February Finds

ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
edited February 2016 in Record Collecting

Some are from a couple of local shops but a majority were found at the Pasadena Swap Meet on Sunday. Sometimes it's one of those Jack McDuff kind of weeks. How many versions of "Surfboard" did he have; four? "Funky '69" comp is essentially an Alvin Cash album - and it's a Japanese press. I like early 70s Shirelles' "Sunday Dreamin'" but have never heard this cover. Family Cat is another one of those major label one-offers. Shango's second LP has a different sound, West Coast hard rock which fits comfortably in the Dunhill catalog, than their ecclectic, faux-Carribean sound on their debut with the minor hit "Day After Day". "Disco Sound Special" is a Japanese double LP with one record of originals and the other by cover bands including Black Buster who have a number of disco exploitation records. I think they are Filipino and not Japanese, though.
para11axfinelikewinebillbradleyLaserWolf
TAGGED:

Comments

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    been on a shopping spree. Some of the things I aquired:

LaserWolfpara11axElectrode

• that Henri Pierre Noel is so damn good. hoping to come across an original when the money's right at some point...
    finelikewine