Mixtape Monday Mid-Season Report

coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
So I just wandered onto this on mtv.com...Is it possible that he didn't actually listen to most of the CDs he reviews? Where is the 'fanboy' graemlin?

On Young Jeezy:
Who besides Memphis Bleek can get Jay-Z to rap 32 bars on a song with him? Not to mention that MCs from Beanie Sigel and Fat Joe to T.I. and Trick Daddy have publicly said Jeezy is the new best thing in rap.
On Game:
...He proved that he was not just a spitter. Game is truly a special talent.
On Paul Wall:
The self-proclaimed "chick magnet" is smattering his endearing flow all over the place with guest appearances coming up with the likes of Kanye West and Juelz Santana.
On Mobb Deep:
And let's not forget that they always have beats from extended family member Alchemist cocked and loaded.
On D-Block:
The most lyrically inclined collective in hip-hop did what it always does ??? grind hard and deliver potent content.
On Papoose:
Pap's music is something that the game has sorely been missing...Somebody please give up the money and sign this kid to a major label.
http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/mixtape_monday/mid_05/index.jhtml

Comments

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    True this kid probably came up with some generic stuff but I am intrigued by the subliminal sexual innuendos...

he was not just a spitter

smattering his endearing flow all over the place

cocked and loaded.

grind hard and deliver potent content.

And on another note...

Pap's music is something that the game has sorely been missing...Somebody please give up the money and sign this kid to a major label.

PAP DAY?

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

smattering his endearing flow all over the place

In isolation, this is quite funny!

"Paul Wall gets real sloppy with his..."

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    So I just wandered onto this on mtv.com...Is it possible that he didn't actually listen to most of the CDs he reviews? Where is the 'fanboy' graemlin?