Olbermann caught teh ban

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
Totally unfair when you can just put him on ignore. What are you guys gunna do now for newz?

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    C'mon son. You should know that Strutters go with Stewart and Maddow, not Keithy O.

I want to know how long until Keith gets $2M Fox contract, Juan Williams style.

• mannybolone said:
    C'mon son. You should know that Strutters go with Stewart and Maddow, not Keithy O.

I want to know how long until Keith gets $2M Fox contract, Juan Williams style.

A weekly Olbermann/Hannity cage match might get me to watch TV again.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Olbermann sucks when he is publicly involved in anything outside of sports. That's been the case since he left ESPN.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    wow i had no idea i need to wikipedia his life

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    This is what happens when you throw stones from your glass penthouse.

b/w

Silly reason to suspend dude...who the hell did they think he would contribute to, Christine O'Donnell

• pcmr said:
    wow i had no idea i need to wikipedia his life

ew

• Options
    Silly move. Joe Scarborough donated to a Republican in 2006, Pat Buchanan did it at least 5 times between 2005 and 2008, and no suspension.

This smells more like he told the wrong person to go fuck himself than any real application of principle.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    Silly move. Joe Scarborough donated to a Republican in 2006, Pat Buchanan did it at least 5 times between 2005 and 2008, and no suspension.

This smells more like he told the wrong person to go fuck himself than any real application of principle.

A friend of a friend (yeah I know) works on the Olbermann show and has stated that the guy has some serious personality problems OFF the air.....so who knows what motivated this.....but he has been railing against Fox dudes for donating $$ to the R's.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    BobDesperado said:

A friend of a friend (yeah I know) works on the Olbermann show and has stated that the guy has some serious personality problems OFF the air.....so who knows what motivated this.....but he has been railing against Fox dudes for donating $$ to the R's.

I have a friend who worked for him during the Clinton Impeachment era, Said homie was a total asshole. I personally do not like his style, especially his silly, over blown special commentaries. Not sure if MSNBC is playing fair given the other cases already mentioned.

• Options
    This is incomplete and speculative but it could be relevant:

http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/what-role-did-comcast-play-keith-olbermanns

Maybe we'll end up with two Fox channels. Wouldn't that be special.

I'm not a regular Olbermann watcher but I like the fact that he's willing to slug it out with bullies like Hannity and O'Reilly on a regular basis. I don't know why lefties are expected to be mild NPR types.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    mild NPR types.

You mean Satanists from the pit of Hades?

BobDesperado said:
    This is incomplete and speculative but it could be relevant:

http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/what-role-did-comcast-play-keith-olbermanns

Maybe we'll end up with two Fox channels. Wouldn't that be special.

I'm not a regular Olbermann watcher but I like the fact that he's willing to slug it out with bullies like Hannity and O'Reilly on a regular basis. I don't know why lefties are expected to be mild NPR types.

I don't see how MSNBC comes out looking good on this one. Their ratings are already a source of concern and there's no way this boosts that.

b/w

Jon Stewart and crew must be rueing that this happened on a Friday.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    mannybolone said:

Jon Stewart and crew must be rueing that this happened on a Friday.

I'm sure the folks over at The Daily Show are riding high off topping late night in October. Hope that keeps up.

On the subject of Olbermann. When does anyone catch teh ban with pretty much every possible republican candidate being a Fox New contributor???

Not that I'm a huge Olbermann fan mind you. Tho, he does make some very valid points from time to time.

There's a lot of layers to this; it's unlikely that the political contribution, in and of itself, is the main issue.

• Olbermann!!!!

Ever since Ben Aflack nailed him on SNL I can't take him (as) seriously, but he did get Maddow a TV show and created the title "Bill-O" the clown so I give him credit for that...

But seriously, he's a TV peronality, not a journalist. Celebrities can't give money to politicians? Since when? The line between politics and entertainment in America is disappearing fast. Seems like some old bullshit to me.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Maddow pretty much suppports what happened and make a great point at the end.

• Options
    DOR said:
    Maddow pretty much suppports what happened and make a great point at the end.

Maddow is a very exacting journalist who doesn't get enough credit for being just that. Great clip.

• DOR said:
    Maddow pretty much suppports what happened and make a great point at the end.>

it came off to me as being more self-serving than anything else. way to pat yourself on the back there rachel.

fox news may be worse in a lot of ways but that doesn't make msnbc good nor does it make her or olberman or ed whatshisname journalists.

• Options
    crabmongerfunk said:
    DOR said:
    Maddow pretty much suppports what happened and make a great point at the end.>

it came off to me as being more self-serving than anything else. way to pat yourself on the back there rachel.

fox news may be worse in a lot of ways but that doesn't make msnbc good nor does it make her or olberman or ed whatshisname journalists.

Which is it? Fox "may be worse" or is actually worse?

You don't seem like much of a journalist either.

Point out some examples of journalists you approve of who aren't "self-serving." It might be an interesting exercise.

• Options
    So much for bans. Olbermann will be back on Tuesday.

BobDesperado said:
    So much for bans. Olbermann will be back on Tuesday.

There's a reason why it was called a "suspension" and not a "firing."

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    This story actually made me watch MSNBC for a day. So it worked. Shame it is unwatchable.