Utretch / Euro Run Report

MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Whaddup,

Just got back from Holland with Jake and Attic last night. We took some pic's and have some stories. To be honest I don't even know where to begin. I'm guessing Jake will jump in and add to this thread. We hit three countries, multiple stores and arguably the largest record show on this planet.

Peace to everyone we linked with, all the store owners and Head. Good look'n on taking us out in Germany. It was good seeing you again after these years. We've coming back....

Here are the pic's we took of the bigger pieces. I think we ended up with somewhere around 250-285 records total between the three of us. Some of the records we didn't bother taking pic's of or pic's that didn't turn out like we had hoped include ;

Carl Sherlock Holmes
2 copies of Cane and Able
Blowfly Live in Detroit
Marva Witney LP
Free The Black Man's Chains
2 copies of Jonathan
multiple libraries
Mad River
Hal Singer
Johhny Houston - Makin Bacon
2 copies of Scorpio on Pepita

Here are the heaters. If there are any pic's that aren't clear, let me know and I'll tell you what's in them...lol. The lighting in the hotel was kind of shit;

img src="http://www.healthplusfitness.com/test/4.jpg"height= 396" "width=626"[/img]
img src="http://www.healthplusfitness.com/test/2.jpg"height= 396" "width=626"[/img]
img src="http://www.healthplusfitness.com/test/3.jpg"height= 396" "width=626"[/img]
img src="http://www.healthplusfitness.com/test/5.jpg"height= 396" "width=626"[/img]

I almost wet myself when I saw a few of the psych tables at Utretch. Mad expensive but they had FIRE....

img src="http://www.healthplusfitness.com/test/6.jpg"height= 396" "width=626"[/img]
img src="http://www.healthplusfitness.com/test/1.jpg"height= 396" "width=626"[/img]

We're going back... I love Holland. What a country.

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    hell yeah round up them US rares

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    hell yeah round up them US rares

Bring them back hooome like Led Zeppelin.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Also curious as to how much you guys spent (wrote off). Something tells me these aren't eurobin finds.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    Nice pics! Utrecht was so nice a couple of years back, wish I could go again at some point. Smoking weed while digging through amazing wax is one of the best things one can do IMO. And it??s so HUGE, no way I even checked every crate in the three days we were there with Sampo, Magnus and Lars. I hope you also went to neighboring Rotterdam , where you have probably the best record store in Europe called Demon Fuzz.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Instant holy-grail wall.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

real nice!

whats the story with that WORLD [color:white] ___ [/color] D record?

• BuzzzBuzzz 1 Post
    How much do you paid for the 2 Placebo's?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Damn, I wish I was ballin' out of control like you folls! Ya'll livin' like Baby and Mannie Fresh. Fly to Europe for a record show =

I'm sure you had a good time out there. I need to roll with ya'll next time! Don't feel too sorry for me, I'm sure I'll catch some sick records when I hit Tokyo for a couple weeks in July

Moss, did you get any crazy Euro movies?

• Is that record MAT3 is really good?
    How it sounds like?

I saw it on a shop in Paris for 20 or 30 euros..

• SermadSermad 7 Posts
    Also curious as to how much you guys spent (wrote off). Something tells me these aren't eurobin finds.

A lot. I only saw those records on atomium666's stall. He also had a 1973 and it sold very quickly.

It was probably the hardest utrecht ive ever been to...Every record in the world you want but the prices were insane.

These are a few of my finds.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Not bad...I'm not feeling half of what y'all picked, but nice shopping spree. Sermad gets my vote if i had to grab some.lol...And don't tell me y'all came in France because one, i didn't hear about that, and two, i would have take you to some nice spizzots!!! Holland diggin' mos def, i can see that...and Sermad, don't tell me you paid big bucks for tat Dutronc. Please...

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    how much were those placebos.

need 2 know.

who got the best pieces of the three of you?

• legendlegend 124 Posts

i luv that daniela casa italian library u got there. thats my shit! i've been trying to find another one for a year and a half. if u want to part ways with it let me know

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    how much were those placebos.

need 2 know.

who got the best pieces of the three of you?

I got the worst in terms of rare. LOL. I went there to find shit to use more than anything else. I ended up with a crate or so. The placebo (the white one) was 120, but since we picked up a few more records I think it went down to maybe 110 or so. It's mint so I think that's a good price. The ball of eyes I'm not sure of. We didn't get them at the shows, and a lot of the pieces didn't come from Utretch. We came up in Germany and Belgium. The Iskander's for example were 8. The Jonathan's were 10. Made in Sweden was 6 and the Brainticket was 12 (OG). We got the Cane and Able's for 35 and I'm not sure what else. I'm not a big soul collector so I didn't pay attention to the prices and what was going down to be honest with some of the pieces in the pictures.

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts

real nice!

Spanish rock lp. I saw it a few years ago in Montreal for $90 and never again. Found two copies in Europe. One in Amsterdamn and one in Belgium.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    For all those inquiring, Ball of Eyes was 400 and the other one was 125. We got them out of a store amongst many other underpriced raers. I bought about a crate on the trip. Already made 5 slaps and haven't got thru but 10 records so far. Another thing I noticed about Europe is how cool the record dealers were. I wasn't getting that "rap guy" treatment out there that I get out here. Maybe it had something to do with how much yaper we were dropping but it seemed like the store owners were generally more friendly.

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts

real nice!

Spanish rock lp. I saw it a few years ago in Montreal for $90 and never again. Found two copies in Europe. One in Amsterdamn and one in Belgium.

What places/cities did you go in Belgium?

Dealears are more friendly than Americans, that's fo sho', but they still full of shit sometimes...Specially UK dealers and their FUCKIN colored dots that indicate the price range. I might slap a Brit one of these days...ALWAYS stuck on Beatles but never know shit about a Mansfield or a Tew. Anyway...good trip you had. Belgium is bad tho'. Y'all have to come to France. Jake, tell your buddies to holla at me next time...I dont see none of that French psych/pop, no french libs...I gotta hook you up one of these days.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    did anyone bring back a flyer from utrecht that was supposedly going to be distributed in amounts of 20,000 blasting me for being an "unserious" record dealer... i gotta know. hah.

• SermadSermad 7 Posts
    Sorry Im not quite with it today. You mean the America Giovani one right? You checked out the other one by remi ducros? Hot stuff.

Anyways no its not for trade. Only ever seen this twice...its rare...

To IZM - If you don't like the prices then don't buy. If it wasn't for the brits hustling europe then hardly any of this stuff would be known. Only bettered ofcourse by the french guys. If you know gwen, seb or vince then you'll know...

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    Sorry Im not quite with it today. You mean the America Giovani one right? You checked out the other one by remi ducros? Hot stuff.

Anyways no its not for trade. Only ever seen this twice...its rare...

yes the America Giovani joint. Spyralis is my shit. I like the cut right after that as well. i've only seen it twice myself. i have one.... I just wanted a double. thanks though. and i'll look out for the one by remi ducros

LOL...sorry serm, i didn't mean to upset you. I was ranting outloud mostly because i just come back from a rec convention where this UK dealer didn't want to change price tags for me. Specially when i spent more than an hour to find that damn Loot OST in his own crate. He didn't know how good it was until i point out the Keith Mansfield credit. Then he flipped the script on some "oh i made a pricing mistake". Bitch. Anyway...Vince is living next to my house. Still gotta hit his crib. I know Sebb from Switzlerland, but not that Seb i think.

Oh yea, whoever bought that Piccioni is mad lucky. I've been trying hard even tho' i'm not a "holygrailer"

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    sermad, are there any good tracks on that chappell library you have pictured?

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Europe is the place!
    If they just moved the entire stock of of records in the US over here it would be heaven.... AND you wont go to jail 5 years for passing a spliff to someone who's been in drug treatment!

• Why would you pass a spliff?

Dress

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Why would you pass a spliff?

Dress

LOL!!!

• Yo Jake what's poppin'? Kon and I are heading back at the end of May to Europe. So hopefully we can share in the joy that you guys have. Hey, did you go to Berlin or Munich?..to me those are the best spots in Germany. Either way, I definitely cannot wait to get back there to blaze Europe. And you right about the dealers in Europe..they ain't on that "Hip-Hop" shit. We are doing another European tour for two weeks this summer. I look at like I get paid to record shop..getting paid in Euros, pounds, and even swiss francs ain't bad at all. Hey man let me know the next time you plan a trip out there..I wouldn't mind tagging along. Anyway, I can introduce you to Olski and Florian Keller two of the illest in Germany...Believe me!! By the way, can you tell Attic I said what up? Can you give him my cell?
    Peace,
    Amir

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    Damn, I wish I was ballin' out of control like you folls! Ya'll livin' like Baby and Mannie Fresh. Fly to Europe for a record show =

I'm sure you had a good time out there. I need to roll with ya'll next time! Don't feel too sorry for me, I'm sure I'll catch some sick records when I hit Tokyo for a couple weeks in July

Moss, did you get any crazy Euro movies?

I was on the hunt pretty tough. The problem was everyone hated on the English sub's. I was pretty suprised actually. In Holland everyone spoke English (I mean Dutch was first language, but everyone spoke English well) so I didn't understand why there weren't any English sub's on anything. I found a couple of VHS spots but no forced English sub's either. Germany was the same, as was Belgium. There was a really dope store in Amsterdamn but again, nothing I could understand.

I also found it odd how nobody in any of the countries knew who Haneke was!? I went to arthouse stores and nothing. I would expect an arthouse spot in Germany would know Haneke but nope. I went there trying to buy Das Schloss even without english sub's but nobody knew what I was speaking about. Same with Gaspar Noe in Belgium.

• NutsNuts 44 Posts
    The cult videotek in Amsterdam is really dope. They had all sorts of rare as f movies. They had exploitation genres of whatever thing you could think of. I ended up getting acouple of rare stuff they pressed up themselves.
    Getting rare euro movies is getting easier and easier nowadays, with tons of online stores.