Voodoo Funk™

1456810

  Comments


  • parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    View / Hide ??? Stop ignoring GatorToof
    A post is hidden because GatorToof is being ignored.

    I'm sorry...did you say something?

  • GatorToofGatorToof 582 Posts
    That's right, disregard me.

  • ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    :nagl:

  • SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    parallax said:
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    ppadilha said:
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    All I did was ask dude if he did anything for the poverty in Africa and comes back with some meth insult?

    plaese to list the things you have done for the poverty in America.

    Served food to the homeless everyday for 4 and a half months. DJed New Years at a homeless shelter for free.

    EX, how can you ask the dude what he's doing about the poverty in Africa?!?

    I admire what you've gone through as a former user and all, and I think the potshots people have taken about what appears to have been your lowest point is a terrible look, but asking the man what he's done for poverty in Africa is a retarded question. The man has unearthed musical gems that the entire world, including Africa, has forgotten or never heard in the first place. And in the process, he has at times tracked down musicians so they can tell their stories AND get paid/recognized. In that regard, he has, in a sense, PRESERVED parts of Africa's musical history, over-stated as that might sound.

    But hey, you DJ'd at a homeless shelter for free. So Frank is the douchebag here, right?

    GTFOHWTBS

    What's so retarded about it? I hear you on the fact that he's found some dope shit and paid artists. That's cool and shit but the way he comes off talking bout lawyers, trademarks and the whole thing with Boogie Trip just ruins it for me. If he donated some of his proceeds to poverty i would much more interested in his finds. Your right that was the worst time of my life. And I've been off it since 2008 so it is frustrating when someone just rubs it in my face. So yeah there's personal stuff too I admit.

  • FlomotionFlomotion 2,388 Posts
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    parallax said:
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    ppadilha said:
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    All I did was ask dude if he did anything for the poverty in Africa and comes back with some meth insult?

    plaese to list the things you have done for the poverty in America.

    Served food to the homeless everyday for 4 and a half months. DJed New Years at a homeless shelter for free.

    EX, how can you ask the dude what he's doing about the poverty in Africa?!?

    I admire what you've gone through as a former user and all, and I think the potshots people have taken about what appears to have been your lowest point is a terrible look, but asking the man what he's done for poverty in Africa is a retarded question. The man has unearthed musical gems that the entire world, including Africa, has forgotten or never heard in the first place. And in the process, he has at times tracked down musicians so they can tell their stories AND get paid/recognized. In that regard, he has, in a sense, PRESERVED parts of Africa's musical history, over-stated as that might sound.

    But hey, you DJ'd at a homeless shelter for free. So Frank is the douchebag here, right?

    GTFOHWTBS

    What's so retarded about it? I hear you on the fact that he's found some dope shit and paid artists. That's cool and shit but the way he comes off talking bout lawyers, trademarks and the whole thing with Boogie Trip just ruins it for me. If he donated some of his proceeds to poverty i would much more interested in his finds.

    Frank did his bit to help the people and community around him when he lived in Guinea. You hire people, you knowingly overpay wherever you go and whatever you do, you give handouts and you buy shit you don't need because it'll help someone who really fucking needs it. That is the essence of charity . Either buy Frank's comps or don't but getting mad about some imagined lack of humanitarianism is a waste of energy.

  • kalakala 3,348 Posts
    wow
    this thread has swilled into a clusterfuck of supermegadouche fucktard proportions.
    i now regret reading and posting in it.

  • markus71markus71 937 Posts
    I have been following this thread off and on.
    Honestly folks, regardless from who is right or wrong here, this thread is such a bad look that it almost made me wanna sell (or better yet, stamp them and give them away) my african comps because with all this in mind the music almost gets somewhat of a bitter taste to it.


    Just sayin

  • FrankFrank 2,437 Posts
    Someone who knowingly used my blog and label name in a fairly transparent act of provocation. Knowing how much the strut enjoys some public beefing and a predictable salmahayek moment, I started this thread which delivered pretty much exactly what I had anticipated. Until all these sozzys, gaturs and eggplants showed up. It's getting increasingly unpleasant having to communicate with such degenerate slime but I just hate owing anybody an answer:

    In regards to Eggplants suggestions I should help fight poverty in Africa: There are many misconceptions about Africa, one of them is that it needs us to help with it's supposed poverty. Africa doesn't need any charity, it needs time to get out of a pattern of kleptocratic governments that are being used by international corporations to steal the continents abundant resources from its people. As tragically fucked up as the situation is, this will not continue indefinitely, nothing ever does. Some of the worst shitholes on this earth once were home to the planet's most evolved cultures. History always continues and there isn't really any way around it that at some point, Europeans and Americans will sit on the ruins of their long lost prosperity while a union of African countries is going to run shit. These are the ways of the world.

    I don't know how many of you are still going around buying old records but let me assure you that I pay much better prices than what any of you are spending when you're "out in the field". It's also not only the money that is important. In the African mindset, old, used things are always inferior to what is new. Those who can afford it all want the newest smartphone, latest model car, big screen tv. When you have outsiders coming in and investigating things like old records that are generally considered to be useless and without value and throwing money around and employing people to find this shit then word spreads around like wildfire. Nobody who's heard that these old records are worth money is going to burn them as people have done in the past. Then you have young people getting interested in what these foreigners see in these records and what the music on them sounds like. One of my agents in Ghana now wants to become a DJ. I got him a laptop, a dj controller and he's booking his first gigs now. First club he walked into in Accra https://www.facebook.com/RepublicBarGH has print outs of cover scans on the walls, some of which he got from my blog and the owner recognizes my friend Ken from digging pictures he has seen on my blog. My main agent in Nigeria last year bought and renovated a house from the proceeds of his record sales.

    Not sure where this sozzy character comes from and unfortunately he seems unwilling to give up his anonymity to reveal how and when I supposedly hurt his feelings but I doubt it's all that interesting anyway. Yeah, I'm guilty, I often wear cotton shirts. When in the tropics (which is most of the time), I wear hats. I have a knack for hand tailored flip flops made of car tires and goat skin and my wife makes a shit ton of money while I haven't worked 9-5 in close to 18 years. I feel terrible about each single one of these features and the more often you repeat yourself, the worse it gets.

  • GatorToofGatorToof 582 Posts
    Why don't you just go buy some live shrimp for $3 a dozen and fish off your own dock instead of chartering a deep sea crew?

    Especially, if you are just doing it for the fish.

  • FrankFrank 2,437 Posts
    I could try to tell you but you wouldn't understand


  • pesce?

    STAY IN YOUR LANE

  • dammsdamms 704 Posts
    parallax said:

    If you hate Frank, chances are you hate yourself.
    I don't like his aggressivity and arrogance but I don't think I hate myself

  • RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Frank said:
    I could try to tell you but you wouldn't understand


    But, but, but that fish is bleeding....you hurted him....and then probably ate him too.

    The humanity!

    As soon as we outlaw and confiscate all guns we'll need to outlaw the bitch slap too!

  • FrankFrank 2,437 Posts
    Rockadelic said:


    But, but, but that fish is bleeding....you hurted him....and then probably ate him too.

    I cooked a coconut based fish stew with the head and the bones, pan fried the filets in coconut oil together with some crabs we had just dug out at the beach and served it all up with fried sweet plantains...

  • GatorToofGatorToof 582 Posts
    A delicacy.

  • DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,871 Posts
    Frank said:
    I could try to tell you but you wouldn't understand


    But does Frank give back to the fish community? Or does he just take fish for his own benefit.

  • SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    DOR said:
    Frank said:
    I could try to tell you but you wouldn't understand


    But does Frank give back to the fish community? Or does he just take fish for his own benefit.

    I DJ'd a party at an aquarium. Though, I was paid.

  • Snagglepus said:
    DOR said:
    Frank said:
    I could try to tell you but you wouldn't understand


    But does Frank give back to the fish community? Or does he just take fish for his own benefit.

    I DJ'd a party at an aquarium. Though, I was paid.

    I did that too before, DJ'd at the underwater hotel in Dubai.

  • For reals.

  • SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    DOR said:
    Frank said:
    I could try to tell you but you wouldn't understand


    But does Frank give back to the fish community? Or does he just take fish for his own benefit.

    How dare you question Frank's catch and release techniques you degenerate swine.

  • DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,871 Posts
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    DOR said:
    Frank said:
    I could try to tell you but you wouldn't understand


    But does Frank give back to the fish community? Or does he just take fish for his own benefit.

    How dare you question Frank's catch and release techniques you degenerate swine.

    Naw. I have zero problem with what Frank does or doesn't do. It's his life... Also, It's fucking ridiculous to even argue it on a board which is based on finding a tangible product for as cheap as possible for your own needs (Whether to sell, market or keep).

    Bringing up his wife is also a bad look IMO. I'm sure people are smart enough they don't need to go there to take a shot at him. It's weak (Once again IMO).

  • SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    DOR said:
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    DOR said:
    Frank said:
    I could try to tell you but you wouldn't understand


    But does Frank give back to the fish community? Or does he just take fish for his own benefit.

    How dare you question Frank's catch and release techniques you degenerate swine.

    Naw. I have zero problem with what Frank does or doesn't do. It's fucking ridiculous to even argue it on a board which is based on finding a tangible product for as cheap as possible for your own needs (Whether to sell, market or keep).

    How do you have zero problems with such an abrasive dick?

  • ...

  • rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    DOR said:
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    DOR said:
    Frank said:
    I could try to tell you but you wouldn't understand


    But does Frank give back to the fish community? Or does he just take fish for his own benefit.

    How dare you question Frank's catch and release techniques you degenerate swine.

    Naw. I have zero problem with what Frank does or doesn't do. It's fucking ridiculous to even argue it on a board which is based on finding a tangible product for as cheap as possible for your own needs (Whether to sell, market or keep).

    How do you have zero problems with such an abrasive dick?

    "why does the world not share in my infantile, confused e-beef against someone I've never met?!? what's going on here??!? I demand answers!!!"

  • DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,871 Posts
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    DOR said:
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    DOR said:
    Frank said:
    I could try to tell you but you wouldn't understand


    But does Frank give back to the fish community? Or does he just take fish for his own benefit.

    How dare you question Frank's catch and release techniques you degenerate swine.

    Naw. I have zero problem with what Frank does or doesn't do. It's fucking ridiculous to even argue it on a board which is based on finding a tangible product for as cheap as possible for your own needs (Whether to sell, market or keep).

    How do you have zero problems with such an abrasive dick?


    I must have missed the part where he was a dick to you personally. I mean, before you starting taking shots from the cheap seats.

    There may be people in this thread that have a legitimate beef with Frank (And vice versa). While It's none of my business, I will check out what's posted on a public board. Doesn't mean it should allow me to attack either one of them with stupid shit like "What have you done for..."

    The argument is moot.

  • SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    DOR said:
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    DOR said:
    Frank said:
    I could try to tell you but you wouldn't understand


    But does Frank give back to the fish community? Or does he just take fish for his own benefit.

    How dare you question Frank's catch and release techniques you degenerate swine.

    Naw. I have zero problem with what Frank does or doesn't do. It's fucking ridiculous to even argue it on a board which is based on finding a tangible product for as cheap as possible for your own needs (Whether to sell, market or keep).

    How do you have zero problems with such an abrasive dick?

    "why does the world not share in my infantile, confused e-beef against someone I've never met?!? what's going on here??!? I demand answers!!!"

    Hahaa

  • rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    whats so funny

  • SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    whats so funny
    You hayeking because you have always had a problem with me.

  • knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    whats so funny
    You hayeking because you have always had a problem with me.

    dude. stop.

  • rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    whats so funny
    You hayeking because you have always had a problem with me.

    you're the meth dude, right? I'm not taking a shot at your struggles -- nor anyone else's addictions -- but that is honest-to-gosh the only mental association I have with you; I assure you. are you an alias for someone I've had beef with on here? do I know you in the real world? does anyone give a shit? do I?
Sign In or Register to comment.