ceeFrenzy 3.0

pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
I just updated the ceeFrenzy iPhone app to version 3.0. It adds alpha forward/reverse search, some UI updates, and works on the iPad as a universal app.

Thing is someone left a review on the app store saying it crashes for them. I have no way of contacting them, and I can't reproduce any crash. Can some of you iPhone people update and let me know how it works for you? Thanks!

also if you are interested, I have been busy working on my latest project, GovConTrack. It's an iPhone/iPad app for tracking government contracts.

-pj

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    yeah, crashes on me when I hit the "top 25" button

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:

What OS version are you running?

The next time you sync your phone can you send me the logs in this folder:

??~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/DEVICE_NAME>

That'll tell me how its failing and why.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    pj4533 said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

What OS version are you running?

The next time you sync your phone can you send me the logs in this folder:

??~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/DEVICE_NAME>

That'll tell me how its failing and why.

will do

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Just been trying for a while and i can't reproduce any crash on 4.3.3 (iPod/iphone/iPad). I can't go backwards to 4.2.1 though.

Oh well....I'll keep an eye on it. If anyone else has problems or more details for me lemme know!

-pj

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Whilst I cannot update to 3.0 due to a complicated combination of factors that can be summed up as "my iPhone 1 is a piece of shit", it would be just plain wrong if I didn't chime in each time your glorious product is mentioned.

Thank you for saving me money on a regular basis, thank you for creating this physical manifestation of a record digger's wet dream, thank you good sir, thank you.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    nzshadow said:

Thank you for saving me money on a regular basis, thank you for creating this physical manifestation of a record digger's wet dream, thank you good sir, thank you.

even though the mobile link is great
    any thoughts on making this for android?

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    pcmr said:

even though the mobile link is great
    any thoughts on making this for android?

Just so you guys know, Darko is the real dude here. He is the one that made the website. I just wrote the iPhone/iPad version.

However, I'd work on an Android version as soon as someone gets me a device for development! Just hasn't been a high priority for me, since I don't use android. (Plus I have heard bad things about development on Android, but that is prob just talk).

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    the update works flawless on my 3GS with 4.3.1

thanks again for all of your hard work with this app!

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    any chance of developing a ceefenzy app for CDs instead of the vinyls?

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    cookbook said:
    the update works flawless on my 3GS with 4.3.1

thanks again for all of your hard work with this app!

Thanks man. Good to hear it works for you. I am assuming the problems people are having are unrelated to the app. I'll keep an eye out though. And please everyone feel free to send me crash reports, and I'll get to work on a fix immediately.

Re: CDs vs. Vinyl

That is really up to Darko. As for content it is really is up to what he wants to include on the website. For me personally, I like that it has a more narrow focus.

One feature I am toying with implementing is an automatic search-on-youtube feature. Basically, you search for an auction (or click on one from the top 25 list), and hit a button that brings up the results that match it on youtube, so you could listen to it. Obviously, this wouldn't be as much for "in the field" work with your iPhone, but rather when you are at home just doing research. Anyway, just one idea I am tossing around.

-pj

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    pj4533 said:
    Just been trying for a while and i can't reproduce any crash on 4.3.3 (iPod/iphone/iPad). I can't go backwards to 4.2.1 though.

Oh well....I'll keep an eye on it. If anyone else has problems or more details for me lemme know!

-pj

Agreed. Working great on 4.3.3 - Thanks!

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    It works fine for me with this update, no crashes. It used to crash before when hitting the top 25. Nice work, I use this almost daily!

Looks great on iPad as well. The search function seems to only work in horizontal mode.

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    gravelheadwrap said:
    It works fine for me with this update, no crashes. It used to crash before when hitting the top 25. Nice work, I use this almost daily!

Looks great on iPad as well. The search function seems to only work in horizontal mode.

yeah took a short cut there. laying out the pictures and everything got kinda complicated and i wanted to get the update released. I'll probably get portrait mode working on the iPad when i have some time. I figured most people would use the iPad in landscape anyway.

• pj4533 said:

One feature I am toying with implementing is an automatic search-on-youtube feature. Basically, you search for an auction (or click on one from the top 25 list), and hit a button that brings up the results that match it on youtube, so you could listen to it. Obviously, this wouldn't be as much for "in the field" work with your iPhone, but rather when you are at home just doing research. Anyway, just one idea I am tossing around.

-pj

Why not in the field? This feature works well on the iCrates app.

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Otis_Funkmeyer said:

Just meant personally, I'd be less likely to go searching youtube out in the field, probably just use my portable to listen to the record. But if I was at home looking at the top 25 list, it'd be nice to have a direct link to the video/sound.

I haven't really looked at iCrates to know how they do it, but the main problem is that the auction titles often add words that have nothing to do with the artist/title. So you couldnt just search YouTube for the auction title. I am thinking the best way would be to selectively turn off words by tapping on them, then it searches for the remaining words. So, you turn off SUPER RAER BEETZ, but keep the actual title and artist name. The trick will be creating a custom control that makes that easy to do.

-pj

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Update is working fine in my 3GS

• pj4533 said:
    Otis_Funkmeyer said:

Just meant personally, I'd be less likely to go searching youtube out in the field, probably just use my portable to listen to the record. But if I was at home looking at the top 25 list, it'd be nice to have a direct link to the video/sound.

I haven't really looked at iCrates to know how they do it, but the main problem is that the auction titles often add words that have nothing to do with the artist/title. So you couldnt just search YouTube for the auction title. I am thinking the best way would be to selectively turn off words by tapping on them, then it searches for the remaining words. So, you turn off SUPER RAER BEETZ, but keep the actual title and artist name. The trick will be creating a custom control that makes that easy to do.

-pj

Why don't you have the YouTube search just be for the same words that the user typed into the ceefrenzy search?

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Otis_Funkmeyer said:

Why don't you have the YouTube search just be for the same words that the user typed into the ceefrenzy search?

That'd work good for searches, but what about top 25? Plus, top 25 is where I think it'd be used most (at least thats where I'd use it most). Cause if I am searching for a record, i usually know it already.....but its when i discover a record via top 25 or whatever, that I'd want to youtube it.

That said I hear you....just a simple 'youtube' button on the search results makes a ton of sense....

-pj