Botswana wild n' crazy

asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
http://205.188.130.53/ngm/wildcamafrica/wildcam.html?fs=www3.nationalgeographic.comJust saw some Gazelle's earlier and a couple of heyena's rolled through a few minutes ago. What's really?!

Comments

• Oh this is live...
    I was expecting something to suddenly pop out...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    wow a live africa webcam?

thats tight!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    http://205.188.130.53/ngm/wildcamafrica/wildcam.html?fs=www3.nationalgeographic.com

Just saw some Gazelle's earlier and a couple of heyena's rolled through a few minutes ago. What's really?!

wetin'they whistle at the drink
    this is wicked cool
    i am gonna leave it on all night

if you wake up to screaming hyenas, that would be kinda freaky.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    That's amazing. I just watched a herd of Zebras get chased off by a hyena (or something about that size).

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I been tuned in all day...it's pretty incredible that we can sit here and witness what's going on in the forest in Africa. I'm glad you guys find it as intresting as I did. Everyone at my job had it on today and whenever a herd came by for water, everyone would get all amped.

Sounds like Pete's awake now.

• That's amazing. I just watched a herd of Zebras get chased off by a hyena (or something about that size).

yeah.. same here!

this is awesome, thanks for sharing the link

• Geez it looks desolate. I just saw 2 elephants. at 8am.
    This is awesome viewing. Kinda freaky actually. Even just listening to the birds squawking.
    Nothing much happening, but it's the anticipation that builds that is then rewarded that makes it worthwhile.
    Better than the usual 'weather cam' ones.

Anything else like this?

So far I've seen elephants, impala, guinea fowl, kudu, wildebeast, and what looked like steenbok.

Oh yeah, and zebra being chased by a hyena.

Now waterbuck,ostrich, more impala and freakin' baboons!

THE WORLD IN THE PALM OF YOUR HANDS

• Hmmm, live Daktari. Very nice to have it play while working. I haven't seen anything yet other than some birds. The sounds are nice though. The webcam is starting to shake heavily right now so maybe an elephant is comming through. Judging from what you all saw I guess this spot is pretty densely populated with wildlife.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's gotta be some sort of a wildlife preserve. It looks so calm and peaceful.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Does the video run continuously or is it sort of stop motion? I'll I am getting is stills every few seconds.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    coooooooooool. thanks for the link asprin.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Holy shit, an elephant.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's gotta be some sort of a wildlife preserve. It looks so calm and peaceful.

Yeah, it's a game preserve.

Dr. Wu, it should be 25 frames per second. Maybe you need an upgrade.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Holy shit, an elephant.

best use of the internet ever.

• Holy shit, an elephant.

And in infra red or whatever that night light thing is called.
    I have to say I was kind of thrilled when it came into view. Fuck a record for that moment.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

What do I need to upgrade. I just got a new fucking computer, shit is crazy fast. Help.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dude is so decent. Look at him. Oh shit, there he goes.

What do I need to upgrade. I just got a new fucking computer, shit is crazy fast. Help.

I was thinking if you don't have the newest version of realplayer that might be the problem.

I don't think that's night vision. It's probably just a big flood light covering the pond. You can see the elephant's shadow behind him when he walks in front of a tree.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    shits ill. how is the camera following him? is there somebody doing the filming i guess?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I don't think that's night vision. It's probably just a big flood light covering the pond. You can see the elephant's shadow behind him when he walks in front of a tree.

infrared maybe?

you would think a big ass floodlight in the middle of the savannah wouldn't last long.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That's my motherfucking man right there. Check dude out.

Dr. Wu...a couple of things could be causing the slow feed..

1. a slow connection
    2. slow processor...don't know what you got but maybe there's other things running that's slowing you down

This elephant's been chilling there for a minute...the rest of them left but he's looking for some solo time it seems.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dr. Wu...a couple of things could be causing the slow feed..

1. a slow connection
    2. slow processor...don't know what you got but maybe there's other things running that's slowing you down

This elephant's been chilling there for a minute...the rest of them left but he's looking for some solo time it seems.

We all need some alone time. I'm sure dude don't mind that we're checking him out though.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    sayin. this is the ill shit.

where else are there live web cams?

oh shit, SUPER ZOOM!!!

Elephants are cool.