Healt-Strut Redux (PRHTDWLLTGOTLRR)

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
*ahem* Alright let's really find out who the little dudes are. I've been up in the gym for the past few weeks but I really don't have a clue on what to due exactly. I usually hit the treadmill for 25 minutes and then go to do presses and curls etc...Here are my questions:Is running at a slower steady pace for 25 minutes better for burning fat than running at a faster pace for 25 minutes? (My boy said if you run too hard too long your body starts to burn muscle?)Also, since I'm lifting weights/want to build muscle I know I'm supposed to eat more protein (motherfuck you guys). Being a vegetarian thats kinda difficult. So I've been eating a lot of Tuna and Eggs, is that enough protein? How much grams of protein do I need?I"m also cutting my caloric intakeP.S. My goals are:lose weightdevelop musclesknoc a motherfucker's teeh out (I'm kinda kidding....hide the Jim Bean)PRHTDWLLTGOTLRR= "Possible Ross Hogg Trainer Dude Who Looks Like That Guy On The Logg Record" Related

Comments

• I heard some good advice recently.

Don't eat after 8pm, then if you do cardio in the morning (before breakfast) you'll burn something like 3x as much fat as you would if you did cardio later in the day, because there is no food in you.

Now my question:

From what I can gather, white (regular, not whole grain) pasta is bad for you for the same reason that white bread is bad for you, because it is made with ultra-refined flour.
    BUT, whole grain pasta tastes like cow diahrrea even in a nice restaurant.

I think there must be an answer to this riddle. I have a hard time believing that the pasta that was made hundreds of years ago in Italy tasted that rancid or was made from ultra-refined flour. What's the deal? Is gourmet pasta the answer?

• I heard some good advice recently.

Don't eat after 8pm, then if you do cardio in the morning (before breakfast) you'll burn something like 3x as much fat as you would if you did cardio later in the day, because there is no food in you.

See, that's kinda my question. If you have nothing in your system I wonder if your body will start burning muscle or maybe it really will burn more fat.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

If you work out later in the day/night, you're able to burn some of the calories you just took in that day

THE ? REMAINZ

• Chisel Chest,

You go to 24Hour, right? Find one of those trainer dudes (the kind whose photos make certain moderators quiver then shiver) and ask them these very valid questions. Those dudes have a surprising wealth of knowledge about these things.

They'd probably also be very happy to sell you some steroid-free supplements, but you may not need to buy them.

• otis, whole grain pasta tastes aiight.

I can't say the same about the wheat and gluten free pasta though, unfortunately.

• Chisel Chest,

You go to 24Hour, right? Find one of those trainer dudes (the kind whose photos make certain moderators quiver then shiver) and ask them these very valid questions. Those dudes have a surprising wealth of knowledge about these things.

They'd probably also be very happy to sell you some steroid-free supplements, but you may not need to buy them.

Wil do, but those dudes aren't around too much and when they are I feel like I'm talking about CTI on SoulStrut.

• It's not about how hard you work out, when it comes to 'burning fat' it's about increasing your heartrate. I used to swim competitively for 12 years, and when I went to college, I asked my coach what I should do to keep in decent shape - "30 minutes of cardio 3 times a week, getting your heartrate to 120bpms."

It is true that you can start 'burning muscle' but that's if you overkill it. 25 minutes on the tread and some toning weight exercises sounds straight to me.

The thing about ALL grains, is that the fiber gets pulverized into sugars when made into flour. Yeah, whole wheat pasta is not quite as tasty as regular white pasta, but put some sauce and seasonings on that shit and you grow to like it. A nice (no ayo) nutty flavor.

Although 8pm is a little early for me to stop eating, usually the rule of thumb I've heard is don't eat anything less than 2 hours before going to bed, otherwise it'll just sit there without getting digested properly.

And working out in the morning is much better than at night, as it gets your blood pumping, thus getting more oxygen flowing, making it harder to fall asleep. Morning workouts get you awake and ready for the day as well.

And stretching, stretching stretching - stimulates the circulation.

• How much grams of protein do I need?

This little ripped dude that I see at my university gym and occasionally play ball with told me that the amount of protein required to gain muscle mass while lifting should be equivilant to your body mass. Now, back to lurking..

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    yo it's all about the

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    P*tr*ck,

word on the regiment. I've been pretty serious with mines lately and I've put on about 5 lbs of muscle over the last month. May not seem like much but y'all now know about the petite and gorgeous steez I rock and 5 pounds almost brings me into a whole new class.

As far as losing weight I'm definitly not the dude to talk to (you must have weight first in order to lose it). But running without over doing it, healthy eating, not sitting/ lounging around more than you feel neccasary should all help you out with that.

I'll get back at y'all with a shit eating grin as soon as I reach the almight 125 lbs mark

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i havent gone to the gym in three weeks

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    i havent gone to the gym in three weeks

swim your ass over to the mainland and come down to Bally's with me. I needs somebody to spot me and then let me whoop them at racquetball

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    i havent gone to the gym in 5 years

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Now, back to lurking..

I don't know why, but everytime a lurker comes out of nowhere, says something and then disappears , I imagine he looks something like this:

Is it just me? Or are these people humans?

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I've heard that drinkin coffee helps...

• Now, back to lurking..

I don't know why, but everytime a lurker comes out of nowhere, says something and then disappears , I imagine he looks something like this:

Is it just me? Or are these people humans?

haha.