DEODATOFF-September 13-->PRELUDE TO A BEATOFF! WHO'S IN?!!

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited November 2012 in Strut Central
Hey everybody,
The winner of the last beatoff, kaster1202, has chosen Deodato-September 13 for the next beatoff!

*ALL BEATS DUE DECEMBER 5, 2012, 11:59 PM PACIFIC TIME
*CAN ONLY USE DEODATO-SEPTEMBER 13!
*BEATS WILL BE ANONYMOUS AND VOTED ON VIA SOULSTRUT POLL TO SEE WHO IS "KING OF THE BEATOFF."
*WINNER WILL CHOOSE THE NEXT SONG TO SAMPLE
*I (OR YOU) WILL POST THEM ON SOUNDCLOUD ASAP. PLEASE USE MP3 OR WAV FILES PREFERABLY. SHOOT FOR 2-4 MINUTES, IF YOUR SONG GOES OVER THAT, IT'S OK.
*I WILL SEND A REMINDER OUT IN THE DAYS BEFORE THE BEAT'S DUE TO REMIND FOOS, LET THEM KNOW ABOUT POSTING, AND WILL SEND PMs TO PARTICIPANTS
*DON'T STAMP OR NAME YOUR TRACK SOMETHING THAT TELLS PEOPLE WHO YOU ARE IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.

Who Is In
jammy
Meep
Controller_7
EkiM
Grandfather
cove
Beatsoup
Possum Tom
evolveone
D-amazin
aguaconsal
eleven
DJ_Enki*
Nizerachi

Throw your hat in the ring and let's get it going!
Peace
T.N.

Comments

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    count me in this time round. i tried my hand at the scorpioff but that was HARD. i think i will have more luck with deodato.

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    I'm in!

• I'll say yes, but 3 grad school classes, work, and non sleeping kids might say no. I'll try for sure.

• EkiMEkiM 40 Posts
    yes. In !

• YES

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    yes please

• Yeeep I'm in, I think I'll be able finish this one.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    sure why not

• yes sir

• not in but i think i have a bunch of copies of this record in my chud pile. if anyone needs 1 or 2 to pull this off, they are yours for the cost of shipping...

• [size=3]Hi, i'm new to the board. Enjoyed the Scorpio beatoff so if anyone can enter.........then i'm in!!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    [size=3]Hi, i'm new to the board. Enjoyed the Scorpio beatoff so if anyone can enter.........then i'm in!!
    Please introduce yourself to the board in another thread! You're in! Thanks!

• i'm gonna try one as well

• i would like to get in on this one if possible.

eleven, if you haven't done an intro thread, please do so, thanks!

• The_Non said:
    eleven, if you haven't done an intro thread, please do so, thanks!

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/73207/#1037990

We need all willing and able beatofferers on deck!

I gotta admit I'm getting beatoff joke fatigue :lol: :pasue:

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Definitely had a hard time with Scorpio.
    This one is already much more fun.

As always, can't wait to hear everyone's stuff!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'm tentatively in. Had a lot of fun doing the Scorpioff--it definitely pushed me out of my typical comfort zone, and that was very cool.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

just grabbed these two mufuckers out the deodato section haha, considering doing a live cut up cut back beatjug mix to seriously fuck with deo, bet it could be great fun, unfortunatly though, havent had both turntables plugged in for like 5 plus years, and havent been scratching on wax for like 10 haha, so will prolly settle for some sample chopping instead, no can tracks this time around though haha, also hopping that dejean and kaster will throw in some madness and join the party along with the other 100 beatheads of soulstrut, where u at... HOLLA!!!!!!

this deodatoff is turning out to be fun for me. how is everyone else going? i have the basic idea down but just need to arrange it into something interesting.

More foos should be piling on! This is a senioritis easy one!!!!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    seriously! this is good fun, we need more contestants!
    don't be shy.

Bring a turkey leg back to the lab on Thanksgiving and construct a Deodato inspired masterpiece.

i am having a hard time getting mine past the '16 bar good idea' stage. argh!

• same here.. haven't worked on mine in a minute because i got kind of bored and right now
    it looks like it's going to end up being exactly that.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    :slowburner:

• Yo, sign me up! Peace

FINISH UP THOSE BEATS BITCHES