Lamprey Eel caught teh ban?

disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
I just noticed that lamprey eel got banned. I won't miss him/ already had him on the ignore list but still: Has there been anything more than him being a pesky republican that motivated the ban? What have I missed? Which thread was his final? Couldn't find anything. Please help me out.

Anyway, Lamprey this is my farewell greeting:

Comments

• I guess it was his tea party trolling.

Franky, I find this kind of banning ultra lame, and I can't help but notice that his last thread has 138 posts and almost 5000 views.

I guess the party line here is taken very seriously.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Horseleech said:

Franky, I find this kind of banning ultra lame, and I can't help but notice that his last thread has 138 posts and almost 5000 views.

Why? Not that I care whether or not he was banned. I didn't agree with him at all, and frankly I thought that him coming here to a mostly left-leaning message board posting MOSTLY provocative right-wing political posts was just an attempt of trolling. I just ignored him. But what else did he bring to the table? I look at it the same way that Larry More And Jesus got the ban. Worthless and just taking up space and energy.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Sabadada takes the same line. So does Small Axe Rick and Vitamin (both of whom I've met in the real world and are good dudes although I completely disagree with their political stances.) But all three of those dudes contribute to the dialog here that is the meat of this site - music and it's culture. Sabada does like to be provocative but for the most part he's harmless and also when he expresses his shit he is smart enough to have a dialog about it and not just be a fucking dickhead.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Reminds me of this other dude Breath Slow who used to post on the Hollerboard. That shit is majorly left-leaning and dude is such a cock. Well, that board has pretty much died - at least it's a faint shadow of its former self, barely anyone goes on it anymore. But Breath Slow did today, just to gloat, anonymously, to an empty room. It's sad, really. Like what is your life like that you really feel like you need to do that? I don't know. Personally I could care less. But it is Raj's site so he can do with it what he wants #NoRandPaul

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    he was worth banning just to no longer see that god ugly avatar

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    tabira said:
    he was worth banning just to no longer see that god ugly avatar

The avatar was alright but his star-spangled Beach Boys praises with patriotic tears in his eyes were unbearable. Wasn't even sure if dude was serious with these.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    It's hard to defend a guy that doesn't make much of a contribution other than politics on a music board.

b/w

Most of the left leaning people I know claim to stand for tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity, so if this is a "left leaning" board why are those things not practiced here??

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    It's hard to defend a guy that doesn't make much of a contribution other than politics on a music board.

b/w

Most of the left leaning people I know claim to stand for tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity, so if this is a "left leaning" board why are those things not practiced here??

You're arguing for and against the banning?

Cosmo said:
    Rockadelic said:

b/w

You're arguing for and against the banning?

I'm not arguing against it....... but certainly don't understand it.

My railing against teh ban here has become a comedy routine to some, but I really have a hard time comprehending how making people you don't agree with go away is tolerant, inclusive or diverse.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    NAGL letting that thread run that long and banning him after.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

My railing against teh ban here has become a comedy routine to some, but I really have a hard time comprehending how making people you don't agree with go away is tolerant, inclusive or diverse.

I see the guy was a pest, that's why I put him on ignore but I didn't see him being insulting or crossing any other borders that justify the banning.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    You guys serve up troll sandwich on a silver platter.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    KISS THE RING

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I personally created a thread calling for his banning. His entire purpose here was to troll the left-leaning edge into arguing politics so he could tweak your noses and spout his talking points. I actually prefer having a diversity of viewpoints, both in real life and around here, and I enjoy discussing differences of opinion with reasonable people. But come to the table with more than just the intention to piss people off.

• Cosmo said:
    I look at it the same way that Larry More And Jesus got the ban.

He's still here, y'know. Posted several times today.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah I know. And he's really no better or worse than the eel.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'd like for once to see dudes straight up NOT RESPOND to a wack thread.

It says alot when yall dudes whip out your dicks everytime these "political" threads pop up.

Ignore the Thread - Chirp it the fuck out.

• batmon said:

It says alot when yall dudes whip out your dicks everytime these "political" threads pop up.

Thank you. I've been saying this for years!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    It doesn't matter which way you lean politically, if you behave like an asshole you can gtfo.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    batmon said:

I agree. I tried to head shit off at the pass by calling it not worth talking about. That's a response too though.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    if any of you had followed Giant Douchebag / Lamprey Eels antics on Waxidermy a banning was the only appropriate solution

I personally don't tune in to Soulstrut to read quasi-racist trolling points regurgitated verbatim from right wing talk radio

batmon said:

b/w

The guy started the thread and it was easy to identify.....so you click on it, see it's some Dick, and never click on it again.

I'm all for banning people who steal, stalk, are vulgar or abusive....but annoying political views......really??

Honestly, if the dude was saying the same exact words, the same exact way, but was pro Democrat no one would give it a second thought.

Banning fools, especially when there is an Ignore feature, just baffles the shit out of me.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Really.. who fucking cares. He brought little and wont be missed. Life is too short.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Herm said:
    batmon said:

S.A.Y.I.N.G.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    he's on ignore i dont care4 but am still happy to see him go

• Cosmo said:
    Herm said:
    batmon said:

S.A.Y.I.N.G.

"A gang of crickets will kill a motherf*cker." - Me (circa '06 in a similar ban-related thread)

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

b/w

The guy started the thread and it was easy to identify.....so you click on it, see it's some Dick, and never click on it again.

I'm all for banning people who steal, stalk, are vulgar or abusive....but annoying political views......really??

Honestly, if the dude was saying the same exact words, the same exact way, but was pro Democrat no one would give it a second thought.

Banning fools, especially when there is an Ignore feature, just baffles the shit out of me.

Randy Newman said it.

"Well he may be a fool but he's our fool
    If they think they're better than him they're wrong
    So I went to the park and I took some paper along
    And that's where I made this song"

Banning the guy is just lame, but then any sensible person with a spine knows that.

Anyone left of center favoring this ban is no better than Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity in all their glory.

Collectors are stereotyped as insular wienies who can't handle the harsh realities of life - or even mildly uncomfortable realities like being disagreed with. I used to think this stereotype was unfair, but it seems more grounded in reality with each passing day.

• Major LOL at the denial fiends here pretending that it wasn't his politics, just his 'style' that brought down the ban hammer. Left-leaning threads of the exact same tone are a daily occurrence in Struttown.

It would have been just as easy to respond with some humor, but people trip over themselves trying to show that they are more correct. If you don't want to deal, then walk on by - nobody is forcing you to read or comment.

If he actually said some racist shit then he should be banned pronto, but I re-read the thread and I couldn't find it.

Ignore him, clown him or debate him as you will, but the ban is for pussies, imo. I didn't care much for his threads, and I wish he would have talked more about music, but teh ban?

The real fact is that some people here just can't deal with people who don't think like they do.

There's a word for that, if I could just remember what it was...

• Options
    Horseleech said:
    Major LOL at the denial fiends here pretending that it wasn't his politics, just his 'style' that brought down the ban hammer. Left-leaning threads of the exact same tone are a daily occurrence in Struttown.

It would have been just as easy to respond with some humor, but people trip over themselves trying to show that they are more correct. If you don't want to deal, then walk on by - nobody is forcing you to read or comment.

If he actually said some racist shit then he should be banned pronto, but I re-read the thread and I couldn't find it.

Ignore him, clown him or debate him as you will, but the ban is for pussies, imo. I didn't care much for his threads, and I wish he would have talked more about music, but teh ban?

The real fact is that some people here just can't deal with people who don't think like they do.

There's a word for that, if I could just remember what it was...

No one has disagreed more with the Eel/Leech more often or more vociferously than I have, but he's not a bad guy and he actually does know a lot about music. Ran a label for a while, sells some great shit on ebay, and is always willing to offer up info when he has it.

As for the "talk about music" bit - he's not the only one. The prevailing focus of music talk here is rap and soul (in that order) and I know that's not a central interest for Eel OR myself. But I'm still paying attention and gleaning info, and there's still enough other shit going on that I like. Like the sports threads and finds threads, etc.

Maybe we're psychedelic aliens here, but if you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?

Or something like that.