Whats been melting your face lately?

TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I'll start this with this & that.whats got your face melted?

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    The new Devendra Banhart "cripple crow" album. Also The Mirettes "whirlpool" lp, dope funky female soul record that I've never seen any mention of on SS.

• Hi,
    I'm a little dude. I lurk around here so much that I decided it would be better to emerge from the shadows and add my townie hip hop nerd turned art student perspective. Feel free to ask me about the Diplomats or Lightning Bolt.

A rock DJ at the student radio station I DJ at was playing this. I hasseled him untill he let me dub it. Wildass Japanese Psych Rock.

Flower Travelin Band - Satori pt.5

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dope. Welcome, dude.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Hi,
    I'm a little dude. I lurk around here so much that I decided it would be better to emerge from the shadows and add my townie hip hop nerd turned art student perspective.

Don't feel bad, there are more here than you think!
    This is pretty much me, as well.
    Welcome aboard.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I'll start this with this & that.

whats got your face melted?

That "moder" track is dooope! How's the rest of the LP?

I'll be back later with a face melt... have some errands to run.

• Hi,
    I'm a little dude. I lurk around here so much that I decided it would be better to emerge from the shadows and add my townie hip hop nerd turned art student perspective. Feel free to ask me about the Diplomats or Lightning Bolt.

A rock DJ at the student radio station I DJ at was playing this. I hasseled him untill he let me dub it. Wildass Japanese Psych Rock.

Flower Travelin Band - Satori pt.5

plaese to send their "anywhere" LP to Memphis plaese...I need it, very very badly.

• the flower travellin band is so sweet. their bassist is beyond terrible, but the guitarist is amazing. try driving around pumping it on the stereo. you'll get the greatest expressions out of other drivers.

for me it's just been the regular stuff. guru guru, goblin, the paul bley synthesizer record which is surprisingly cool...also been digging both wanda robinson albums a lot lately. also been rocking the 17 cd anthology of serge gainsbourg which my dad brought back from france.

new music-wise, there's this band called nieminen and litmanen that i've been catching onto. i guess you could call them a funkier version of hella, with a set up not unlike the first few lee fields recordings. just a hammond and a drummer. really crazy stuff, with song structure and riffs, not as disorienting as most math rock.

• didnn't listen to the others, but this was seriously unlistenable.

• cool

you should add some drums to it

• Hi,
    I'm a little dude. I lurk around here so much that I decided it would be better to emerge from the shadows and add my townie hip hop nerd turned art student perspective.

Don't feel bad, there are more here than you think!
    This is pretty much me, as well.
    Welcome aboard.

Thanks. You're making me feel all warm inside ...........

• meshmesh 925 Posts

that joint sounds like the boredoms.

• it's afrirampo. slstrt doesn't speak japanese.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    word, itunes read the japanese, but unfortunately does not translate it. i couldnt tell.

its kinda sweet.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

plaese to send their "anywhere" LP to Memphis plaese...I need it, very very badly.

I know someone who's selling it. He wants top dollar, though.

New:

Kiila - Pys??htyneet Planeetat

Killer finnish folk from 2004. Taken from one of my fav. albums of last year Silm??t Sulkaset. Released by Fonal.

Some '94:

Money Boss Players - Ghetto Chronicle Daily

Dope & raer '94 hiphop.

Kinda old:

This Heat - 24 Track Loop

Old:

Alice Clark - Heaven's Will (Must Be Obeyed)

Incredible soul from Alice Clark.

• meshmesh 925 Posts

Old:

Alice Clark - Heaven's Will (Must Be Obeyed)

Incredible soul from Alice Clark.

what album is this from?

45 only cut.

Flipside to Alice Clark - You Hit Me (Right Where It Hurt Me)

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4004966640

I can only dream

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    45 only cut.

Flipside to Alice Clark - You Hit Me (Right Where It Hurt Me)

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4004966640

I can only dream

thought so. i only know of that one album, and i thought she pretty much disappeared after that.

did this come out before the LP or after?

did this come out before the LP or after?

I don't have a clue.

Somebody here probably knows tho... Justin, etc...

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    the fact that i love mariah carey

and this right here http://s34.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1RJB23OBHA9RV3SRDZJUHT06HF

(if someone could teach me to make a link that would be nice)

• Keeping it Jesus-related: "Si Yo Fuera Carpintero"

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    i never really listened to the Buzzcocks until recently, but I can't get enough of this track...

http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2K91UTXY7RSU90NSI9ZVY86I7Y

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Private mind garden:

"...and by and by my soul returned to me,
    saying I myself am Heaven and Hell..."

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Hi,
    I'm a little dude.

Flower Travelin Band

ANYONE WHO MENTIONS FLOWER TRAVELIN BAND IS A FUCKING GANGSTA!!!

- spidey

• New:

Kiila - Pys??htyneet Planeetat

Killer finnish folk from 2004. Taken from one of my fav. albums of last year Silm??t Sulkaset. Released by Fonal.

new music-wise, there's this band called nieminen and litmanen that i've been catching onto. i guess you could call them a funkier version of hella, with a set up not unlike the first few lee fields recordings. just a hammond and a drummer. really crazy stuff, with song structure and riffs, not as disorienting as most math rock.

I'm surprised to see two very little-known Finnish bands mentioned in this thread!

• new music-wise, there's this band called nieminen and litmanen that i've been catching onto. i guess you could call them a funkier version of hella, with a set up not unlike the first few lee fields michaels recordings. just a hammond and a drummer.

fuck, my bad. two different lee's and one terrible mistake on my part!

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

I'll start this with this & that.

whats got your face melted?

That "moder" track is dooope! How's the rest of the LP?

I'll be back later with a face melt... have some errands to run.

I dunno, I never found on of his albums. I got this of a pretty good comp with jazz/funk tracks from the seventies:

• awallawall 673 Posts
    this is the last piece of music that has really made me go "WOAH"

Asa Chang and Juneray - Hana