Question about Edwards Generation LP

bobtheorangebobtheorange 432 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
I found a copy of this today and I was wondering if the copy is an original. The cover is think brown cardboard but my concern is about the vinyl, which is really flexi with a the label that looks like it could be a scan. The runout groove is TLPS - 401. Couldn't find any info about a repress/bootleg on it, so any info can help.

Comments

• My bootleg also has a thick brown cover and is pretty flexible vinyl. I have the same mark in the groove, but also there is some faint illegible word on the other side of the circle. Looks kinda like "Darrels".

• where did you find it?

• Otis_Funkmeyer said:
    My bootleg also has a thick brown cover and is pretty flexible vinyl. I have the same mark in the groove, but also there is some faint illegible word on the other side of the circle. Looks kinda like "Darrels".
    I think the copy I found also had the same marking(I had put it on hold). I guess I'll leave it for the price they're asking($20).

• breadwinner said:
    where did you find it?
    At a record store in Portland, Oregon.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    I didn't know there was a reissue/boot. I found mine at half price books and assumed it was the og. Thick brown scented cardboard and runout groove says TLPS and then SPL which is scratched out with a couple lines and then 401-A. Then it has A21423 Then QT3. Nothing about Darrell or whoever. Now my eyes hurt so I'm just gonna put it on and listen to it.

• high_c said:
    I didn't know there was a reissue/boot. I found mine at half price books and assumed it was the og. Thick brown scented cardboard and runout groove says TLPS and then SPL which is scratched out with a couple lines and then 401-A. Then it has A21423 Then QT3. Nothing about Darrell or whoever. Now my eyes hurt so I'm just gonna put it on and listen to it.
    thanks for the info, I'll go back and check if it has any of that.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    The original I had was on fairly thick vinyl. There's supposedly a reissue/boot with a really close sleeve.

• hcrink said:
    The original I had was on fairly thick vinyl. There's supposedly a reissue/boot with a really close sleeve.
    just the info I needed, thanks!