Hal-Man Half-Woman In A Cadillac (RichardHellRel)

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
No, this isn't a missed connection ad on LA Craigslist from APearson... and no, it's not a question about Dipset's Hell Rell...

In a copy of "Blank Generation" I recently grabbed there was a clip from The East Village Eye, circa 1982, called "Half-Man Half-Woman In A Cadillac" by Richard Hell himself... prefaced with the following:

"This chapter pretty well explains the story behind the book it was meant to begin. It's basically true, though naturally there's a lot left out and some of the names have been changed. All I have to add is that the Cadillac stopped working about halfway across the country, in MIssouri, and the book is unfinished."

Haven't read the entire thing yet, but it's interesting fiction to say the least. Did Hell ever publish anything (else)?

Anyone know anything about this? Accompanies a feature piece on Hell (but not written by him). Any of the older punk heads aware of the East Village Eye itself?

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I know of a couple of poetry/essay/drawings books - Hot and Cold is one of the titles and a novel called Go Now or Now Go. I'm sure his writing has appeared in a couple of anthologies; I want to say something by Semiotexte, but that could just be power of suggestion.

• There was a piece in Wire on him that covered his writing. If you can't find it online, I probably still have the issue somewhere.