FORTHCOMING SOUL STRUT 12" EP - SUPPORT NEEDED!

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
[color:#050283]Release Date: 14 October 2005[/b]

Peace to all Soul Strutters over the years! SOUL STRUT and MPM Music are proud to announce the long-awaited release of the forthcoming 4 Song EP:
BREAKBEATRAER - 4 SONGS FROM SOULSTRUT.COM[/b]

[color:#050283]
BLAZING UPTEMPO INSTRU"MENTAL" HIP HOP BEATZ (RAER SAMPLES) by native Soul Strutters themselves[/b]

Side A
1. Hawkeye ??? Still Jivin' "REAL" Audio clip
2. Dizzy Bull ??? Soul Connection (Bonus track) "REAL" Audio clip

Side B
1. A-ko ??? Chessha23 "REAL" Audio clip
2. Hawkeye ??? Kicked In The Nuts (Bonus track)

The vinyl product will be available at turntablelab.com (NYC and the World Wide Web), Boombox (London) , Soultrade (Berlin), Groove Attack store (Cologne, Germany), Fat City (Manchester,UK)... and more to come.

[color:#050283] WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT[/b]:

The more support we get from Soul Strutters, the better the record will do. And the better the record does, the better the chance is Dizzy Bull can wear that robe he loves so much all day long while sipping Mai Tais infront of his MPC. So please don't be shy about getting some street team word of mouth buzz out about this exciting release.

If you any of you have interest or have leads in carrying this record, Either PM Olski or RAJ or get at us via www.olski.net | or the soul strut contact form

Journalists, bloggers, record reviewers stand up as well.

"SOUL STRUT UNITY"[/b]

[color:#050283]FULL LENGTH COMPILATION DUE IN 2006 STARRING:[/b] A-Ko, DCastillo, DAY, Delay, Dizzy Bull, Hawkeye, Meaty Ogre, and many more.

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    AWESOME!

raj. tell me what you need me to do. i can prolly get some in academy, tsl, and so forth. olski, if you get me some when i'm out there, i can try to sell them on the road.

I'll send your press release around.

• holler at the kajmere dudes.
    vinylexchange
    the many writer and blog dogs on this site
    groves distro

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I'll take 3

• who's hawkeye?

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    is that the frigo scorpio or the original? i get confused. Nice work ya'll!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    who's hawkeye?

A Very talented German cat who has 60 or so posts under his belt...

HAWKEYE

• who's hawkeye?

HAWKEYE

Any Cali love from vendors?

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

'sweeeet'

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Australia's Best and ONLY Distributor of dope shit...

http://www.shogundist.com

peace.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Get that ish on quality freeform radio, WFMU, KALX, KDVS, KZSU etc. I got your hookup for getting it added at KZSU, and there's got to be cats from those other stations on here.

• who's hawkeye?

HAWKEYE

Dood, loving that new avatar

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Kinda nice. Why didn't I get to be the a-side of that single? I'm German too... Ako and Dizzy outshine. Well done.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    Shop Strutters like Baghat, 33rd.com, Good, Groove Merchant etc: we want you to stock the record first and we offer special prices.

We only ship to shops like yours and TTL, Groove Attack, Soultrade before the record is officially released. Shops that want to order through a US distributor should contact Groove and Traffic.

Shops that are interested in buying directly please mail [email]olski@olski.net.[/email] (I'm out oft the office from Sat-Mon).

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Some copies at JP's shop would be cool - doing mail order via his store is less complicated for international buyers, such as myself, than dealing with Turntablelab. For shipping to Canada, there are some heavy surcharges w/ TTLab. Maybe lace Danno with some copies & he could help move 'em to us crazy Canucks on his waxing deep page, if he's cool with that.

Peace

h

• I can do an interview with you, Raj, if you're interested, and I'm also able to review it on the sites I write for (Okayplayer and RapReviews.com). Latest edition of my column is here, in case anyone would like to read it:
    http://www.musicforamerica.org/node/92583

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    brerk bert rrer! will support this as hard as i can. the hawkeye and dizzy tracks were dope! first time i heard em. akos contribution is great aswell! that goes without saying. [color:white] .... great even tho the shakers hella offbeat.

this also reminded me that i gotta finish my dizzy bull tribute track! [/color]

• bropsbrops 182 Posts

I guess I can fall into this category if you wanna get into the scandinavian market. I'm running !HISSIG, as has fast becommed one of the largest Norwegian indie sites.

I'm also writing for a newspaper in my hometown Bergen, as goes out to 150.000 people.

When will it be available at turntablelab? I'm thinking about trowing in an order there soon.

• Consider it as one of the feature records in our next Dec issue.
    I'll do Soulstrut article when the album drops.

Our current issue.

http://www.stealthdigital.com

• YEAH! My first time hearing these tracks and they're all simply slamming.
    It's been an honor and pleasure to work on the art for you guys. Can't wait to see the finished product and play the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug outta this up inna di clubs.

I'll hollar at the local shop here to make sure they hop on this one.
    M

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    weerd. i just emailed olski about getting this in stock as soon as possible. Please feel free to PM me directly anyone that has product and wants it on 33third.com... I can be slow to respond/act, only because we are still small, meaning I get to cover any number of positions...

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I'll cop it and slang it...the kids get to listen to free, but must buy once they're fiending for some Soulstrut!

• spcspc 534 Posts
    nice tracks, first time I hear that udo j??rgens joint being used.

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    Shop Strutters like Baghat, 33rd.com, Good, Groove Merchant etc: we want you to stock the record first and we offer special prices.

We only ship to shops like yours and TTL, Groove Attack, Soultrade before the record is officially released. Shops that want to order through a US distributor should contact Groove and Traffic.

Shops that are interested in buying directly please mail [email]olski@olski.net.[/email] (I'm out oft the office from Sat-Mon).

i've emailed you and raj. and if anyone else has product or wants an interview.....pm me

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    A-ko ??? Chessha23

• Options
    I'll take 3

2. Hawkeye ??? Kicked In The Nuts

Haha, there used to be a hardcore band on Long Island called Kicked In The Balls!

• This is definitely the sauce right here.

Props y'alls.

I'm sure DC shops would be down to carry this. Be sure to give Crooked Beat Neil a hollur too.

peas.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

The more support we get from Soul Strutters, the better the record will do. And the better the record does, the better the chance is Dizzy Bull can wear that robe he loves so much all day long while sipping Mai Tais infront of his MPC. So please don't be shy about getting some street team word of mouth buzz out about this exciting release.

if im not totally hammered tomorrow morning (we have a holiday tomorrow in germany, so theres two parties to spin 2nite) , i will write a feature about mpm for juice, the biggest hiphopmagazine in europe. goes without saying that i love all the tracks, best music, dope people. Thanx Raj & Olski!!!!! will also spread the word everywhere and stock this in our recordstore in maastricht, nl!!!! can't wait to hear the full release!!!!

• is that the frigo scorpio or the original? i get confused. Nice work ya'll!

This is directed at me, right? I used some cheap knock-off cover version of scorpio. I can't remember who did it... all I remember is that the cover of the album is orange and that I got it for a dollar and that its bangin.

P.S.

Yes, dizzy bull still lounges in the robe, but he sips seagrams 7, not mai-tais, and uses acid, not an MPC. Salary Diz on the other hand, drinks coffee while testing software and opening NSFW threads at work.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Yes, dizzy bull still uses acid
    Drugs are bad. Get help.

• Yes, dizzy bull still uses acid
    Drugs are bad. Get help.

You're harshing my glowstick!