Catch a panini

The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
and get caught slippin.. :oh_my:

Fri Jan 14, 1:04 pm ET
Laptop holding possible cancer cure is stolen at Panera Bread
By Brett Michael Dykes

Imagine for a second that you and your spouse had dedicated your lives to cancer research, often working long hours seven days a week in a race to save millions of human lives. OK, now imagine that the laptop containing your research data was stolen while you ventured briefly into a sandwich chain's store in search of sustenance. Now you have an inkling of how Sook Shin feels right about now.

"I cannot eat and sleep since last Sunday," Shin told KWTV in Oklahoma. "I'm devastated and I feel so guilty."
Yes, Shin and husband Ralf Janknecht -- leaders of the Oklahoma University prostate cancer research team -- stopped at a Panera Bread near their lab recently, and while they were inside, someone smashed their car window in the Panera parking lot and stole Shin's Apple laptop. They are now pleading for the thief to channel his or her inner humanitarian and give back the computer -- $1,000 reward, no questions asked.

"Please return the computer with the data saved," Janknecht requested in KWTV's report. "This would tremendously help us and you would do something for society."

This is why you should always back up your data, folks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110114/ts_yblog_thelookout/laptop-containing-possible-cancer-cure-stolen-at-panera-bread