******DEODATOFF September 13 BEATZ VOTE HERE!!!*********

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited January 2013 in Strut Central
Hi everybody,
Again, we have a spirited contest in the making! Some really good tracks here and I hope you listen to all of them, enjoy! Vote for the one you think is best using Deodato's-September 13 by NEXT WED 1/9/13!

November 13

Caribbean 13th

Persuadin' Until the 13th

Did It Off

Deo Struttin'

13 Gun Salute

Neo Geo Deo

Listen to all the contestants and make your vote!

Comments

• 13 Gun Salute!!!!!

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    Caribbean 13th!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Holy 1990s!

• Where's the submissions at?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    1. 13 Gun Salute
    2. Did It Off
    3. Persuadin' Until the 13th
    4. Caribbean 13th

Great job, y'all. This is now my favorite Soulstrut feature. Please keep it up.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    1. 13 Gun Salute
    2. Did It Off

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

Great job, y'all. This is now my favorite Soulstrut feature. Please keep it up.

I just listened to them all, but I want to go back and listen again before I vote. Lots of great work in here, though--plenty of, "Oh, damn, they really flipped it right there" moments.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Persuadin' Until The 13th is really good. There's a couple of others I liked too, but with that one, I was feeling the whole "flip it into a version of a different song" approach. I remember someone doing something like that on an earlier beat-off.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Persuadin' Until The 13th is really good. There's a couple of others I liked too, but with that one, I was feeling the whole "flip it into a version of a different song" approach. I remember someone doing something like that on an earlier beat-off.

Dude turned "Scorpio" into a version of "Vitamin C." That shit was amazing.

• oldnewsoul said:
    Where's the submissions at?

I'm only able to see 1-2 tracks when the page is opened. I refresh and still the same. Hard to make a judgement off that.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    oldnewsoul said:
    oldnewsoul said:
    Where's the submissions at?

I'm only able to see 1-2 tracks when the page is opened. I refresh and still the same. Hard to make a judgement off that.
    PM me and I can work out some hot direct action so you can decide!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    DocMcCoy said:

Yeah, that was the one. Unbelievable. This isn't quite as mindblowing as that one, but it was still pretty fresh.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Is there some Deodato/reggae back-story I am missing or is it just a fluke that two people went that direction?

btw - Did It Off

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Persuadin'' did it for me.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Hard choice. Loved both reggae versions, but "Neo Geo Deo'" is my choice by a hairbreadth, because it has that distinct Cymande flavour.

• bassie said:
    Is there some Deodato/reggae back-story I am missing or is it just a fluke that two people went that direction?

That was a cool surprise to hear.

These beats are awesome.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Carribean 13th under the assumption that the horns are actually from Deodato.

DJ_Enki said:
    DocMcCoy said:

That was the illest, most overlooked thing on the board last year.

• ost said:

Horn purity.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    well done everyone!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Voted Caribbean.
    Well done, everyone

Am I the only one that thinks these are some of the worst beat names ever.

Soulstrutters always have horrible beat titles

And bad sneakers taste

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    Am I the only one that thinks these are some of the worst beat names ever.

Soulstrutters always have horrible beat titles

And bad sneakers taste

start a contest to rename the beats.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Voting ends tomorrow (Wed.)!

• heat rocks

• i really liked four, but carib had to get the vote. siiiiiick

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I'ma find a way to vote for both 13 Gun Salute & Caribbean 13th.

the crazy cosmic reggae DEODATOFF gods have ruled it so.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    ost said:

the horns were from sept 13 by the way. i just took a small part, filtered the crud out of it and play it in chords on a keyboard with a tonne of reverb and delay.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    jammy said:
    ost said:

the horns were from sept 13 by the way. i just took a small part, filtered the crud out of it and play it in chords on a keyboard with a tonne of reverb and delay.

Good job.