Record Store Day Purchases

dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
edited April 2014 in Strut Central
anyone else pick up any scores from RSD?

I was finally able to get a copy of OutKast and BDP, I had a few singles from the BlackSheep album but never owned the full album so that was a nice score on white vinyl (it wasn't from of RSD) I was able to get a copy of the Eric B and Rakim as well, local shop only had a few copies and I picked up the Ghostbusters 10" as well...I kept my purchases to a minimum as there is a record fair here next month..

anyone else find some gems?

Comments

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I celebrated Record Store Day by illegally downloading a bunch of punk and rock to be blasted at the gym.

Pretty much all Record Store Day products I've ever seen are nothing but a waste of perfectly good plastic.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    i actually couldnt agree more, the more i go to RSD the more i hate it, the copy of OutKast i got is a shitty low quality pressing for a pathetic $28 ... EricB & Rakim is warped for $15...the FauxBusters wasnt that big of a deal either..

i think this year i finally learned my lesson... over priced trinkets indeedy, definitely not worth getting up @ 6am and defintely not worth the $115 it cost me for what i got...

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    spent record store day flea diggin, or at least the early hours of the day, incredible weather, pulled a shit load of stuff, hooked up with a friend who was actually giging at a record store later in the afternoon, he traded a record with another rec dude the day before at another fleamarket, i was kinda on the sidelines at that point, but felt i needed that particular joint, so met up with homeboy straight from those early hour flea rounds, fully loaded and kinda beat, copped the record, he was off to the store gig, and i sorta had had enough waxness for one day, so skipped record store day all together.. hope i'll get a chance next year maybe, havent attended one yet..

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I bought 5 one dollar records at Breakaway Records in Austin, then made at least one loop from each of the 5 records, then threw them together in this mix...

http://soundcloud.com/harvey-canal/harvey-canal-record-store-day

• GatorToofGatorToof 582 Posts
    I guess nobody was that impressed with the action bronson 7" joint?

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    I also avoided, stayed in making beats.. but got a pile of orders on discogs funnily enough. Did anyone else?

• GatorToofGatorToof 582 Posts
    I stayed home, grounded with a cracked radius. I've had two surgeries on it already from a skateboarding accident and stress fractured it lifting packed u-haul boxes of LP's. :oh_snap:

4 more weeks of nursing it before I plan on getting out and about again. I've been gardening in the meantime. I do wish I could go shopping and the Villagers 7" though. :cry:

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    finally had time to check that ghostbusters record last night, wow what a total waste of money that was...it is the only record i have ever purchased with the intention of selling, those things are selling for crazy amount of money on the bay now...

i figured i would give it one play before the flip..

• GatorToof said:
    I guess nobody was that impressed with the action bronson 7" joint?

thanks for heads-up, didn't come across this, just listened it on ju-tube. will get this nice little 7"

this and the Eamnuelle soundtrack on Death Waltz are my only purchases then. RSD releases are so terrible! was actually thinking of getting the three Placebo reissues but i've being warned. TERRIBLE SOUND QUALITY!!!

the Emanuelle OST is really recommended, nice pressing...

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I couldn't believe the fuss over some of the stuff that was released last week, people were literally fighting over the Ghostbusters record and the Cake and REM boxes. Ridiculous. I did get the Joy Division "An Ideal For Living" EP, I didn't feel like that was a gimmick release and the sound quality is great (considering the source material). And I got the Fishbone record which turned into an inadvertent "score", my copy was one of 100 on blue vinyl.

• damn, just realized that this might have been the shit too. damn, i hate those flippers...