Soundblaster Audigy 2 help please....(cant record)

On_the_Red_ClayOn_the_Red_Clay 1,728 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
As some of you remember, i have had to install a new mainframe + processor in my computer a few weeks ago. after some fiddling i managed to get sound to my mixer again, so i thought i was good to go... untill i tried to record a few mins ago.

this is the setup:

* soundblaster audigy 2 (jack to standard double red / white of my mixer for output at the back of my comp *** amplifier goes into the front of the audigy)

ive checked my settings in the mediasource software and in cool edit pro 2.0 (which i use for recording) and they seem ok

i have a vague suspicion there's an onboard soundcard on my new mainframe (if that's the correct term) since my system tells me of a "realtek ac97 audio" installed under hardware. I've "removed" this, but that didn't work. My hardware settings also tell me there's an unknown PCI thingy (yellow questionmark). My audigy is recognised and installed.

Please troubleshoot me!

Comments

• may or may not be of any use, i use an audigy 2 pcmcia card in my laptop. when i removed the card without using safety removal, it didn't work again and when i disabled my other card it made no difference either. i uninstalled and reinstalled the audigy software. if i plugged in the card before reinstallation i got the blue screen of death. have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling audigy from scratch so that the PC siezes the audigy as the latest soundcard to use? reinstalling over the top didn't work. apart from that my usual cock-up is leaving the recorder as 'what i hear' instead if 'line-in'... good luck - P

• i have a vague suspicion there's an onboard soundcard on my new mainframe (if that's the correct term) since my system tells me of a "realtek ac97 audio" installed under hardware. I've "removed" this, but that didn't work. My hardware settings also tell me there's an unknown PCI thingy (yellow questionmark). My audigy is recognised and installed.

Doublecheck your driver software. Then you should be able to select which output device you'd like (realtek or sb) - that's all I had to do w/mine - same situation.

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    As some of you remember, i have had to install a new mainframe + processor in my computer a few weeks ago. after some fiddling i managed to get sound to my mixer again, so i thought i was good to go... untill i tried to record a few mins ago.

this is the setup:

* soundblaster audigy 2 (jack to standard double red / white of my mixer for output at the back of my comp *** amplifier goes into the front of the audigy)

ive checked my settings in the mediasource software and in cool edit pro 2.0 (which i use for recording) and they seem ok

i have a vague suspicion there's an onboard soundcard on my new mainframe (if that's the correct term) since my system tells me of a "realtek ac97 audio" installed under hardware. I've "removed" this, but that didn't work. My hardware settings also tell me there's an unknown PCI thingy (yellow questionmark). My audigy is recognised and installed.

Please troubleshoot me!

had the same problem with my old PC, you've gotta disable your onboard soundcard from BIOS (F2/DEL on startup) - look for 'onboard sound' and disable it. That should sort out most of your problems (although I forgot what the the 'unknown PCI thing' was, could be your front panel thingy).

• Thanks for the help-

after disabling my realtek onboard soundcard in BIOS and discovering that i had to choose "record enable" in cool edit, i'm good to go.... jay!