Detroit Rapper Young Cartier says he's not a squatter

The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
edited September 2012 in Strut Central
File this up there with Mr Rub & Mrs Sis - this is gold (Benihana-r)

Watch the video:
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/19412732/2012/08/29/detroit-rapper-young-cartier-says-hes-not-a-squatter?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=7669406
DETROIT (MyFox Detroit) -- He is accused of squatting in a home and ripping it apart, taking anything and everything of value before the new owners could move in. Fox 2 spoke Wednesday to Clyde Burner, a.k.a. Young Cartier, the self-proclaimed rapper suspected of causing all the damage.

We first showed you the inside of a Detroit home on Five Points that had been completely stripped Tuesday night. The couple prepared to buy the home believe it was done by squatters. A notebook found inside the house led to Young Cartier.

He called Fox 2 and said he wanted to clear his name. He told us that he and his girlfriend are not squatters and he has money. That's the point he wanted to make. He said he has money.

"I never lived there. I was a visitor," he told Fox 2's Alexis Wile. "My girl land contracted a house. I was a visitor. I've got my own house," he replied. "My girl don't have to squat. Come on, why would we squat?"

She may have not needed to squat, but that's exactly what she was doing. No one should have been living in the home. It was officially listed on the market July 14 and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development accepted an offer from Ken and Lorna Spencer on July 21.

Young Cartier contends that when his girlfriend did move out, the home was in perfect condition, contrary to what video shows. He says his foot was crushed in a work accident and is on disability for life.

"We'll buy this house like it is right now, no furnace, no hot water tank... nothing. We can buy it," he added. "I'll buy it in front of Fox 2."

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/19412732/2012/08/29/detroit-rapper-young-cartier-says-hes-not-a-squatter

Comments