DB Cooper - Dance Music for Desperate Moments

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited February 2013 in Strut Central
With all the EDM talk around here today, I thought I'd toss this up for y'all. It's a mix I put together a few years back for a friendly competition with a DJ friend who is, to be honest, a lot more into this type of EDM/dance punk/whatever-the-kids-are-calling-it-these-days stuff than I am. But in the end, I really like how it came out, and for the record, I won our little competition. PLEASE TO LISTEN AND WRITE LENGTHY CRITIQUES OF MY TECHNO DJ STYLES.

Seriously though, it's actually good, so don't let the word "techno" throw you off. Truth be told, I probably wouldn't listen to it either if I saw the word "techno", but it's not really like that.

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Prefer the punk-funk tracks. Some of those are really nice, but things like the first track in the mix I'm not feeling.
    But I guess this is clurb music, and if I was mashed off my tits would enjoy all of this

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Prefer the punk-funk tracks. Some of those are really nice, but things like the first track in the mix I'm not feeling.
    But I guess this is clurb music, and if I was mashed off my tits would enjoy all of this

Yeah, I'm pretty much in the same camp. We started with a pre-selected pool of tracks of his stuff, then I added a pool of !!! and that sort of thing, then had a dance-off mix-off. It's nice to get out of your trench once in a while and explore new things.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Imma down it and spin it in the monster truck on the way home ce soir.

J i m s t e r said:
    Imma down it and spin it in the monster truck on the way home ce soir.

Once done, please to critique my bass EQ, tanning styles, and if appropriate, pointing techniques.

EDIT: Side question: has the protracted, slow-motion trainwreck that is Jersey Shore been exported to the Eastern Isles?

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    weren't they going to do something like Geordie Shore with chavs and whatnot?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Side question: has the protracted, slow-motion trainwreck that is Jersey Shore been exported to the Eastern Isles?

Of course. We are like, just a couple of weeks behind you in the televisual excrement stakes these days. We even had our own version, set in the NE, called Geordie Shore. [some people from that area, Newcastle specifically, are known as Geordies]

Geordie Shore with chavs

I think you'd struggle to find anyone chavvier than them, as they are.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts

DB_Cooper said:
    Side question: has the protracted, slow-motion trainwreck that is Jersey Shore been exported to the Eastern Isles?

Of course. We are like, just a couple of weeks behind you in the televisual excrement stakes these days. We even had our own version, set in the NE, called Geordie Shore. [some people from that area, Newcastle specifically, are known as Geordies]

Geordie Shore with chavs

Oof! The first episode of a South Boston-based version of this formula aired recently. I haven't seen it, but I have been assured it reflects terribly on the city. For the record, I grew up on the east side, separated by the harbor from Southie. Although there are far more similarities between Eastie and Southie than there are differences.

• THIS GOES.

get faded and have fun. it's friday. good for getting ready to. take a beer into the shower with you after work and start this mix. it should give you roughly 56 minutes to get that hair into a state people will turn into legend.

• DB_Cooper said:

Geordie Shore with chavs

Oof! The first episode of a South Boston-based version of this formula aired recently. I haven't seen it, but I have been assured it reflects terribly on the city. For the record, I grew up on the east side, separated by the harbor from Southie. Although there are far more similarities between Eastie and Southie than there are differences.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I'm going to need a repost of that photo of you drinking a 40 while playing bones to counterbalance this Night at the Roxbury mix of yours.

• can't see this right now. what are the search parameters so i can look this up and iJam it?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:

Geordie Shore with chavs

Southie Rules was the worst reality-scripted piece of crap I've ever watched. AND they gave this foo subtitles and I'm still wondering why, cuz everything he said was pretty intelligible, often smarter than what everyone else said.

The-gaffler said:
    can't see this right now. what are the search parameters so i can look this up and iJam it?

Searching "DJ D.B. Cooper" on soundcloud should do it. My first go on the soundcloud. Not bad. Not feeling super excited to go exploring on there either though.

HarveyCanal said:
    I'm going to need a repost of that photo of you drinking a 40 while playing bones to counterbalance this Night at the Roxbury mix of yours.

I am somewhat multifarious. A man for all seasons, if you will.

DB_Cooper said:

Side competition: tell me how drunk I am in each of these four pictures. The first one to get it right gets sent free sealed rare random rap records from the late eighties. I will even ship internationally. The options are:

Sober
    Slightly buzzed
    Quite buzzed
    Moderately drunk
    Mostly in the bag
    Absolutely hammered

Good luck!

• Feelin this mane. Thumbs up!

DB, here's somethin to tickle your clurb ear.
    http://soundcloud.com/stackswell-1/livin-after-midnight

vintageinfants said:
    get that hair into a state people will turn into legend.

The greatest trick the devil ever played was coiffing a mane luscious enough to entrance the masses.

I think that's from the Bible.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:

lovely hair coat :real_headz:

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:

Side competition: tell me how drunk I am in each of these four pictures. The first one to get it right gets sent free sealed rare random rap records from the late eighties. I will even ship internationally. The options are:

Sober
    Slightly buzzed
    Quite buzzed
    Moderately drunk
    Mostly in the bag
    Absolutely hammered

Good luck!

1) Slightly Buzzed
    2) moderately drunk
    3) absolutely hammered
    4) moderately drunk

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts