LOOK WHAT I BOUGHT!!!

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I got it at our Rackord Show for 275 bucks... A little Moog! And it sounds sooooooooooooo dope too.... Hooray!

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    can I vomit on it?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    RADDDD!!!!

That is cheap, yo!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I think I want to start a group now called the "Polyphony's""

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I'm more intrested in finding out what that package on the bottom right with the 'Come Do Me' on it may contain.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Right on.... Did you keep the sign it had on it? It did sound fun, good for you! If I had money to burn I would have also... Your Rad!

I'm more intrested in finding out what that package on the bottom right with the 'Come Do Me' on it may contain.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    hi Mango

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Congrats dude! That's swell. Those little ones sound absolutely cool.

A friend of mine contacted a friend from college. His parents have an unused original MOOG in their basement. They once said that they'd be happy if someone picked it up. They'd give it away for free. It's a MOOG with a huge switchboard. One of the early ones. My record collecting friend wants to pick it up. Although he's after one of the little ones. Like the one in your picture. They're very expensive over here. He has seen one of the kind you got for over 1000 Euros. He collects weird organs and synths. Recently bought a Tiger organ by Eko.

Hope to hear some beat of yours with MOOG soon.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    we got the voyager joint down at the studio. its not vintage or anything, but it sounds banging. moog still has the fattest bass around.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts

Polyphony on a moog is $$$$$

Congrats!

• strikerstriker 146 Posts
    dat aint no moog..

Realistic is Radio Shack's own brand.
    still it's probably fucking great anyway, my first walkman was Realistic & it was the loudest thing i've ever had to stick in my ears & i've got a 5 channel mixer with eq & echo box by them too... i never knew they did a minimoog knock off too. ah well something else to add to the list

It was built by moog for radio shack.....

"I guess you could call this a "poor man's Moog." Realistic is the brand printed on this synth's exterior, but the circuit design was done in the late 1970s by folks affiliated with Moog Music (I understand it was primarily/entirely Paul Schreiber, now with SynthTech). Its Radio Shack Tandyness shines through, though, with odd "friendlier" labels on the controls (contour instead of envelope generator, tone source instead of oscillator and so on.) Still, people looking for a Moog sound have flocked to the MG1 as a low-cost alternative to a Moog Music synth. Ironically, they are presently fetching as used gear on ebay nearly as much as they sold for new."

"The ConcertMate MG-1 is an analog synthesizer built as a collaboration between Tandy and the original Moog Music, Inc and marketed by Radio Shack under the Realistic brand in the early 80's. Despite its being sold through The Shack, the MG-1 is all Moog. It even has the famous Moog ladder filter, making the sound unmistakably MOOG!"

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    does it make good hi hats?

• darendaren 28 Posts
    VERY NICE. I love synths, but being poor and broke, I will probably never be able to afford a real tangible synth, unless it is one of those $10 SK-1s I find in garage sales.

DUDE....

The bass that this thing kicks out is SO RICO BONER.....

Fucking dope!!!

It was built by moog for radio shack.....

yeah, Moog used to do this type of stuff. Many years ago I found this monster organ for my friend - one of those old woman/xian private press organ recital things. Must have weighed 2 tons! Anyhow, the upper keyboard was a Moog - built by Moog. That thing was off the fuckin' hook. Crazy! Anyhow, yeah, Moog had all sorts of weird deals like that.

Shake of the haters! That's a dope find!

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    a "poor man's Moog."

thats funny! nice score dude! if the bass is bumping and the speakers are squelching, your cyphers complete

• Options
    Nice grab G***, put it to good use. This reminds me of a couple years ago, I headed way out on Long Island to a garage sale that advertised that they had a Hammond B3. I rolled up thinking I was the first one there, but the people said I missed it being sold by a few minutes, and probably passed the guy who bought it on the way in. They let it go for a hundred bucks, I was kind of disappointed because I'm always looking for something else to store clothing on and it would have been perfect.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    They let it go for a hundred bucks, I was kind of disappointed because I'm always looking for something else to store clothing on and it would have been perfect.

Bought a Fender Rhodes for $275 and sold it for $525 last year.

I'm always looking for something else to store clothing on and it would have been perfect.

HAHAHAHAHAHA... I LOVE IT...

You'll have to use the Stairmaster and the Bowflex in the meantime.....

• merlemerle 39 Posts
    i've always wondered what the appropriate amp/monitor for something like this is...

i've always wondered what the appropriate amp/monitor for something like this is...

They make Keyboard amps. Or, I know people who use bass amps, which are probably better than guitar amps for a synth...

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I got it at our Rackord Show for 275 bucks...

Nice one. I bought mine at a pawn shop in 1994 for $85.

Anyway, it's good to know me and Dizzy are powerballing on both coasts as usual. Mind the velvet rope, lads.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    awesome find. plaese to post moog beats ASAP

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    A friend of mine contacted a friend from college. His parents have an unused original MOOG in their basement. They once said that they'd be happy if someone picked it up. They'd give it away for free. It's a MOOG with a huge switchboard. One of the early ones. My record collecting friend wants to pick it up. Although he's after one of the little ones.

Old-school modular with the jacks totally 's the little minimoog...

They let it go for a hundred bucks, I was kind of disappointed because I'm always looking for something else to store clothing on and it would have been perfect.

Bought a Fender Rhodes for $275 and sold it for $525 last year.

YO! I think we where PMing back and forth about that! dam....you said a lot of the keys where missing or something.

YOUNG PHONIKS WAS TRYING TO GET HIS JOHN LEGEND ON!

....you said a lot of the keys where missing or something.