question for audio software heads

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
i have an m-audio mobile pre interface, and am currently using adobe audition 1.5 software. the problem is that everytime i click on the phantom power on my interface to record through the mic, i stop hearing audio on my computer. not on adobe, not when i play an mp3, and the only solution is restarting my computer. i checked my comp's volume settings, and nothing was muted or anything. i even checked in the control panel, and everything was fine. is there anything else i should check? or any other advice that may help? many thanks in advance.

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    you dont wannna be recording and listening to the playback on your monitors at the same time. mabye it switches to the headphone out automatically.

im asuming you are using the mobilepre as your sound card?

• you dont wannna be recording and listening to the playback on your monitors at the same time. mabye it switches to the headphone out automatically.

im asuming you are using the mobilepre as your sound card?

yeah, i'm using it as my soundcard. what you're saying makes sense, but i tried turning the volume knobs on my interface all the way down, but the same thing happened. any suggestions? good looks.

• b-sides, or anyone else, any suggestions?

• sounds like it might be a sound card driver issue.

I know there are some driver setups like ASIO that don't allow other audio sources to be played while another sound program is open. Check around the audio properties in the control panel and mess with the different driver options.

peas.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    There may be a setting that says "monitor while recording." I know SoundForge has an option to let you hear while recording, or just cut the sound out while recording.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    does your microphone actually need phantom power?

i have a mobile pre.. but no mics that require phantom so i can't really diagnose.