• nice one... drum loops are back !!!!!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    RAW_HAMBURGER said:
    nice one... drum loops are back !!!!!

I'm sayin'! Love the drum loops.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    1:19 onward is too too good.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Sounding good. The beat and video are real nice.

• beat is smooth

am I the only one who can't stand dude's voice though? seriously, it's terrible and then he does that shit where he sounds like his voice is going to crack every other line

• Dope.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    highscheme said:

am I the only one who can't stand dude's voice though? seriously, it's terrible and then he does that shit where he sounds like his voice is going to crack every other line

I want to like this stuff but he's not making it easy. also with the corny subjects&angles;.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    his voice makes him standout
    he has an unparalleled emotion that comes out through his verses
    staxwax what subject matter interests you in current hiphop
    thanks for the link herm

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    ehh

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Never liked his voice/flow. It's better suited for rap-rock.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I like his voice, I like Jake's beat (s), but one thing I will say about Freeway is that he does not excel over smoov beats. A harder beat suits/balances his voice and flow much better imo.

pcmr said:

staxwax what subject matter interests you in current hiphop

I dunno man but on the stimulus package, his voice and delivery, coupled with the stuff he talks about, and with him being so literal with his approach to subjects - its just corn city to me.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    pcmr said:

staxwax what subject matter interests you

Hi & Mighty style odes to hip-hop's past

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    pcmr said:

staxwax what subject matter interests you

Hi & Mighty style odes to hip-hop's past

Finally listened to that Edan album that all the lil dudes been screaming about for years now...and while there are certainly likeable things about the production...c'mon now, a hip-hop history lesson on just about every track??? What's that catchphrase of yours, faux?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Stimulus Package is very very good. And I finally warmed up to Philly Freewway.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Dudes who can't get with Freeway cause he's too rough around the edges should stick listining to High and Mighty and their ilk, fuck outta here, dude is so ill, soul and raw emotion are the enemies of these "true hip hop" head types. His subject matter reflects many things, religion, loyalty to his neighborhood etc.....i'm sure all you hear is the tough talk and gun play, it's deeper than that.

peace,xavier

haze25 said:
    Dudes who can't get with Freeway cause he's too rough around the edges should stick listining to High and Mighty and their ilk

High & Mighty = the new SoulStrut shorthand for corniness

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Freeway has been my favourite rapper for a minute now. I hear what people are saying about his voice and his flow, and bassie has a point about how he sounds better over harder beats, but I think his energy and his expressiveness can compliment a good beat whether it's hard or mellow. Moreover, dude is putting in work and is ridiculously consistent for an emcee ten years into his recording career. It's a shame he and Jake weren't able to squeeze in a London show on their Euro tour.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    bassie said:
    I like his voice, I like Jake's beat (s), but one thing I will say about Freeway is that he does not excel over smoov beats. A harder beat suits/balances his voice and flow much better imo.

Really ? i think he suits the chilled beats better because his voice is so gruff.
    And High and Mighty are in no way corny. Well okay maybe when they dissed Masta Ace.

kicks79 said:

And High and Mighty are in no way corny.

LOLOLOLOLOL

Euromen revealed

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Freeway is great, always has been. He could talk about getting head a little less often for my tastes, that's my only gripe. His voice and flow = awesome.

This to me is the ideal Free track, from month of madness:

A good example of his style meshing well with a smooth beat IMO.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    The whole "The Beat Made Me Do It" mix cd w/ Jake One also shows how great Free sounds over mellow tracks, as well as boogie/modern soul numbers.

peace,xavier

• faux_rillz said:
    kicks79 said:

And High and Mighty are in no way corny.

LOLOLOLOLOL

Euromen revealed

Plaese be serious. As you can tell from the other thread most of the H&M fans/apologists are red-blooded Amerimen.

As for Freeway, I like him, but I wouldn't mind a bit more variety in both content and style.

• yeah freeway is dope but he gets a bit boring for a whole album

Spacecho said:
    yeah freeway is dope but he gets a bit boring for a whole album

He sometimes reminds me of Reks - who has similar problems. I prefer his shit to Freeway tho. Does the Strut hate on the grey haired one?

• Big_Chan said:
    RAW_HAMBURGER said:
    nice one... drum loops are back !!!!!

I'm sayin'! Love the drum loops.

Same here.

(3:56)

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Stuntin' outside of The Free Library!