Your worst brush with mutha nature

2»

Comments

• LaserWolf said:
    vintageinfants said:
    i've been feeling absolutely shite since friday morning. wasn't able to bend my knees, lift my arms, pounding headache and fever-like symptoms popping up intermittantly.

i found out yesterday that it's a case of stage 2 west nile virus. there are 3 stages apparently, the first you'd never know you had, the second feels like you're going to die, the third you DO die.

so there's that.

Get well soon. Serious stuff.

thanks man.

it's just one of those things you dont think about getting. i mean, i was finishing a basement in the richest neighborhood in the city, i wasn't exactly on a safari in kenya.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Flomotion said:
    I stood on a small slug in my bare feet this morning. Beat that.

In my teens I was living in the black forest. I skated downhill a valley one evening, it was almost completely dark and I didn't see this giant toad until it was right in front of me and made a lazy leap right into the path of my skateboard. I made a last split second attempt at avoiding it but it was too late and it exploded underneath the board. My erratic movement and the toad being wrapped around the wheels caused me to wipe out and I left quite some skin on the pavement. My board was splattered with toad guts. It was disgusting.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    had a tornado rip through my alley a couple years back. it was a calm gray day, maybe some drizzle. i was watching tv and the power went out, then about 30 seconds later the wind starts picking up and the windows are flexing so i grab the cat and head for the basement. it was over by the time i got the door open. outside, downed trees and damage for blocks and blocks...

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    djkingotto said:
    had a tornado rip through my alley