hi

Joe RexJoe Rex 6 Posts
edited November 2012 in Strut Central
I'm from Mannheim, Germany, the city in which the special services band contest in '71 took place.
I'm lurking around here for a long time. I found some real interesting and good stuff here. And a lot of nonsense to annoy some friends with. Soulstrut really had a big influence on my taste in music. Hope that I can give something back. I'm into producing music and just put a drum kit in the attic. My project for the next days is to move all the equipment to the attic and do some noise damping stuff. I'm too broke, too lazy and too unskilled to do the room-in-room-thing. Maybe I'm just going on till the first neighbors get pissed. Would like to submit something to the mix off and beat off, but since my girlfriend left me last week I don't know if I can come up with something good in time.

:off_the_wall:
and I had to laugh when doing the human check in the registration. I know a lot of robots and strange creatures.

Comments

• Welcome!

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend leaving you. She sounds like a real Mannheim "steamroller"

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Woman trouble?
    Go smash up some furniture.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I got a section of drywall you can go to town on

• hahaha, yeah pretty much. I love the cover of the first Fresh Aire LP.

This destroy-the-couch-thread wasn't around last week. This week I'm into screwing together some new furniture.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    :hi:

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Joe Rex said:
    Would like to submit something to the mix off and beat off, but since my girlfriend left me last week.

perfect reason for a blazing downtempo track, put that emotion in that snare bruh'

• Hey there, its Feldman..................from across the hall. I figured I'd hop in on an already existing welcome thread.

I'm mid 20s from upstate NY, been collecting for about 5 years now, still pretty little dude compared to most here, but I've been lurkin for quite a while now. I believe I came across this site initially while trying to find out about some of the CBC/RCI releases, then I found myself ending up here again and again while lookin into other things I didn't know about, until visiting the site just became a daily occurrence. I definitely got into collecting from lookin for breaks and beats and all that, which is a habit I still haven't really shook, but I have also mostly moved past buyin every dollar bin turd lookin for loops (mostly). There is still a ton I don't know, and just searching back through old threads has schooled me on so much, but hopefully I can contribute here and there when I have something useful to add in. What pushed me into joining was was making a purchase from a set sale (big thanks to willie dynamite, dude hooked it up!!!). I'm sure it won't be my last purchase from the site.

As for the questions, I gotta go with Off The Wall, and for a side dish, I'll take all the biscuits they have under the hot lamp and a side of mashed potatoes.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Feldman said:
    Hey there, its Feldman..................from across the hall. I figured I'd hop in on an already existing welcome thread.

I'm mid 20s from upstate NY, been collecting for about 5 years now, still pretty little dude compared to most here, but I've been lurkin for quite a while now. I believe I came across this site initially while trying to find out about some of the CBC/RCI releases, then I found myself ending up here again and again while lookin into other things I didn't know about, until visiting the site just became a daily occurrence. I definitely got into collecting from lookin for breaks and beats and all that, which is a habit I still haven't really shook, but I have also mostly moved past buyin every dollar bin turd lookin for loops (mostly). There is still a ton I don't know, and just searching back through old threads has schooled me on so much, but hopefully I can contribute here and there when I have something useful to add in. What pushed me into joining was was making a purchase from a set sale (big thanks to willie dynamite, dude hooked it up!!!). I'm sure it won't be my last purchase from the site.

As for the questions, I gotta go with Off The Wall, and for a side dish, I'll take all the biscuits they have under the hot lamp and a side of mashed potatoes.

:tunes:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Joe Rex said:

This destroy-the-couch-thread wasn't around last week. This week I'm into screwing together some new furniture.

You should talk to Paycheck as he's reeeeaaallllyyy into screwing furniture.

• Another Germany Drummer, eh?

Alle hersteller und urheberrechte vorbehalten
    Nicht fur den offentlichen verkauf bestimmt

Plz translate

• welcome to the site doodz

Mannheim Steamroller is the shiz...sayin'

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    GatorToof said:
    Another Germany Drummer, eh?

Plz translate
    it means its a promo arschloch

• Burns said:
    Joe Rex said:
    Would like to submit something to the mix off and beat off, but since my girlfriend left me last week.

perfect reason for a blazing downtempo track, put that emotion in that snare bruh'

that was my first thought! heartbreak must be responsible for 75% of good music

welcome to youse both.

feldman...across the hall? fuck does that mean?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Welcome.

Seinfeld reference? in 2012?

• Ehh, I was drawing a blank for coming up with a user name. My go to in the past was to always look to the Sein for guidance, and old habits die hard I guess. Hope nobody is too bummed, and I'll try my hardest to keep future Seinfeld references to myself. Other than that....

• fejmelba said:
    GatorToof said:
    Another Germany Drummer, eh?

Plz translate
    it means its a promo arschloch

How awful.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    hello, I figured I would join this thread and introduce myself:

I'm Paulo, and I stumbled onto the site searching something about some record or another. Not a musician, just a small-time collector, mainly obsessed with african and brazilian music. I lived in NYC until last year, looking through the forum I realized I know some of the members, at least from going to their stores or hearing them DJ at different places. Last year I moved back to Brazil, down south to Porto Alegre. I guess I've already been indirectly influenced by this forum, but it's nice to be able to drink the kool-aid straight from the source.

and: OFF THE WALL

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Welcome