more northern soul outrageousness

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I agree, except it would never make it to the radio.

It fits perfectly into the Northern soul sound. With NS rarity trumps quality every time.
    They want stuff that sounds like Smokey and the Miracles, and they don't care that the songwriting, vocals and playing are lacking.

Which is ok. I am the same way with funk. None of those school bands, or rare 45s can touch James Brown or the Meters. (Unless it actually is JBs or the Meters backing some other singer.)

• I need Gymespuckey's job

• the_average_man said:
    Gymespuckey

Apparently this person likes to spend a lot of money on reggae too.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    I agree, except it would never make it to the radio.

It fits perfectly into the Northern soul sound. With NS rarity trumps quality every time.
    They want stuff that sounds like Smokey and the Miracles, and they don't care that the songwriting, vocals and playing are lacking.

Which is ok. I am the same way with funk. None of those school bands, or rare 45s can touch James Brown or the Meters. (Unless it actually is JBs or the Meters backing some other singer.)

Wow, whole lot to disagree with in this here post.

:oof:

Anyways, I'm not at all surprised by the final price. 60s group/northern from Chicago is arguably the deepest and most prized sub-genre in rare soul collecting. If a heretofore unknown 45 like that surfaces in 2011 you better believe the top 1%ers are going to go nuts on it. Whenever you see a 45 sell at these extreme crazy prices, its always the same 3 or 4 dudes hashing it out. The next copy will sell for $2500. Agreed on the relative tepidness though, and that's coming from someone who's really into soul music thats "lacking".