setting the record straight

FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
edited December 2012 in Strut Central
After spending the weekend in the Caribbean I got back home and looked up that A****n thread from last week just to see that it was deleted. Good choice. Anyway, out of curiosity I looked up the cached version and stumbled across this little nugget:

Please do not pay much attention to frank. Dude is full of shit and his M.O. is as follows: Tags along with his wife to her exotic work locations. Spends time on online record forums "one upping" people with his euro bravado challenges. Spews tons of shit about how he is not attached to his collection and that people that are are weaker than him. Get this! He has never been scared walking around or dwelling in any area of an American city. Never scared because no where in America is dangerous.

Thats cool that your wife supports you and takes you to places where you can spend your workless days looking for records. You have armed guards that protect you so that you can where your tommy Bahama shirts and douchey stetson hats. Maybe take a photo with the guards gun to post on soulstrut! Ha. BTW nobody cares about that shitty funk night you had in Germany. Nobody.

Not sure whose alias this is but obviously someone feels the need to have a go at me anonymously which is not only an act of cowardice but also in very poor sportsmanship. Who is this hateful person? Why are you so angry? I couldn't help but notice the terrible English, do you come from abroad or from unfortunate circumstances?

In any case, you got most of your facts wrong.
It's always been my life's mission to shed light into the dark and to fight common ignorance so please allow me to take a few minutes out of my busy day and set you straight. Just so there's no more room for any future miscommunication :

I find it strange how and why you would claim to have any knowledge about in my economic situation and talk about me being "supported" by my wife but let me give it to you straight: Even if I would be on my own, I would be living a life of leisure without ever having to go back to holding down a day job. Imagine never having to do anything you don't want to do, not having to spend any time with things you don't deeply enjoy. That's my life.

After we spent over a decade dj-ing and promoting parties in NYC and Berlin, my wife decided to opt for a career opportunity that now allows her to go on foreign assignments all over the world. Which is an amazing thing for an adventurous and independent couple. But to me this can also be a dilemma of sorts: When you don't have a set work schedule it's very important to have something meaningful to do so you can keep yourself busy. This is why we try and pick locations tailored to my personal interests. First we went to West Africa so I could dig up tons (literally) of records. Next we moved to NYC so I could run some club nights and put out a bunch of re-issues.

Right now we reside in Costa Rica. I decided to take a break from the nightlife and to spend the next years working on a botanical collection of epiphytic orchids and bromeliads and getting into surfing. Costa Rica is the most ideal location for this. From where we live it's about a 2 hour drive to the Caribbean coast and 90 minutes to the Pacific. Our house sits in the mountains, surrounded by lush, tropical vegetation. We have a vast, park like garden that is surrounded by two creeks. Wild orchids grow in our trees and we enjoy preparing daiquiris with vintage, local rum, estate grown guavas and a rare species of mandarin limes. We can overlook the central valley and no less than two volcanoes right from our hammocks.

Most days I just wear a T-shirt but when the occasion calls for something more elegant, it's hand tailored shirts made from Ivorian waxed cotton. No hats.

No guns or guards either, the picture you are referring to is relatively old and was made to illustrate a post on the now defunct limey deepfunk board. This photo was meant as a joke for those who share my sense of humor and to piss off those who don't. It worked so brilliantly that I even made it into a T-shirt.

Give me your address and I'll send you one.

Not sure why you bring up my old Funk night. I'm just assuming that with "Nobody" you are referring to yourself so dear Mr. Nobody, allow me to fill you in on my Funk night in Berlin:

The Soul Explosion for now 12 years has been the biggest, most successful and longest running Funk 45 night on the planet. This isn't my own assessment, this is what my friend Mr. Finewine said when I once had him over as a guest dj and he has pretty much played every other big Funk night there is or ever was and pretty much all other djs from out of town had similar things to say when visiting over the years. My friend Mark who runs the Soul Explosion nowadays flew me out for the 12th anniversary and they had close to 1.000 people dancing their asses off until around 7 am. I was amazed how this night could still be going so strong after all these years. It's not my night anymore, I had subleased it when I moved to Africa and later sold all rights to the brand. It was the Soul Explosion that had funded my 3 year long record digging road trip all over West Africa and thus was one of the main reasons why I will never have to work again.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    spend the next years working on a botanical collection of epiphytic orchids and bromeliads and getting into surfing.

To ride on your wave for awhile, I did rock two voodoo-funk 45's side by side this weekend at a dj set to my dismay.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Bescheidenheit ist eine Zier, doch weiter kommt man ohne ihr. ;-)

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    RizzleDizzle is from Brooklyn.... if that helps.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    finelikewine said:
    Bescheidenheit ist eine Zier, doch weiter kommt man ohne ihr. ;-)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Frank u dont have to prove shit. Youve earned you medals. Keep It Movin'.

• You know, Frank, they make those meshed summer weight kangols in nice
    tropical colors. The Costa Rican sun isn't frying your dome? Please to pm, I'll take all those
    sixties print shirts if you've moved on to fancier fashions...

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    Frank said:
    I couldn't help but notice the terrible English
    Even if I would be on my own, I would live

• RAJ said:

Duh, I'm slow. RapeDonkeys, right?

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Herm said:
    RAJ said:

Duh, I'm slow. RapeDonkeys, right?
    No. Rape_Didonks is less political and writes better.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Frank said:
    Who is this hateful person? Why are you so angry?
    not for nothing frank, but you really came at Adrian with just as much venom.

RAJ said:
    RizzockaDizzelic?

• RAJ said:

fauxy?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Delay said:
    Frank said:

Ahahah... this butt is 100% pain free, I had my tongue planted firmly in cheek while typing this. As far as Adrian goes, his label stole serious money from a friend of mine by submitting falsified sales numbers and he then tried to be cute about it as if fucking over a small independent record label would be a thing to be proud of... I have a very long memory for things like these.

As far as rizzdizzle goes, I don't have a problem with people talking shit about me as long as they call me out for being the arrogant prick that I am. Just don't make shit up like accusing me of scrounging off my wife. That's totally missing my actual character defects which are being an ruthless, brazen, and relentless son of a bitch when it comes down to business.

All the guesses above are way off. Faux has much better wording and grammar and Rapedonkey is a personal friend.

Frank said:
    Ahahah... this butt is 100% pain free, I had my tongue planted firmly in cheek while typing this.
    Oh my.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    james said:
    Frank said:
    Ahahah... this butt is 100% pain free, I had my tongue planted firmly in cheek while typing this.
    Oh my.

Oh yours?

HarveyCanal said:
    james said:
    Frank said:
    Oh my.

Oh yours?
    Oh, behave.

Hey, Harvey, I have a question I've been meaning to ask you, and since this thread is kinda nowheresville, I might as well do it here: A while back, you suggested some particular brand of bean for use in red beans and rice--what was it? Camilla? Carmelita? Something like that? I already cooked my shit the other night (it was just okay), but I'd like to know for next time.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    james said:
    RAJ said:
    RizzockaDizzelic?

Really?

b/w

Really?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Rockadelic said:
    james said:
    RAJ said:
    RizzockaDizzelic?

Really?

b/w

Really?
    Don't turn your back on your heritage, Rock--don't go out like Peabo "I'm Not From Greenville" Bryson.

Plus, your fondness for internet melodrama has been well established.

b/w

"It's not just a river in Egypt"

b/b/w

No, not really.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    james said:
    Rockadelic said:
    james said:
    RAJ said:
    RizzockaDizzelic?

Really?

b/w

Really?
    Don't turn your back on your heritage, Rock--don't go out like Peabo "I'm Not From Greenville" Bryson.

Plus, your fondness for internet melodrama has been well established.

b/w

"It's not just a river in Egypt"

My Mother-In-Law used to say "I'm from Italy but NOT Southern Italy"........"I'm from Brooklyn, but I sure as shit am NOT from Williamsburg"

b/w

I'm really only insulted that you would suggest I would use that Rizzle shit....besides, I respect the fuck out of Frank.

HarveyCanal said:
    That's them--thanks!

b/w

You heard it here first: Hot new band called the Certain Cancers. They're from Brooklyn. Dudes should check 'em out.

b/b/w

Frank(s) and beans?

• So, the Adrian thread has been deleted?
    can we do the same with this thread for being pathetic?

NOwhereville is a great word. I??ll include that in my grammar.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Not that people should be all up in other peoples biz.

But I dislike deleting threads immensely.

Relevant posts should have been deleted. But fuck deleting whole threads.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    RE: Daze vs Iron Monkey, I had this vid ready to throw down, but I'm not even sure this guy could do the salted beef justice. Sunday was EPIC.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    where your tommy Bahama?

• rapedonkey is a personal friend....quote of the year.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Frank said:
    Delay said:
    Frank said:

Ahahah... this butt is 100% pain free, I had my tongue planted firmly in cheek while typing this. As far as Adrian goes, his label stole serious money from a friend of mine by submitting falsified sales numbers and he then tried to be cute about it as if fucking over a small independent record label would be a thing to be proud of... I have a very long memory for things like these.

As far as rizzdizzle goes, I don't have a problem with people talking shit about me as long as they call me out for being the arrogant prick that I am. Just don't make shit up like accusing me of scrounging off my wife. That's totally missing my actual character defects which are being an ruthless, brazen, and relentless son of a bitch when it comes down to business.

All the guesses above are way off. Faux has much better wording and grammar and Rapedonkey is a personal friend.

yeah but frank... you came out of your face to badmouth someone you dont even know, on someone else's personal beef shit...

it's kind of bizarre how hard you go on this shit. you diss yourself by flexing so tough.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    I thought the snipe about his tattooing was the lowpoint.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    james said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    That's them--thanks!

b/w

You heard it here first: Hot new band called the Certain Cancers. They're from Brooklyn. Dudes should check 'em out.

b/b/w

Frank(s) and beans?

While you're in a culinary mood, pls to comment on pizza pm.

• Don't turn your back on your heritage, Rock--don't go out like Peabo "I'm Not From Greenville" Bryson.

^^^^^^
    ????????????????
    I thought only people from Greenville knew about this!