syria

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    motown67 said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Yes, it's tin foil hat until it goes into the history books 5 years down the road. The US has been doing this shit for centuries and it's all well documented. But just go ahead and keep letting that in-the-moment emotional propaganda drive your every milk dud opinion.

Don't give yourself so much credit. You know you don't care about history or the facts. All you care about is America is bad, everything is America's fault. In your world, the U.S. government is all powerful and can illegally bomb Libya and blow up a factory in Texas, but then suddenly can't bomb Syria. And remember, the Syrian war started 2 years ago and during the summer there was a report of chemical weapons used by the regime but it wasn't proven, so why has it taken so long for the U.S. to talk about bombing? And why aren't they bombing Syria right now then? It's because Obama is unpopular? You gotta step up your game.

Right, when America takes a dump in 500 of their neighbors' backyards in succession, I err on the side of them taking yet another dump. Not sure why I'm supposed to suddenly believe their blatant propaganda at this point in time.

And the US government being outright evil has nothing to do with me calling them evil. Their actions speak for themselves.

Harvey you know little about Syria. All you want to do is repeat your usual ranting about America. It's the same thing all the time in these types of threads regardless of what's going on.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    But what's going on now is exactly what me and all my crazies who pay attention to Bilderberg members when they speak/write have been saying is going to happen for over a year now. They took down Gaddafi and now they're aiming for Assad with 5 other nations in the Middle East/Northern Africa to follow. This isn't just a reaction by the US to a humanitarian concern over chemical weapons that the US produced in the first place. This shit has been planned for quite some time. Sheesh.

• HarveyCanal said:
    But what's going on now is exactly what me and all my crazies who pay attention to Bilderberg members when they speak/write have been saying is going to happen for over a year now. They took down Gaddafi and now they're aiming for Assad with 5 other nations in the Middle East/Northern Africa to follow. This isn't just a reaction by the US to a humanitarian concern over chemical weapons that the US produced in the first place. This shit has been planned for quite some time. Sheesh.

Well, the problem with that theory is that they on the verge of agreeing with the Putin plan, a plan that will pretty much guarantee Assad stays in power.

Horseleech said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Well, the problem with that theory is that they on the verge of agreeing with the Putin plan, a plan that will pretty much guarantee Assad stays in power.

Doesn't change the stated plan (not a theory). Just recognizes that Russia/China (and the American public) got too much in the way of some of those plans.

• hey sheeple, Syria is all about the trans humanists and their quest to create a scientific dictatorship:
    http://mobile.rawstory.com/therawstory/#!/entry/alex-jones-syria-diplomacy-a-plot-to-extinguish-humans-so,52308144da27f5d9d01ddf94

however, the biggest hurdle is getting it accomplished before the arrival of nibiru.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:

And of course they are both loved by the majority of the members here, especially those who don't post.

What a weird thing to say, Rock.

What's even more amazing is your schtick; being wrong in these political theads.

Romney winning? Wrong. I was wrong and happily admitted it

Rick Perry winning? Wrong. Complete bullshit. My only statement about Perry was that he would be the Republican nominee if he didn't make an ass of himself and the next day, in a debate, he thoroughly made an ass of himself.

Crimes committed in the so-called "IRS Scandal"? Wrong, 1) Civil rights laws that protect people from being discriminated against by the government
    2) The Hatch Act, which prevents civil servants from engaging in partisan political activity
    3) Perjury laws, which prevent people from lying to Congress
    The fact that they weren't charged doesn't mean laws weren't broken

How impeachment works? Wrong. This is a figment of your vivid imagination and inflated opinion of your all-knowing, mind reading, intellect.

I agree with everything Obama has done? Wrong. Prove me wrong, cut and paste where you disagreed with him.

Obama attacking Syria without Congressional approval? Wrong. More complete bullshit....I guess you need to learn what the word "if" means.

The list goes on and on and on. In your secret mind garden.

I can admit when I'm wrong...I did so this week and apologized to Motown for my mistake(s).

The plain fact is that you and LMJ are smarter than the rest of us so-called know-nothings.....just come to grips wit that fact and everything will be alright.

DeadgarHoover said:
    Rockadelic said:

Crimes committed in the so-called "IRS Scandal"? Wrong, 1) Civil rights laws that protect people from being discriminated against by the government
    2) The Hatch Act, which prevents civil servants from engaging in partisan political activity

That's such a gloriously wrong statement about what actually happened that I almost feel sorry for Wolfie for making my earlier comparison.

You have swallowed the Fox News/Issa version of events whole.

"Never mind that we now know that the IRS also targeted liberal groups, asked similarly intrusive questions of a lot of different kinds of groups, denied 501(c)4 status to only three groups (all progressives ones), that a self-described ???conservative Republican??? oversaw the office that handled the applications and that Republicans have been unable to tie the scandal to the White House."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2013/08/28/the-irs-scandal-was-the-best-thing-that-ever-happened-to-the-tea-party/

The Director of the IRS was 'forced to resign" why exactly?

b/w

The Plum Line
    Greg Sargent's take from a liberal perspective

DeadgarHoover said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Rick Perry winning? Wrong. Complete bullshit. My only statement about Perry was that he would be the Republican nominee if he didn't make an ass of himself and the next day, in a debate, he thoroughly made an ass of himself.

The plain fact is that you and LMJ are smarter than the rest of us so-called know-nothings.....just come to grips wit that fact and everything will be alright.

I'm smart enough to remember what you said better than you do.

If you put a gun to my head right now and made me guess who our next president will be I'd definitely say his initials will be RP.
    http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/71126/P20/

That's on page 2 in the thread. Nothing about "ass." But pretend you were talking about Ron Paul...

Except that on page 3 in that thread you said:

There are very few politicians that I despise more than Rick Perry. I've stood next to him and he just oozes sleaze and smugness. Some of the things he's done and/or tried to do here in Texas are possibly criminal(see Gardasil). Some of the stories that have flowed in Austin about him are mind boggling and if even half of them are true this dude is scum of the earth.

That being said....

I just came back from a road trip through Arkansas, Oklahoma and Missouri. These people wouldn't vote for either Bachmann or Romney. When folks found out I was from Texas they wanted to talk about Perry...they seem to love him. I tried telling them he was a pretty face and not much more but they didn't buy it. In my estimation these kind of folks represent a fairly big chunk of the country. (Yeah, I know, they're dumb hillbillies....their votes still count as much as yours).

The very sad truth is that he's good looking, has good hair, has a "tough" persona and is a "good christian"...those things alone go a long way in our society. Unless the R's come up with someone besides MB or MR I'm afraid he'll get the nod.

If there was a candidate that had Perry's physical characteristics and Ron Paul's philosophy the Republicans would have no choice but to nominate them.

Ron Paul comes across like the Junior High substitute teacher that got beat up after school....that's not gonna cut it for the average conservative.

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/71126/P40/

Again, nothing about "ass."

Then there was this gem:

bushperry.jpeg

A good part of the country, including a percentage of the Independents that voted for Obama, would prefer this over what they have now.

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/71126/P60/

Found this as a bonus, where you said Romney would not be the candidate:

LaserWolf - 26 August 2011 08:22 PM
    Let's stop talking about Paul. For one thing, Rockadelic has assured us he is not running for president, for another, if we are going to bash Presidential candidates lets bash Romney. The guy Saba supported 4 years ago.

It's so hard to keep from calling you an idiot.

I did say he would not be the Republican candidate.....care to bet on that?

You did finally say what you said you said:

Tonight our Governor Rick Perry will either make or break his campaign.

There is a better than zero chance he will come across like a complete babbling idiot that is in way over his head.

If he somehow doesn't, he is the solid frontrunner for the Rep nomination.

The buzz I'm hearing is the Reps who pull the strings feel that a Perry/Rubio ticket would be unbeatable.

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/71126/P240/

You just could not possibly be more wrong about it being all you said.

I'm sure you will now back away from that claim with grace...

RIF

• rootlesscosmo said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

why in the fuck to people think Obama wants to bomb Syria? What in his history as president supports this theory? He went to congress, knowing they'd reject authorization, so that he could throw up his hands and say it isn't his fault (while secretly sighing in relief that congress didn't call his bluff). He doesn't want to bomb anyone. He's a pussy.

seriously please someone help me out here.

why is this debate framed as "Obama wants to go to war; here's why we should or shouldn't"??!??

I see no enthusiasm whatsoever from Obama.

he ignored the butchery for 2 yrs, was shamed by a massive gas attack into finally saying something, has been saved from having to act by a feckless congress, will now sheepishly retreat.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I don't know bro but it probably has something to do with roc said two years ago or lmk wouldn't be wasting so much time on it

Hey, if you choose to ignore 50-eleven thousand news reports from the last couple weeks addressing how the White House is trying all they can to work around Congress on this, then how are we going to convince you?

Even establishment polls are saying 60% of the American public does not want Congress to approve a strike on Syria. About the same number or more disapprove of the way Obama is handling the situation.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    DeadgarHoover said:

It's funny how none of these deep thinkers who think we're doppelgangers have noticed that we have different opinions about an action in Syria.

:comedy_gold:

Yeah, these know-nothings aren't too bright.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I was unable to derive LMJ's opinion on this matter in between all the posts attacking rock

DeadgarHoover said:
    Rockadelic said:
    DeadgarHoover said:
    Rockadelic said:

That's such a gloriously wrong statement about what actually happened that I almost feel sorry for Wolfie for making my earlier comparison.

You have swallowed the Fox News/Issa version of events whole.

"Never mind that we now know that the IRS also targeted liberal groups, asked similarly intrusive questions of a lot of different kinds of groups, denied 501(c)4 status to only three groups (all progressives ones), that a self-described ???conservative Republican??? oversaw the office that handled the applications and that Republicans have been unable to tie the scandal to the White House."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2013/08/28/the-irs-scandal-was-the-best-thing-that-ever-happened-to-the-tea-party/

Pure politics. There was no crime committed. Bogus scandals have cost plenty of other people positions. Just ask Van Jones.

People applied for tax exemptions, both liberals and conservatives.

They were investigated. No conservative groups were denied the exemptions, though as I understand the law a lot of them should have been.

Some liberal groups were denied. More should have been.

Seriously, your claim that "Civil Rights laws" were violated is one of the funniest things I've ever read here. If you'd claimed FDA regulations had been broken it would not have been any more ridiculous.

Here is what Eric Holder and the acting IRS Commissioner had to say....this investigaion is not yet completed......so you're stating nothing but speculation and hope at this point....and the two "rogue agents" certainly broke the law with their actions.

The FBI is investigating potential civil rights violations at the Internal Revenue Service after the agency acknowledged the agency had singled out conservative groups for extra scrutiny, Attorney General Eric Holder said Wednesday.

RS chief Steven Miller says agency lacked sensitivity in screenings Other potential crimes include making false statements to authorities and violating the Hatch Act, which prohibits federal employees from engaging in some partisan political activities, Holder said.

"I can assure you and the American people that we will take a dispassionate view of this," Holder told the House Judiciary Committee at a hearing Wednesday. "This will not be about parties, this will not be about ideological persuasions. Anybody who has broken the law will be held accountable."

But, Holder said, it will take time to determine if there was criminal wrongdoing.

And the IRS acting commissioner blamed the targeting of conservatives on what he described as two rogue agents in Ohio.

PatrickCrazy said:
    I was unable to derive LMJ's opinion on this matter in between all the posts attacking rock

Dude...I'm white AND in Texas...how can he NOT attack me?

• HarveyCanal said:
    Hey, if you choose to ignore 50-eleven thousand news reports from the last couple weeks addressing how the White House is trying all they can to work around Congress on this, then how are we going to convince you?

where are these reports? Seriously how is Obama "working around Congress on this?" By asking for Congress' approval to carry out airstrikes? I don't get it.

this idea that Obama wants to bomb -- and will do whatever it takes to do it -- is not only wrong, it's actually *backwards.* I see a president who has been reluctant for 2 yrs to get involved in Syria, was shamed into action by massive civilian suffering, but who has nonetheless found a way to continue to avoid getting involved while saving face: by dishing the ball to a reluctant congress.

Rockadelic said:

Oooh, let's ask him, since you're so eager to cite his words on this issue.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/obama-irs-scandal_n_3281673.html

May 15, 2013

The internal message to IRS Employees from Acting IRS Commissioner Steven T. Miller

It is with regret that I will be departing from the IRS as my acting assignment ends in early June. This has been an incredibly difficult time for the IRS given the events of the past few days, and there is a strong and immediate need to restore public trust in the nation???s tax agency. I believe the Service will benefit from having a new Acting Commissioner in place during this challenging period. As I wrap up my time at the IRS, I will be focused on an orderly transition.

While I recognize that much work needs to be done to restore faith in the IRS, I don???t want anyone to lose sight of the fact that the IRS is comprised of incredibly dedicated and hard-working public servants. During my 25-year IRS career, I am profoundly proud to have worked alongside you and to be part of an institution that has worked hard to support the nation. I have strong confidence in the IRS leadership team to continue the important work of our agency.

I want to thank everyone for all of their support and friendship during my career in government service. And I especially want to thank each and every one of you for your continued commitment to the nation???s taxpayers.

Steve

It's true. People do resign for reasons other than they have committed crimes.

Here we are, 4 months later from his resignation, and the number of people indicted in this so-called "scandal" stands at an astronomical zero.

But, the indictments are coming, right?

He was pressured to even concede that he needed Congressional approval. That's why Rand Paul was giving Kerrey all that shit and the New York Times/CNN has been out polling the public to see if we think Obama needs Congressional approval (a resounding yes was the result). Yet the White House still managed to make a statement on Monday that they're still considering striking even with Congressional disapproval at hand and they're now trying to pass some resolution that says they can subvert Congress on such a thing whenever the fuck they feel like it. Total dirtbags in this administration (like all others). Of course I don't know how you've missed any of that only reading from pro-Israeli news sources..lol.

• HarveyCanal said:
    He was pressured to even concede that he needed Congressional approval. That's why Rand Paul was giving Kerrey all that shit and the New York Times/CNN has been out polling the public to see if we think Obama needs Congressional approval (a resounding yes was the result). Yet the White House still managed to make a statement on Monday that they're still considering striking even with Congressional disapproval at hand and they're now trying to pass some resolution that says they can subvert Congress on such a thing whenever the fuck they feel like it. Total dirtbags in this administration (like all others). Of course I don't know how you've missed any of that only reading from pro-Israeli news sources..lol.

you couldn't resist dragging Israel into this conversation; shocker.

rootlesscosmo said:
    HarveyCanal said:

As if the Israeli lobby isn't begging Obama to attack.

And that's not a judgement (I don't blame Israelis for hating Assad), just a fact we both should be comfortable accepting.

HarveyCanal said:
    Yet the White House still managed to make a statement on Monday that they're still considering striking even with Congressional disapproval at hand and they're now trying to pass some resolution that says they can subvert Congress on such a thing whenever the fuck they feel like it.

You think that the administration is trying to get Congress to pass a resolution that says the adminstration can ignore Congressional denial of military action?

LOL, indeed.

Bon Vivant said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Yet the White House still managed to make a statement on Monday that they're still considering striking even with Congressional disapproval at hand and they're now trying to pass some resolution that says they can subvert Congress on such a thing whenever the fuck they feel like it.

You think that the administration is trying to get Congress to pass a resolution that says the adminsitration can ignore Congressional denial of military action?

LOL, indeed.

Whatever the mechanics, the are openly scrambling to find a legal way to ignore Congress, yes.

• HarveyCanal said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    HarveyCanal said:

As if the Israeli lobby isn't begging Obama to attack.

And that's not a judgement (I don't blame Israelis for hating Assad), just a fact we both should be comfortable accepting.

The timing is essential: the Israeli lobby mounted an effort in support of limited airstrikes *only after* Obama proclaimed his (in my opinion disingenuous) intention to seek Congressional approval for such an attack.

And the reason is clear: When the US is perceived as waffling/weak, etc., that does huge damage to Israel's deterrent capability. Like, mortal damage. (The implications are greater vis-a-vis Iran than Syria). Sad but true.

So once Obama put his ass on the table, it was absolutely in Israel's interest to see the threat backed up credibly; so Israel's friends in the US mobilized to mount congressional support. a fact I am absolutely "comfortable" with.

HarveyCanal said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    HarveyCanal said:

You think that the administration is trying to get Congress to pass a resolution that says the adminsitration can ignore Congressional denial of military action?

LOL, indeed.

Whatever the mechanics, the are openly scrambling to find a legal way to ignore Congress, yes.

No, it's not whatever. You made a specific claim. A claim about a Congressional resolution. A Congressional resolution whereby Congress tells the President he can ignore them and the Constitution. A claim that you bizarrely think has merit.

Enough merit, that you posted it here.

LOL, indeed.

DeadgarHoover said:
    Rockadelic said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

Dude...I'm white AND in Texas...how can he NOT attack me?

Wait, what?

Now I hate white people?

Are you high?

DeadgarHoover said:
    You once wrote with a "straight face" that Texas was the best place in the country to raise a child.

Oh, wait, maybe that was a "white face." My bad

Here is what Eric Holder and the acting IRS Commissioner had to say....this investigaion is not yet completed......so you're stating nothing but speculation and hope at this point....and the two "rogue agents" certainly broke the law with their actions.

[i]The FBI is investigating potential civil rights violations at the Internal Revenue Service after the agency acknowledged the agency had singled out conservative groups for extra scrutiny, Attorney General Eric Holder said Wednesday.

That was in May.

Nothing of any criminal nature has turned up.

Your approach to these discussions is fundamentally dishonest.

In Rockville 2 months mysteriously morph into "the next day" because facts don't matter to you. In Rockville multiple statements about Perry cease to exist and become only one statement.

The investigation has been "delayed".....what exactly did the "Rogue IRS workers" actually do if it wasn't break the law?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Let's talk about Syria.
    Let's talk about the administration.

Did anyone listen to Obama last night?
    Did a great job of laying out the situation and the options he wishes to pursue.

Right now the word is, let CW inspectors secure Assad's CW.
    I know this is absolutely nothing like Iraq, but I can't help to think back to when we had to attack because inspectors found no WMD.

I think the current plan is disingenuous.
    They want Assad to turn his CWs over to the OPCW.
    But they have already dismissed the OPCW's report on the weapons attack. And it hasn't even been released yet.
    Now the organization who they don't trust to investigate the weapons attack they want to be in charge of Assad's weapons?
    Does not sound honest to me.

What does Obama want?
    What do his advisers want?
    I think their first plan was to launch a few cruise missiles and say 'see, we punished him for his misdeeds'.
    This works for most presidents most of the time.
    But the national debate heated up fast.
    Now we need a mission, a strategy and defined out comes, not to mention congressional approval.

I don't think Obama wants any kind of war with Syria.
    If he did he would have taken sides and gotten involved 2 years ago.
    I think Motown will agree that Syria is a multi-ethnic, multi-religious, cluster fuck and they only thing holding it together is the oppressive, brutal, Assad regime.

I wonder, did Obama play Rs in Congress for fools by agreeing to ask for their support, forcing them to either accept Assad's CW attacks, or call for all out war (1st most reps, 2nd the McCain camp) and finally having them side with Russia.

I think much of the public is going to think Obama made the call for "humanitarian" action, and the Rs sided with Russia and Assad.

• DeadgarHoover said:
    http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/fox-news-hosts-suggests-syria-conflict-will-

"Fox News anchor Neil Cavuto on Monday devoted an entire segment to the possibility that a United States attack on Syria could be a sign of the End Times, a period in which Christians believe that Jesus Christ will return to face the emergence of the Antichrist.

"This Syria stuff is way old," Cavuto explained. "I mean Old Testament old. That's how old I'm talking about. Don't laugh. Some biblical scholars say it's all there in black and white."

The Fox News host invited author Joel Rosenberg to weigh in on the link between the Syrian conflict and the Bible passages, which he said were "uncanny" and "kind of scary."

"These are prophecies more than 2,700 years old, some of them, but they have not actually been fulfilled," Rosenberg said. "But this prophecy, as you just pointed out, talks about the complete and utter destruction of Damascus. That's an End Times or eschatological prophecy."

"It's a very sobering thought to think that a judgment of a city or a country could happen in which an entire city could be wiped out, but that is, in fact, what the Bible is predicting," he added. "I think it's wrong for people who teach Bible prophecies to guess -- I mean, in a sense try to say for certain it's going to happen now."

"But you have 7 million Syrians that are already on the run, 2 million have left the country, 5 million are internally displaced. That Jeremiah 49 prophecy says that people will flee, but there will still be people in Damascus when the prophecy happens. So, the bottom line is that we don't know if these two prophecies -- Isaiah 17 and Jeremiah 49 -- will happen in our lifetime or soon, but they could because they haven't happened yet."

"Amazing," the Fox News host observed. "It's in in there. It's worth a read."

Cavuto and Rosenberg did not speculate if one of the current world leaders could be the Antichrist at the time of Christ's Second Coming."

But if one is, you know he'll have, um, like a really dark tan.

It's not just Fox News reporting that. More serious news outlets, such as Britain's Channel 4 just released a documentary about Syria and the end times.

Even though it all sounds crazy, this is important because al lot of people actually believe in all these prophecies!

Check the documentary: