does anybody have an ebay store?

noznoz 3,625 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
is it effective? would you recommend it? do people even look at them? i know i don't really pay attention to anything but the auction list but maybe that's just my own ignorance.i was thinking about posting a bunch of $10-20 range items (not all records, some tapes and cds) up there and just letting em marinate, but i don't know if i should just auction them. i guess the pros of an auction would be that i'd get money quick and i might could catch some marcofunk type madness but the negative would be that a lot of stuff probably wouldn't sell and i might have to eat the costs.and before anybody says "little dood just trade em in, don't walk to the mailbox for less than $40", bear in mind that i've been jobless for a minute and store credit or 1/3 value isn't gonna do me much good at this point in my life.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I've often wondered about their benefits as well.

I've bought a few underpriced things from them, but usually it's some dude who is content to let his copy of James Brown's "Hell" sit for $175.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I've bought from Thes' ebay store. I've wondered the same thing as far as the benefits.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    and before anybody says "little dood just trade em in, don't walk to the mailbox for less than $40", bear in mind that i've been jobless for a minute and store credit or 1/3 value isn't gonna do me much good at this point in my life.

Don't feel bad, you're not the only one. At least you don't have kids.

Beyond that, I cosign with crink's statement.

• I've never used Ebay store but have sold on Gemm. It's pretty easy to list and you can set it up where all fees are paid by the customer (can be nice if every dollar counts).

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I've never used Ebay store but have sold on Gemm. It's pretty easy to list and you can set it up where all fees are paid by the customer (can be nice if every dollar counts).

is the turnaround snailish though?

• I've never used Ebay store but have sold on Gemm. It's pretty easy to list and you can set it up where all fees are paid by the customer (can be nice if every dollar counts).

is the turnaround snailish though?

Depends on how you set it up. I had mine set up to pay at the end of the month. You can also set it up to pay once a week (I think). The actual transaction happens as soon as the order is confirmed by you and the credit card payment clears. You can also set if up where you accept money orders/cash direct from the customer...this would be the only part that could get snailish (i'd recommend NOT to do this as no one ever actually sent me a money order for the items they put on hold).

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    thanks, but what i meant was did it take a long time for people to actually buy what you listed at a relatively fast pace (i realize that quality and cost come into play here and i'm overgeneralizing). i've got a bunch of cds and stuff on half.com and i get a sale maybe every six months. and usually by the time someone actually buys it i've lost the item or sold it on ebay.

• thanks, but what i meant was did it take a long time for people to actually buy what you listed at a relatively fast pace (i realize that quality and cost come into play here and i'm overgeneralizing). i've got a bunch of cds and stuff on half.com and i get a sale maybe every six months. and usually by the time someone actually buys it i've lost the item or sold it on ebay.

oh, i would assume the turn around would be similar to Ebay stores. But yeah, some things will sit priced real fair. Then you go sell 'em on Ebay and they get more. Set sale does not creat a fevor like auctions can and people may sleep on things that aren't a steal.