocked to see him playing against his big brother in the Super Bowl within the next few years.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

RAMS OVER SEAHAWKS-[/b] And I don't like the Rams even a little bit. Seahawks really should win this game. But they won't. For some reason, they never do. Sorry, Wizzle.

Yo Phill, I should have bet you a raer on this game!

Playoff bound baby!

dude....you are 2 and 3...you damn near and should have lost yesterday and the only other team you beat(houston) hasn't won a game yet and isn't winning one anytime soon based on their schedule...and you play in the toughest division in football....playoffs my ass

Yeah, all the hatters come out now that they stink up the joint in Big D. Have you followed this team for the past few years? They ALWAYS have a bad stretch during every season, and throw up at least one egg (last year it was the Pittsbugh game). They will be revitalized after the bye and will be right back spanking teams like they always do. I'd advise you to get off the Eagles and just worry about if those Dolphins are really the real deal or not, EdPowers.

I'd advise you to get off the Eagles and just worry about if those Dolphins are really the real deal or not, EdPowers.

honestly...based on our remaining schedule we'll be ok
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Dolphins schedule[/b]

@ Tampa Bay...WIN

KANSAS CITY...LOSS

@ New Orleans ...WIN

ATLANTA....WIN

NEW ENGLAND.....WIN

@ Cleveland....WIN

@ Oakland....WIN

BUFFALO.....WIN

@ San Diego....LOSS

NY JETS....WIN

TENNESSEE ....WIN

@ New England....LOSS

_________________________________________________________________________________

Eagles schedule[/b]

Chargers ...LOSS

@Broncos ...LOSS

@Redskins ....LOSS

Cowboys.....WIN

@Giants ....LOSS

Packers ....WIN

Seahawks...LOSS

Giants.....WIN

@Rams ....WIN

@Cardinals ...WIN

Redskins ...WIN

YOU GUYS SHOULD BREAK ABOUT EVEN THE REST OF THE SEASON

• I'd advise you to get off the Eagles and just worry about if those Dolphins are really the real deal or not, EdPowers.

________________________________________________________________________________
    Dolphins schedule[/b]

@ Tampa Bay...WIN

KANSAS CITY...LOSS

@ New Orleans ...WIN

ATLANTA....WIN

NEW ENGLAND.....WIN

@ Cleveland....WIN

@ Oakland....WIN

BUFFALO.....WIN

@ San Diego....LOSS

NY JETS....WIN

TENNESSEE ....WIN

@ New England....LOSS

i'm just curious why the dolphins have such a tough schedule. don't they base the years schedule on the previous years record ? the dolphins had like the second worst record in the league last year. now they have the toughest schedule ?!

• LuminLumin 807 Posts

Yeah, all the hatters come out now that they stink up the joint in Big D. Have you followed this team for the past few years? They ALWAYS have a bad stretch during every season, and throw up at least one egg (last year it was the Pittsbugh game). They will be revitalized after the bye and will be right back spanking teams like they always do. I'd advise you to get off the Eagles and just worry about if those Dolphins are really the real deal or not, EdPowers.

let me guess
    you like the eagles... are you seriously considering them to be a force this season? mcnabb has a hernia. he will not be 100% for the rest of the season and i hope you dont think detmer is going to be able to come in and run things like mcnabb. that is if you are an eagles fan
    dolphins are very undisciplined. penalties penalties penalties. ricky will come in a do some things though. defense needs to tighten up if they expect to make the playoffs.

dont even start on the skins. i can see if you were a philly fan though. we are mortal enemies haha

easy

I'd advise you to get off the Eagles and just worry about if those Dolphins are really the real deal or not, EdPowers.

Dolphins schedule[/b]

@ Tampa Bay...WIN

KANSAS CITY...LOSS

@ New Orleans ...WIN

ATLANTA....WIN

NEW ENGLAND.....WIN

@ Cleveland....WIN

@ Oakland....WIN

BUFFALO.....WIN

@ San Diego....LOSS

NY JETS....WIN

TENNESSEE ....WIN

@ New England....LOSS

_________________________________________________________________________________

Eagles schedule[/b]

Chargers ...LOSS

@Broncos ...LOSS

@Redskins ....LOSS

Cowboys.....WIN

@Giants ....LOSS

Packers ....WIN

Seahawks...LOSS

Giants.....WIN

@Rams ....WIN

@Cardinals ...WIN

Redskins ...WIN

YOU GUYS SHOULD BREAK ABOUT EVEN THE REST OF THE SEASON

Have you ever thought about a career as a comedy writer, edpowers? You have talent.

let me guess
    you like the eagles... are you seriously considering them to be a force this season? mcnabb has a hernia. he will not be 100% for the rest of the season and i hope you dont think detmer is going to be able to come in and run things like mcnabb. that is if you are an eagles fan
    dolphins are very undisciplined. penalties penalties penalties. ricky will come in a do some things though. defense needs to tighten up if they expect to make the playoffs.

dont even start on the skins. i can see if you were a philly fan though. we are mortal enemies haha

easy

It does not matter if I am an eagles fan or not. I have eyes and I know football, hommie. McNabb's hernia did not stop him in the 2nd half against Kansas City, did it? McNabb was not the reason why the Eagles lost to Dallas yesterday, the whole team stunk up the joint. This happens, no need to start jumping off of bridges. I do have problems with them not running the ball, but they've always been a pass-first team and have proven that they can win with that gameplan, whether I agree with it or not. The main thing is that when they are on top of their game, their offense is almost impossible to stop. And their D is one of the best in football... I have no idea what's going on with them right now, but they have too much talent not to get whatever's wrong corrected. The real Eagles will be back dominating the NFC before long, no question.

Now, the Redskins? Come on, dog. Their 3 wins are by a total of 6 points. I do think they're getting better, but they've got to do a lot more before I see them as being a playoff caliber team. They still gotta play us and the Giants twice, plus the rematch against the Cowboys, not to mention whoever else that might be on their schedule. If they even go 8-8 I'd be surprised.

Attention Eagle fans[/b]

the Miami Dolphins will finish the year with a better record than the Philadelphia Eagles...both teams are 3-2 and the Eagles seem to have an easier schedule the rest of the season...

i got a Benji on it with the first to step up

Attention Eagle fans[/b]

the Miami Dolphins will finish the year with a better record than the Philadelphia Eagles...both teams are 3-2 and the Eagles seem to have an easier schedule the rest of the season...

i got a Benji on it with the first to step up

That's a bet. You might as well paypal me that $100 right now, doggie. BAD mistake to judge the Eagles on that pisspoor game they played yesterday.

Attention Eagle fans[/b]

the Miami Dolphins will finish the year with a better record than the Philadelphia Eagles...
    Uh uh, nope...that shit ain't happening this season.

That's a bet.

i've watched the Eagles play every week and the ONLY week they looked good was vs THE 49ERS.....AND THE 49ERS ARE THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE

thanks for $100 Phil