What's up in NYC this W/E

BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
edited April 2005 in Announcements
Friday Night 4/22, Grubb Rockwell and Sport Casual will be spinning fantastic records @ The Lucky Cat, 245 Grand Street, Wburg. www.futurefunk.net The drinks are pretty effing decent as well.Saturday Night 4/23, Sport Casual spins at the freakydeaky Rubulad Loft Party. It's $10 in, BYOBooze and there's 4 room of DJs, including: Me, Scratch Famous, Small Change, Ursula1000, Nydia D, Inbetween, Swingsett, Scott Mao, Peter Gunn. Snaking thru everywhere at some point: phil ballman's (antibalas) batucada ensemble. I'm on from about 2-3:30 and the party goes to Tuesday or something. PM me for location/directions.Sunday 4/24, Dub Trio opens for the Sun Ra Arkestra, sort of.This not to be missed special film program consists of experimental shorts by Harrar and classic films featuring Sun Ra and His Arkestra from the late 60's and early 70's, rarely seen publicly, restored and preserved by Harrar, 8pm, followed by the lads with more bass than a Bushwick crackhouse: Dub Trio @ 9pm sharpKnitting Factory (main space) - 74 Leonard St.