Ebay and Shaw

NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I know this is "extra" desirable since it's been sampled and spun on famous mixes, but I had no clue it could catch this price lately. NM not even M-.......fork out the bling for the Shaw.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4719842982&rd=1

Comments

• It's been getting that much for awhile now. sometimes even more. i am still sorta bummed i passed a copy up for 30. i have the second issue of the spice of life LP and that works for me. this is def one of my fav tracks of all time and def the best version of the track.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I don't think $100 is that bad if you really want it... But then again I have yet to run across anything of hers on Cadet or Bluenote outside of represses, so go figure.

• It was just re-released by jazzman gerald and 45s are more collectable than LPs (generally) so..... voila. 100 bucks is ridiculous. If you're in the US you should be able to find a copy for 1/15 of that with some ease.

Just watch, it'll come back down to a sane price after all the heads get their fix, just like the pi-r-squared...

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    i have the second issue of the spice of life LP and that works for me.

• I guess I'm just out of touch with the market value of her material lately. The LPs and 45s on Cadet and Bluenote pop up here now and then and aren't too difficult to find. Not too long ago I remember seeing the 45 in question going for 50.00 so needless to say I was suprised. Seems like it's just me though, guess I've gotta keep up with it better.

• good god

• djrdjr 511 Posts

good god

now that's ridiculous.

same person who bought a $96 copy of Sharon Jones "What Condition My Condition Was In"??

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    This is such a crazy coincidence. No more than two minutes ago I randomly checked on the price of this very 45 out of curiosity for the first time in months. Holy fuck is coincidence weird.

Anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity to gloat for the millionth time that I found this 45 last year for a cool $.50 at the local Salvation Army. That's right...$.50!

• djrdjr 511 Posts

Anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity to gloat for the millionth time that I found this 45 last year for a cool $.50 at the local Salvation Army. That's right...$.50!

Nice. Wish I could find a thrift store with some 45s 'round here.
    Has turned me on to some cool LPs I may have missed otherwise, though....

• While we're on the subject of 45s off of major labels lemme throw this out: how much is the Black Merda - Cynthy Ruth 45 going for lately? Not that it's terribly important, I've already got one but I'm curious bout it's street value

• Cadet sold alright... I see marlena shaw, well, not a lot, but now and again. Other titles more often. picked up around 3 "third cup"s in the last year, all for almost nothing.

Shaw's catching that jazzman hype. It's the kind of thing that if you keep an eye out for you'll find on LP or 45 and is not bill-worthy. $50 is really stretching it. IMO

• Yeah, 50.00 is pushing it too far even. Honestly, I think I'd drop 30.00 MAX if I really really needed one, in M- shape. More like a 25.00 piece to me, I'd nod as if saying "respectable" if offered one for that price. But at 100.00 it just blows my mind.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    holy shit. I came accross a dealer a few years ago who had a bunch of those (unplayed) at $10 a piece. But, what really blows my mind is that jazzman bullshit going for so much. damn, now thats stupid.

-r

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

Shaw's catching that jazzman hype.

i've sold 2 copies on that there ebay site before the jazzman reish and have gotten between $80 - $110 both times.

what's really odd is that you can get the action-packed silver OG LP containing Cali Soul, Liberation Conversation, Women of the Ghetto and more for $50ish, right?