TRADES: TOM SCOTT JUMP BACK, JIMMY SMITH MOJO ETC

SooksSooks 714 Posts
edited September 2005 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Hi there, I have the following LPs and 45s available for trade.LPs:Black Soul - Brasil Africa. Afro funk on the Soukous label.Henry Cain - The Funky Organization of Henry Cain - funky organ on Capitol - Axelrod.Willie Colon - The Big Break. While this is not the earlier 'Wanted by the FBI' issue, this does include the insert poster!Willie Colon - El Juicio (Fania)George Duke - Faces in Reflection - a rarer Duke effort on MPS.The Majestics - Instrumental R&B (Arc) From noted Canadian funk band.Mandingo - The Primeval Rhythm of Life - "African" record from UK library heads.Norman Connors - Romantic Journey - Smoothness on BuddahJimmy Smith - Paid in Full (Mojo) Rare Jimmy Smith album only sent to the fan club memebers. Cover is beat, vinyl is clean.Ed Thigpen - Action Re Action (GNP Crescendo) Funky Jazz.The Mighty Tom Cats - Soul Makossa (Paul Winley)Charles Wright and the Watts 103rd - You're So Beautiful - with Express Yourself II, What Can You Bring Me, & MoreAnd now for the 45s[/b]Izhar Cohen & Alpha Beta - Illusions. Israel's 1978 Eurovision entry. Abanibi is terrible, but the flip, Illusions, is nice & funky.Nino Ferrer - Les Enfants is some funky jerk, the flip is his famous ballad.Jorge Ben - Fio Maravilha - An acoustic version, not like the upbeat one on the live album.Titanic - Sultana - funky discoy drum song - in a pic sleeve!Tom Scott and the LA Express - this is the rare soundtrack to the 'nine lives..' film that did terribly at the box office. Rare 45, see a better review at blaxploitation.comTommie Young - You Can't Have Your Cake (and Eat It Too) b/w You Came Just In Time - two nice soul songs.So there you have it. I can cook up sound clips if needed, but it'll take me about a day to do it, so be patient. As for my wants, I'm interested in playout-able funk. If you could play if for a dancefloor, that's what I want. But I'm pretty open-minded.

Comments

• George Duke - Faces in Reflection - a rarer Duke effort on MPS.

Is this record like his 'Feel' LP?

• SooksSooks 714 Posts

George Duke - Faces in Reflection - a rarer Duke effort on MPS.

Is this record like his 'Feel' LP?

The short answer - I don't know! I don't have the Feel LP.

BTW:

Both Willie Colon albums are [color:red]GONE[/color].

• Aw Man..Just playing. Well, I'll be on the lookout.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    UPDATE:

Now [color:red]GONE[/color]:

Black Soul.
    Both Willie Colon albums.
    George Duke
    Majestics
    Ed Thigpen
    Mighty Tom Cats
    Charles Wright

Still Available:

Henry Cain
    Mandingo
    Norman Connors
    Jimmy Smith -

and all the 45s are still available:

Izhar Cohen
    Nino Ferrer
    Jorge Ben
    Titanic
    Tom Scott -
    Tommie Young

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Just thought I'd give this one final *bump* before I take it to eBay... please people, don't make me do it - I hate selling on eBay!