*David Batiste The Gladiators ??? Funky Soul*

BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
INFOS?Has anyone infos about that 7" by David Batiste & The Gladiators called[/b] "Funky Soul Pt1[/b]" *Is there a part two?*On soulgeneration.co.uk they say that it was released on INSTANT (might be the reissue)and on funk45.com it's written that it was originally released on SOULIN RECORDS (547) in 1971. Audio clip[/b]Can someone help me out to find a good site?I know that one called http://www.soul45collector.com/ Thank you Bapt (& the Gladiators)

Comments

• David Batiste and the Gladiators[/b]

"Cut Out/ 6th Ward High Step" (Fordom 102)
    "Funky Soul/ Pt. 2" (Soulin??? 547)
    "Funky Soul/ Pt. 2" (Instant 3308)

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    "Funky Soul/ Pt. 1" (Soulin??? 547)

• "Funky Soul/ Pt. 1" (Soulin??? 547)

Promo?

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Promo?

What?

I've just quoted/edited your first answer cause you had written "part 2" two times.

Pz

• "Funky Soul/ Pt. 1" (Soulin??? 547)

Promo?

What?

I've just quoted/edited your first answer cause you had written "part 2" two times.

Pz

Look:

"Funky Soul/ Pt. 2"

means that the a-side is "Funky Soul" and the B-side is "Part 2". It's short hand. When you responded with:

it appears you are indicating the existence of another record, one which has the "Part 1" on both sides. Generally, this would be a promo pressing.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    ^ Clean Up Man.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    If you want a cheap vinyl version, there is an old comp LP on the NOLA label Bandy entitled "Love You, New Orleans" that has pt. 1 on it, along with a bunch of other great tracks, like Skip Easterling's "Hoochie Koochie Man," etc.
    It can be found for pretty cheap and is worth copping until the 45's come along.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Look:
    "Funky Soul/ Pt. 2"
    means that the a-side is "Funky Soul" and the B-side is "Part 2". It's short hand. When you responded with:

My bad Rob, I didn't see that "/"

Pz

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    My bad Rob, I didn't see that "/"

Pz

I mean: My bad, Rob

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    If you want a cheap vinyl version, there is an old comp LP on the NOLA label Bandy entitled "Love You, New Orleans" that has pt. 1 ... It can be found for pretty cheap and is worth copping until the 45's come along.

Ok, I've found that comp.

$ 149,73 in M condition for the 45's

Thanks for the informations Mr SoulOnIce

Bapt