Vynylyst

parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
edited October 2013 in Strut Central
Hello soulstrut amigos,

So, I'm working on creating a new music, vinyl, and DJ culture site + app that allows teh people to do teh following:

-Research the historical prices of used records
-Buy/Sell used records
-Catalogue your collectron, and aggregate the approximate cash value of said collectron
-Allow users the ability to generate profiles and IDs that allows for IMing to link buyers and sellers
-Look up records by genre/label/artist/etc.
-Provide independent artists a platform to create a visual store front within Vynylyst (TM) that allows them to sell their shit

I intend to bankroll this initiative, and my balleur lifestyle via Kickstarter by asking for a modest $652,000; as well as through investors; friends; pretty much anyone who will listen.

I will make cash and turn a profit within 1 year by:
-implementing a subscription-based system
-manufacturing record crates in China for 12s", 10s" and 45s", then sell at crazy prices
-manufacture slipmaps, 45 adapters, and other shit in China, then sell at crazy prices
-take a 25% cut from all transactions (from buyers, AND sellers)
-implement a tiered-user system that enables a more robust experience for those who pay more: (tier 3 = $1,000 = buy/sell privileges for 3 years at 10% transactional fee + get a record crate, adapter, and slipmat ...tier 2 = $600 for 2 years + adapter and slipmat...tier 1 = $400 for 1 year + slipmat)
-charge $9.99 for the app
-Google ads
-corporate sponsorship (Redbull will be ALL over this)

Because you are all community-minded music lovers, collectros, and enthusiasts, I am asking for your support.

Please PM me to send PayPal monies to my account as soon as possible. I will in turn send you some random piece of chud (for your donation of $100 or more); or a quick "thanks" (for $99 or less)

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards.

Parallax
President | CEO | Visionary | Head Honcho |
Vynylyst

Comments

• what are your thoughts on the color purple? (no oprah)

• VY-NIHILIST??

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    parallax said:
    enthusizt

Fixed

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    what are your thoughts on the color purple? (no oprah)

Thank you for your thoughtful question.

I think purple is an interesting hue. My site, however, will be in shades of grey.

Regards.

Parallax
    Vynylyst

skel said:
    parallax said:
    enthuthietht

Fixed

Remixed

Regards.

Parallax
    Vynylyst

• What is the current value of Hap Palmer?
    (the person, not the record)

TheKindCromang said:
    What is the current value of Hap Palmer?
    (the person, not the record)

What is the sound of one hand clapping? Invaluable, I say.

b/w

Please PM and make a donation now.

Regards.

Parallax
    Vynylyst

• ZYTGYST

Are you make fun of my company? You need to come corretc! I've worked at Apple for a year...and a few other places.

Yes, the Flames are killin' it and Monahan is looking like the early Calder winner. But you still need to respect my credentials.

Please PM and make a donation now.

Regards.

Parallax
    Vynylyst

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Let it go guys. Don't hate on somebody for trying to do something they are passionate about, it's a bad look on your end. If you don't agree what they're doing ignore it.

Remember you guys brought him in, he was not soliciting us.

• your boy got butthurt when faced with constructive criticism and ethered hisself when he started (not) answering questions with unbridled passive aggressiveness. could be a nice guy in real life, but he definitely won't survive in teh intranets.